User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Thread: Womens' March on Washington ~ Touted as largest protest to a Prez inauguration ever

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,257
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,050x in 8,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Can we say 3rd world ? theres one exceptional problem we have in the usa that other 3rd world countries dont have. The people have guns and lots of them.

I never thought id see the country in the state it is in my lifetime.

We have a waiting sitting room in the front of the computer store. Two of the guys were busy with customers and I was ordering parts, I heard a commotion. Two older women were almost to the point of getting physical , over guess what, donald trump.

I said ladies please calm down they got louder, so I told them ok take the argument outside, then they calmed down and I separated them I felt like I was on the job again.
    Seriously arguing in a computer store waiting to get your computer fixed.
    Not to suggest that people are not emotional about this election. It has had a very polarizing effect on the nation, but the real issues, such as you have pointed out are not really yet on many people's radar. Once it really filters down to the people who don't really read all that much, social unrest will start to increase - not so much from the people who are used to being at the bottom, but from those whose fall from the middle class will leave them in economic circumstances that they never considered possible in America. Those guns that you speak of could become problematic as people demand something that the government can't change.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 2,257
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,050x in 8,898 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Some of those who speak of a "new world" are the same folks who tell us lettuce will cost $100 a head if we don't have grade school educated Mexicans to pick them. Incoherence is a popular pastime at tPF.
    Lettuce will not cost $100 a head. If there are no Mexicans to pick them, there will be machinery that will pick them. You missed the point. All unskilled labor will eventually be forfeit and even many skilled jobs will disappear. Unless the focus is on new ways to make money that can't be replaced with a computer program or robotics, the unemployment rate will continue to grow exponentially.
    In quoting my post, you affirm and agree that you have not been goaded, provoked, emotionally manipulated or otherwise coerced into responding.

"The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

maineman (01-23-2017)

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Professor Peabody's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,385x in 1,030 Posts
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    McDonalds coffee is actually pretty good.
    I have had plenty myself. They have a good roast and grind.
    We must have the clarity of vision to see the difference between what is essential and what is merely desirable, and then the courage to bring our government back under control and make it acceptable to the people. - Ronald Reagan, 1980 Nomination Acceptance Speech

+ Reply to Thread