Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,503x in 1,227 Posts
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That's true, so you might superficially say bigger government leads to less abortion. But the fact is where it's declining is with millennials who are increasingly dissatisfied with the current system. OWS and BLM and other movements have taught them not to trust the government.

Wait, I thought you claimed to be an anarchist.
    I've not argumented in favour of government

No, the reality is that there is better sex education and for this reason the abortions are decreasing. It is the reason. Government or not has no influence in the abortion. That was my argument. Against the stupid argument about saying that less government would lead to less abortions. That is absurd.
    WORK AND FIGHT FOR THE REVOLUTION AND AGAINST THE INJUSTICE.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,474
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    kilgram's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,503x in 1,227 Posts
    Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have posted enough about morality for you and others to know I do not think of morality as mine and yours or in any individualistic way at all. Morality has to do with society.
    And I absolutely disagree of that view. Morality is personal.

And about society, I may not agree with you what about it is moral or no, or what is better for the society.
    WORK AND FIGHT FOR THE REVOLUTION AND AGAINST THE INJUSTICE.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,549x in 55,058 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilgram View Post
    And I absolutely disagree of that view. Morality is personal.

And about society, I may not agree with you what about it is moral or no, or what is better for the society.
    How can that be? Morality doesn't have to do with how you treat yourself but how you interact with others. Morality is social.

You nor I decide morality.

Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilgram View Post
    I've not argumented in favour of government

No, the reality is that there is better sex education and for this reason the abortions are decreasing. It is the reason. Government or not has no influence in the abortion. That was my argument. Against the stupid argument about saying that less government would lead to less abortions. That is absurd.
    But the government in sanctioning and subsidizing abortion takes all moral responsibility from people.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 2,150
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,270x in 12,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But the government in sanctioning and subsidizing abortion takes all moral responsibility from people.
    The Hyde Amendment, in its current incarnation, only permits taxpayer funds to go for abortion services in cases of rape or incest, or if the life of the mother is threatened. Would it be morally better, in your view, to go back to the way it was in 1977, when those exceptions were not made?

Many taxpaying citizens consider war to be a great moral wrong - yet war is sanctioned and paid for by their tax dollars. The same is true, probably in greater numbers, with those who oppose capital punishment. I daresay we could probably all find something objectionable in the way some portion of our money is spent. Do those examples also "take all moral responsibility from people"?
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    The Hyde Amendment, in its current incarnation, only permits taxpayer funds to go for abortion services in cases of rape or incest, or if the life of the mother is threatened. Would it be morally better, in your view, to go back to the way it was in 1977, when those exceptions were not made?

Many taxpaying citizens consider war to be a great moral wrong - yet war is sanctioned and paid for by their tax dollars. The same is true, probably in greater numbers, with those who oppose capital punishment. I daresay we could probably all find something objectionable in the way some portion of our money is spent. Do those examples also "take all moral responsibility from people"?
    Right I forgot about PP selling organs to help fund abortions.

My argument is get the government out of abortion altogether

Sans the government there'd be no wars to fight.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Bob the Slob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 300x in 251 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not against birth control. It's available over the counter. Handing it out in high school would send the wrong message, here, have sex, almost no consequences, and if by accident, well, then there's abortion.
    Then you'll keep having a high disproportionate amount of Born AGain evangelical high schools girls having children to feed the corporate profit machine of foster care and orphanages that born again evangelicals grab from secular tax dollars under Faith Based money.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 509
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Bob the Slob's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 300x in 251 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The government recognizes a woman having the right to own her own decisions over her reproductive parts. It's like laws being passed that say men can't masturbate because the church says its evil. If it's your church, don't masturbate. But NO religion has a right to stop a woman from controlling her decisions over her body. SHE becomes the one making HER decisions on HER life about HER moral responsibility to each pregnancy.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 2,150
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,270x in 12,392 Posts
    Mentioned
    417 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Right I forgot about PP selling organs to help fund abortions.
    Chris, that is a false spin on the story, as you must surely be aware. The "undercover tape" was edited to remove mention of the fees being charged to reimburse the agency for expenses related to handling and transportation of the tissues to the researchers to whom they were being donated. You can do (and be) better than that.

My argument is get the government out of abortion altogether

Sans the government there'd be no wars to fight.
    Really? Think about it. Consider the legislators who are attempting to close down all or most of the clinics (which provide those services) in their states by creating and applying unduly burdensome, unrealistic regulations to them. Who, then, is trying to "get government out of abortion", and who is attempting to use government to make it as inaccessible as possible?
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Standing Wolf For This Useful Post:

Bob the Slob (01-03-2017),Safety (01-03-2017)

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Chris, that is a false spin on the story, as you must surely be aware. The "undercover tape" was edited to remove mention of the fees being charged to reimburse the agency for expenses related to handling and transportation of the tissues to the researchers to whom they were being donated. You can do (and be) better than that.

Really? Think about it. Consider the legislators who are attempting to close down all or most of the clinics (which provide those services) in their states by creating and applying unduly burdensome, unrealistic regulations to them. Who, then, is trying to "get government out of abortion", and who is attempting to use government to make it as inaccessible as possible?
    The false spin was that PP profit from sales of organs, it doesn't , it's non-profit. It merely funds abortions.

Cut the ad hom, it has no place here.

I didn't claim the government is trying to get out of the abortion issue, I argued it should, both pro and con abortion.

Unsure burden? What about the undue burden on the unborn baby. Equal rights, no?

+ Reply to Thread