Members banned from this thread: del

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Why? or What? causes certain Races to commit certain crimes at a higher rate?

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassYour first GroupVeteranRecommendation First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    DGUtley's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 46,579x in 25,136 Posts
    Mentioned
    892 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    If you want fairness across the board, then legacy student status should be banned, and applicants are admitted based upon scoring and testing results. Any reserve seats should be awarded based on a lottery system of disadvantaged students.
    I'm ok with banning legacy student status in public schools (and maybe private schools that accept federal research money). I'm not familiar with the concept of reserved seats. But, if you are holding seats for disadvantaged students, my position would be that you could not take a disadvantaged student with x% lower gpa/score than a non-disadvantaged student. (What that % would be I'm not sure -- again, had they taken a student with close/comparable gpa over my daughter, they'd have never heard a peep out of me. In fact, in our litigation, I challenged them to justify it on merit and told them that I'd dismiss if they could - and they couldn't.)
    Any time you give a man something he doesn't earn, you cheapen him. Our kids earn what they get, and that includes respect. -- Woody Hayes​

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,440x in 9,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    That's because they commit a lot more violent crime.

You believe the rates are the same based upon...what exactly. Faith? Did you suddenly find Jesus? lol
    Are you just not listening to me? Blacks and whites commit crimes of all sorts at about the same rate. Blacks are convicted of the crimes more often. The crime rates are based on convictions, not commissions, so the crime rate for blacks looks higher even though in reality it isn't.
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,570x in 36,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    Are you just not listening to me? Blacks and whites commit crimes of all sorts at about the same rate. Blacks are convicted of the crimes more often. The crime rates are based on convictions, not commissions, so the crime rate for blacks looks higher even though in reality it isn't.
    I am listening to you. You sound like a loon. No, blacks and whites do not commit violent crimes "around the same rate". All of the data suggests that's nonsense. It's not even close. I base my opinion on the stats. You base your opinion on...what exactly? Faith?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cthulhu's Avatar Senior Member
    The spaces between cognitive thought and passive nightmares
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,079x in 5,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    577 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    I think you missed my point.
    I stand corrected.

Blarg.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.
    "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

Ephesians 6:12

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 581
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    decedent's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,794x in 2,008 Posts
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All oppressed people have decreased -- whether it's the gypsies in Germany, the Basques in Spain, backs in America, indigenous peoples in Canada, the Romani in France. Decreased opportunity leads to poverty and illicit activity. Much of this oppression is a result of colonialism. The entirety of Africa was quickly colonized by Europe, which shipped Africans across the world.

Here's how a black community can prosper when the effects of colonial hegemony are reduced:

I have a big cook.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by decedent View Post
    All oppressed people have decreased -- whether it's the gypsies in Germany, the Basques in Spain, backs in America, indigenous peoples in Canada, the Romani in France. Decreased opportunity leads to poverty and illicit activity. Much of this oppression is a result of colonialism. The entirety of Africa was quickly colonized by Europe, which shipped Africans across the world.

Here's how a black community can prosper when the effects of colonial hegemony are reduced:

The black population of America has increased and the black population of Africa has exploded. This is due almost entirely to Western medicine and technology.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,901x in 15,599 Posts
    Mentioned
    1237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    I am listening to you. You sound like a loon. No, blacks and whites do not commit violent crimes "around the same rate". All of the data suggests that's nonsense. It's not even close. I base my opinion on the stats. You base your opinion on...what exactly? Faith?
    Correct, it will never be close to the same "rate" considering the population demographics. However, the total number between black and white violent crimes are around the same. That is according to FBI stats.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Correct, it will never be close to the same "rate" considering the population demographics. However, the total number between black and white violent crimes are around the same. That is according to FBI stats.
    I haven't argued otherwise. I have argued that a black man is exponentially more likely to be the perpetrator or victim of a homicide. I have argued that black men commit a grossly disproportionate amount of violent crime. I have argued that black men are much more likely to have tense encounters with law enforcement, not because they're black, but because they are far more likely to be suspects in violent crimes.

~Alain de Benoist

+ Reply to Thread