Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPress Polly View Post
    I don't have to answer your inquiry because the boss doesn't have to know how you vote! The threat is in what will happen to you (i.e. what they will "be forced to" do to you) if the election OUTCOME goes "the wrong way". That is pretty clear pressure to vote a certain way. Hence the thread title.
    That is truly pitiful. I think you are well aware that your first issue was a fail so you're stretching to incredible lengths so avoid saying, "Ooops!".

But, to play your game one more step. Assume President Obama does win. What will the boss do? We all know President Obama will be trying to drive it into bankruptcy but does he just surrender and go and leave his employees to the tender mercies of the commissars? I think, logically, we would see more flight to other countries and President Obama's destruction of the U.S. would move forward.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,520x in 94,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    That is truly pitiful. I think you are well aware that your first issue was a fail so you're stretching to incredible lengths so avoid saying, "Ooops!".

But, to play your game one more step. Assume President Obama does win. What will the boss do? We all know President Obama will be trying to drive it into bankruptcy but does he just surrender and go and leave his employees to the tender mercies of the commissars? I think, logically, we would see more flight to other countries and President Obama's destruction of the U.S. would move forward.
    Can you disagree with another poster without the over-the-top pitiful comment. Sure for some posters that is appropriate. Polly may be on the far left, but she doesn't troll or post drivel like a lot of people do. Think before you post. That is what your mother would advise.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (10-20-2012)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Can you disagree with another poster without the over-the-top pitiful comment. Sure for some posters that is appropriate. Polly may be on the far left, but she doesn't troll or post drivel like a lot of people do. Think before you post. That is what your mother would advise.
    my junk is ugly

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,804
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,643x in 4,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, just thought I'd follow up on this now that we have reached the post-election stage. I had mentioned employers threatening their employees with layoffs in the event that Obama should be re-elected. Most of you said that those were just their opinions of how the economy would go and what that would necessitate if Obama were re-elected, not actual threats. Well here is a concrete example to the contrary: just days after the election, one such employer who had issued such threats and even forced his employees to attend a Romney campaign event without pay is sacking 163 employees. Do you really think that anything other than the election outcome explains this development? If so, I've got a bridge I can sell you.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    patrickt's Avatar Senior Member
    Living in Oaxaca, Mexico, born in Memphis and worked in Colorado
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    My mother is dead, Peter. That means if she voted she voted for President Obama. I understand it's your opinion that Polly doesn't post drivel. It's an opinion I don't share. Her OP was a total paranoid fail so instead of saying, "Oops!" she tried to shift topic in mid-stream.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    patrickt's Avatar Senior Member
    Living in Oaxaca, Mexico, born in Memphis and worked in Colorado
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, just thought I'd follow up on this now that we have reached the post-election stage. I had mentioned employers threatening their employees with layoffs in the event that Obama should be re-elected. Most of you said that those were just their opinions of how the economy would go and what that would necessitate if Obama were re-elected, not actual threats. Well here is a concrete example to the contrary: just days after the election, one such employer who had issued such threats and even forced his employees to attend a Romney campaign event without pay is sacking 163 employees. Do you really think that anything other than the election outcome explains this development? If so, I've got a bridge I can sell you.
    That is even more pitiful. You seem to think that these CEOs are going to damage their business and income to "get even" with their employees for possibly voting for Obama. Has it ever dawned on you that they are trying to protect their business from someone who hates business? I realize something that petty would be expected from the liberals so perhaps it's simple projection. What you are seeing is the entirely predictable response of businesses struggling against a hostile government.

Another thread on this topic.
    http://thepoliticalforums.com/thread...For-Last-Night
    Last edited by patrickt; 11-12-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what was the left saying about a romney vote and win? They said that blacks would all go back to 'the crop fields'. Said that women would be pushed back into the next century, they said 'y'all would all be in chains'...and on and on and on. One thing they didn't say is that a vote for obama means we are going at some point in the near future over the fiscal cliff, there are going to be job losses and America is in danger of losing its sovereignty, it's security, its ability to pay off its debt and our form of gov't.

Okay though...obama voters are getting those cool phones. And they get to stick it to those hateful rich folk.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    My mother is dead, Peter. That means if she voted she voted for President Obama. I understand it's your opinion that Polly doesn't post drivel. It's an opinion I don't share. Her OP was a total paranoid fail so instead of saying, "Oops!" she tried to shift topic in mid-stream.
    Dammit, anther Obama voter. My dad as well.... No wonder he won so handily.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obama is supporting regulations designed to put coal companies out of business. Obama told us that he would do it.

If you listen to the entire response, it is clear that Obama is unsure of anything he says other than his plans will necessarily bankrupt the coal industry.

Obama set these layoffs in motion prior to his first election.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 1,769
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mainecoons's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,437x in 4,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't lay off people if you have work and can make money. Many businesses are going to have to come up with large percentage increases in payrolls overnight as a result of ObamaCare, in an economy that will not allow them to raise prices to compensate. So they are going to lay off people and/or eliminate full time employment. It is either that or close the doors.

This is just the beginning, Polly. You "new demographic" types, like the street mobs of Rome, think you've won because you think that all you needed to do was to "elect" the demagogues and liars who lead you and they will somehow magically produce wealth and prosperity for you. Problem is, the people who actually produce that wealth have the option to not do so. You all haven't a clue how to produce wealth, just to spend the wealth of others.

It is going to be fun to watch you all try and "win" the economy with people getting checks, people getting paid by government for playing on message boards all day, etc.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mainecoons For This Useful Post:

Captain Obvious (11-12-2012),The Little Dictator (11-12-2012)

+ Reply to Thread