I'm pretty sure I don't have a copy of 'Mein Kampf' at this time, but I do own a copy of David Duke's 'My Awakening'. I picked it up at a local thrift shop a few years ago for a couple of dollars, and thought it might be interesting to read the man's thinking first-hand, but at this point I seriously doubt that I will ever take the time to do that. The thing is...it's a signed copy, and I'm torn between just letting the thing take up shelf space or either selling it or donating it somewhere. If I put something like that on eBay - assuming they even accepted the listing - a lot of people would probably assume that I was promoting or endorsing Duke's ideas by selling the book. I could donate the thing to a charity thrift shop or book sale, but then you'd potentially have people going ballistic when they saw it there, or - worse - potentially have someone buy it, read it and have their beliefs reinforced by it.

A number of years ago, when John Wayne Gacy was still alive and in prison, I had an opportunity to buy a couple of his clown paintings for a really good price, and I almost did it. Glad now that I did not, because, if anything, divesting oneself of something like that would be even more problematic than having the signed Duke volume and not quite knowing what to do with it.