Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,500x in 1,224 Posts
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jim View Post
    You aren't age of consent in the US until 18 William but there is no reason that anyone can not discuss this with you. BTW you say you don't know any gays but you most probably do. I don't think too many of them announce it. Many people are very narrow minded about anyone who is different than themselves..
    But he lives in Australia, so the law that applies to him is the one of Australia.
    WORK AND FIGHT FOR THE REVOLUTION AND AGAINST THE INJUSTICE.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,756x in 15,337 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
    *shrug* I live my life as I please and don't ask anyone for permission or approval.
    Stop it GA you're married.

Just kidding, all happily married men spend their life time seeking the approval of their spouse.
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hanger4 For This Useful Post:

Green Arrow (12-11-2016)

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 443
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    Beevee's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,826x in 1,454 Posts
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by valley ranch View Post
    Peter, Yes the Holy Bible speaks of Angels having, husband and wife do together, with woman, it also clearly speaks of unnatural diddling just as clearly. And the jerk and the communist twit, just had a go at our Lord and our culture while pretending to get a grip on our intense dislike for sex punks. Don't worry you creeps, you'll be back on your knees in no time.
    So, you don't tolerate people who have no use for religion but expect them to tolerate you?
    My view on homosexuality? It's none of my business, unless I'm approached to be a participant.
    Last edited by Beevee; 12-11-2016 at 07:27 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beevee For This Useful Post:

kilgram (12-11-2016),William (12-11-2016)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Common's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 18,315x in 10,924 Posts
    Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problem whatsoever with gays and never have my entire life. I have a real big problem with individuals that want to club people over the head with homosexuality. I have a problem with those that want to force everything homo down our throats and insinuate they are better humans than straight people.
    I have turned it off I dont read or respond to it anymore, its redundant nonsense
    LETS GO BRANDON
    F Joe Biden

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Common For This Useful Post:

resister (12-11-2016)

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,804
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first Group50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    IMPress Polly's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,643x in 4,358 Posts
    Mentioned
    634 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    William wrote:
    Why do some people seem to have a problem with homosexuality? I don't understand it, and I don't really know any gays, but I don't understand how what people do in private with each other can affect neone else.

I know religious people say the Bible condemns it, but like we don't even know for sure if there is a God, so all we know about the Bible is it's just a collection of stories about an ancient nomadic desert tribe. But doesn't matter what we believe, or don't believe, do we have the right to make someone's life difficult over something that's none of our business?
    In an historical sense, homosexuality has traditionally been stigmatized because humanity has traditionally been quite destitute and thus in need of really, really encouraging as much reproduction as possible. Because you cannot reproduce in same-sex relationships and yet humanity has traditionally had this circumstantial compulsion to produce as many children as possible just so that enough might live to adulthood to keep the society alive...this is why most societies have traditionally regarded homosexuality as unnatural and stigmatized it. It is also why it was wealthier societies like ancient Rome that were more tolerant of it in ancient times and why it's mostly poorer countries today still that don't permit same-sex relationships. Religion has really just provided the official blessing for that underlying human survival instinct and necessity.

In today's world, and especially in wealthier countries like ours, stigmatizing homosexuality no longer makes sense because the aforementioned circumstances that led to it being stigmatized no longer exist, which is the world-historic reason why the stigma surrounding it is starting to disappear. However, history always has its reactionaries who are intimidated by ideas like change itself and social equality.
    Last edited by IMPress Polly; 12-11-2016 at 10:22 AM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IMPress Polly For This Useful Post:

Green Arrow (12-11-2016),Ravens Fan (12-11-2016),William (12-11-2016)

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 496
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsSocial
    waltky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,140x in 1,616 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uncle Ferd says is `cause dey talk with a lisp...

... an' dey swish when dey walk...

... an' now dey tryin' to get ever'body...

... to be like dem.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to waltky For This Useful Post:

resister (12-11-2016)

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,087x in 12,282 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe that some people do confuse approval of something with a simple acknowledgment of a thing's existence. Same-sex attraction, same-sex relationships - there are no rational reasons why the civil law should discriminate in any way whatsoever against those whose natural urge is in that direction. People who believe that living in a society where, for example, couples of whom they disapprove are permitted to marry or adopt children or be teachers is somehow a violation of their rights are clearly placing conformity above fairness and justice, and - in the case of Americans - are in error in the matter of how their legal institutions are supposed to work.

You don't have to feel that you are being made to approve of something, or being made to consider it "normal", because the State does; the State represents - at least in theory - the legitimate interests of all the people, and some of those interests may be personally disturbing to any number of citizens.

Why so many cultures, at least in their primitive states - still ongoing, in some cases - revile and condemn same-sex attraction (I don't care for the word "homosexuality", as it's a b*st*rd mash-up of Greek and Latin words and sounds entirely too clinical) is something I haven't studied or done much reading about recently, so I really don't know. I suspect it has something to do with suspicion of "the other" - people who are different in any way. The founders and scriptural authors of several of the major world religions, being human beings whose cultures largely practiced that condemnation, ascribed those feelings to their God, while classifying same-sex attraction - since it was something that their culture taught them was wrong - as the work of God's opposite number.
    Last edited by Standing Wolf; 12-11-2016 at 08:10 AM.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (12-11-2016),Green Arrow (12-11-2016),William (12-11-2016)

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,156
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Crepitus's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,440x in 9,812 Posts
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waltky View Post
    Uncle Ferd says is `cause dey talk with a lisp...

... an' dey swish when dey walk...

... an' now dey tryin' to get ever'body...

... to be like dem.
    Has someone been pressuring you to act like a sitcom stereotype?
    People who think a movie about plastic dolls is trying to turn their kids gay or trans are now officially known as

Barbie Q’s

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 733
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,516x in 14,777 Posts
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Why do some people seem to have a problem with homosexuality? I don't understand it, and I don't really know any gays, but I don't understand how what people do in private with each other can affect neone else.

I know religious people say the Bible condemns it, but like we don't even know for sure if there is a God, so all we know about the Bible is it's just a collection of stories about an ancient nomadic desert tribe. But doesn't matter what we believe, or don't believe, do we have the right to make someone's life difficult over something that's none of our business?

I also know people go on about paedos like that's the same thing as being gay, but we talked about this in sociology class, and there's no connection. The majority of kids who are molested are girls, and by older 'straight' men. And a lot of guys think girl-on-girl activity is pretty interesting , so what exactly is the problem people have with homosexuality?

And BTW, in three days I will be 16, (the age of consent) so older people can talk to me about these things.

William, I believe we should measure politics on a control freak scale instead of left and right. Wanting to ban guns or wanting to ban gay marriage actually stem from the same source. A desire to impose your will and lifestyle on others. Same with drug prohibition ,many of our tax laws ( at least here), seat belt laws etc.
    The world bills itself as left vs. right, globailist vs. nationalist and in their own minds right vs. wrong. But it's actually just a bunch of control freaks wrestling over which parts of your life they want to have unecessary control over.
    "Dance puppet, dance"

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Standing Wolf (12-11-2016),William (12-11-2016)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,041
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    William's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,818x in 1,689 Posts
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Jim View Post
    You aren't age of consent in the US until 18 William but there is no reason that anyone can not discuss this with you. BTW you say you don't know any gays but you most probably do. I don't think too many of them announce it. Many people are very narrow minded about anyone who is different than themselves..
    Thanks for that, and don't take this wrong, but the age of consent in most European countries is between 14 and 16. Australia is actually a bit backward in having 16 (and so is the UK) - like it's 14 in Germany, Austria and Italy, and 15 in France, Denmark, and Greece. So how come the US is so far behind?
    Oh, I wish I were a glow worm,
    for a glow worm's never glum,
    'cause how can you be grumpy
    when the sun shines out your bum!

+ Reply to Thread