User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: De Blasio: NYC Will Resist Any Deportation Plans.....

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 271
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MRogersNhood's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 275x in 245 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exploited View Post
    If this is a game, you simply aren't playing it very well. You can't demonstrate any illegality, and yet want a heavy-handed federal response. Doesn't make any sense.

Beyond that, New York has been subsidizing red states for decades. Any moral obligation to pay for stuff to benefit other people in other states has long been fulfilled.
    NY don't make my world go 'round in any way,shape,or form.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 697
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    exploited's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,218x in 896 Posts
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    they broke the immigration laws, noodge. You seem to have a problem with he legal system. Hillary didn't break any laws...this is your figuring....ergo, those illegals didn't break any laws.....
    systemic denial doesn't change a thing. Hillary is a crook and your beloved illegals are just that, illegal
    Here's what I propose.............. anyone caught using illegal Mexicans for employment gets 10 years in a fed pen, ALL assets seized, the whole immediate family driven from their homes and put on the streets. Once your pets cannot find work, they'll go.....
    If there are illegals in NYC, they should feel bad and deport themselves. Note this still doesn't oblige NYC to vocally support Trump's agenda, or dedicate resources to implementing it.

I get it, you voted for a known moron and one of the most hated men in America, who promised you the world. But democracy in America has never been without difficulties, and people will not simply accept what POTUS wants without a fuss.

Abortion is legal in every state, but some states and some cities have enacted legislation that defies the spirit of that law, under the guise of safety. The result is women not being able to get an abortion. I disagree with this but you don't see me calling for the people responsible to be arrested or charged because they didn't do what they are not required to do.

Time to face the music Trumpkins. You got your victory. Now is when you start facing the reality of governance. "You can't always get what you want."

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 535
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 29,423x in 20,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only thing Trump promised anyone was to keep Hillary out of the WH. That's all I need. The rest is negotiation
    For waltky: http://quakes.globalincidentmap.com/
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

DGUtley (11-13-2016)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    the only thing Trump promised anyone was to keep Hillary out of the WH. That's all I need. The rest is negotiation
    And by negotiation, you mean arresting anyone who doesn't go along with what you want without objection?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And by negotiation, you mean arresting anyone who doesn't go along with what you want without objection?
    depends..if they force it through violence, they'll get to jail, in some cases, maybe not....
    tell us, are you willing to lay down your life for your personal views? Most of us in here would do exactly that.....and we may yet have to.
    Your Rights do not include taking mine away from me. My Right says I can defend because YOUR Rights end where mine begin.
    Screw the illegals. They are a blight upon our workforce and soak up money that is needed for Americans, not interlopers.
    They have no US Rights to begin with and knew the consequences when they broke the law.
    You guys..........you guys are so hell bent on a world without consequences................ There must be consequences. or would you prefer to be arrested for maybe driving under the influence, but your beloved illegals gets a pass..........maybe, in your world, you should not be arrested for drunk driving....perfect..... a nation without laws, ruled by emotional stupes with no personal consequences...
    How many of the illegals do you employ?
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there are illegals in NYC, they should feel bad and deport themselves. Note this still doesn't oblige NYC to vocally support Trump's agenda, or dedicate resources to implementing it.

I get it, you voted for a known moron and one of the most hated men in America, who promised you the world. But democracy in America has never been without difficulties, and people will not simply accept what POTUS wants without a fuss.

Abortion is legal in every state, but some states and some cities have enacted legislation that defies the spirit of that law, under the guise of safety. The result is women not being able to get an abortion. I disagree with this but you don't see me calling for the people responsible to be arrested or charged because they didn't do what they are not required to do.

Time to face the music Trumpkins. You got your victory. Now is when you start facing the reality of governance. "You can't always get what you want."
    nope, I voted to keep the old bag out of the WH.....that's what YOU don't get.....tell us, what did you lose? Rights? Paycheck? Home?
    No? then you've lost nothing at all
    - Thucydides

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,620x in 14,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for him. The resistance to Trump is just starting to gear up, and people have not forgotten how Obama was treated. Enjoy yourselves.

You know what, you have given me an idea. With the NYC mayor for an examle upstate should refuse to abide by NYS laws mostlt enacted with downstate votes. To hell with repealing the safe act lets just all openly ignore it . It's an idea.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    You know what, you have given me an idea. With the NYC mayor for an examle upstate should refuse to abide by NYS laws mostlt enacted with downstate votes. To hell with repealing the safe act lets just all openly ignore it . It's an idea.
    You could definitely choose not to dedicate resources to it's enforcement. That is well within the rights of a municipal government. You can't impede other agencies from enforcing it but you are not obliged to spend tax dollars on it yourself.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,167x in 27,728 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cuomo joins Blabbermouth De Blasio, in letting Trump know where to concentrate the Fed.

Gov. Cuomo Says in Age of Trump, New York Is a 'Refuge' For Minorities ......

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo wants everyone to know New York is a “refuge” for all people--except Republicans, apparently.

“As New Yorkers, we have fundamentally different philosophies than what Donald Trump laid out in his campaign,” Cuomo wrote on his Facebook page in an open letter to New Yorkers.
    “So let me be absolutely clear: If anyone feels that they are under attack, I want them to know that the state of New York … is their refuge.”

He continued: “Whether you are gay or straight, Muslim or Christian, rich or poor, black or white or brown, we respect all people in the state of New York,” which he described as the “progressive capital of the nation.”

Andrew Cuomo
    on Saturday
    The state of New York has a proud legacy as the progressive capital of the nation, and that is more important today than ever before.
    As New Yorkers, we have fundamentally different philosophies than what Donald Trump laid out in his campaign.
    So let me be absolutely clear: If anyone feels that they are under attack, I want them to know that the state of New York – the state that has the Statue of Liberty in its harbor – is their refuge.
    ... Whether you are gay or straight, Muslim or Christian, rich or poor, black or white or brown, we respect all people in the state of New York.
    It's the very core of what we believe and who we are. But it's not just what we say, we passed laws that reflect it, and we will continue to do so, no matter what happens nationally. We won’t allow a federal government that attacks immigrants to do so in our state.
    We are a state of immigrants.
    We are the state that raised the minimum wage to $15.
    We are the state that passed Paid Family Leave.
    We are the state that passed marriage equality.
    We are New York, and we will stand up for you. And on that, I will never compromise.
    Count on it.

See More

Ed Cox, the state’s GOP chairman, said Cuomo was trying to pursue “his own political ambitions.”

"Give it a break, Andrew," Cox told the Daily News. "This could not be more untimely and it is Andrew as a raw politician at a time when we should be reconciling and pulling together as one nation after a very contentious campaign.".....snip~

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbar...ities-n2245682
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,009
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 16,124x in 11,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anything wrong with the respecting people who are straight, gay, rich, poor, black, brown, Muslim or Christian?

+ Reply to Thread