Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,523x in 14,782 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Last night we had home raised pork chops from a hog my daughter and family raised a while back. If you have never had home raised pork, try it, it literally taste like a different animal than the factory farm , super dry version offered in the grocery store.
    Tonight , steak from a grass fed side of beef we bought a couple of years ago and tomorrow night goose, thanks to my brother in law's early goose season success. I didn't get to go. Damn work interferes with my recreational life! LOL
    Down to left overs today. I started out to make steak and eggs with the left over grass fed beef and said why not add some of the left over home grown pork and then it hit me. Gotta thrown in some of last nights wild goose. I was able to pull off the small pieces I wanted of all three meats by hand , no knife or fork required. Best damn left overs I've ever had ! Now I'm going to go try to catch a Rainbow Trout or two. My great dinner streak is probably over for a couple of weeks because it's a little early for what I call the fall run. But I'll love being outside on the water so it's a win even with no fish.
    Last edited by donttread; 10-01-2016 at 10:46 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-01-2016)

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 1,757
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,011x in 10,723 Posts
    Mentioned
    494 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to an auction, both at a state fair...and a county cattle, hog, pig, horse, etc auction.

They did sampling and I'm the opposite of donttread, I've been spoiled. The sausage and beef tasted bland to me, they had grain and grass fed, all kinds of samples, it wasn't what I expected. Came home and pigged out on some Johnsonville Brats. Much tastier.

Learned how to get around FDA rules, learned how they process much of the product, nothing going to waste, amazing.

+ Reply to Thread