User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Gender Gap Near Historic Highs

  1. #1
    Points: 730,866, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Cigar's Avatar Banned
    Karma
    325508
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Wow, what next?
    Posts
    78,900
    Points
    730,866
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    4,088
    Thanked 12,267x in 9,778 Posts
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Cool Gender Gap Near Historic Highs

    If only women voted, President Obama would be on track for a landslide re-election, equaling or exceeding his margin of victory over John McCain in 2008. Mr. Obama would be an overwhelming favorite in Ohio, Florida, Virginia and most every other place that is conventionally considered a swing state. The only question would be whether he could forge ahead into traditionally red states, like Georgia, Montana and Arizona.

    If only men voted, Mr. Obama would be biding his time until a crushing defeat at the hands of Mitt Romney, who might win by a similar margin to the one Ronald Reagan realized over Jimmy Carter in 1980. Only California, Illinois, Hawaii and a few states in the Northeast could be considered safely Democratic. Every other state would lean red, or would at least be a toss-up.

    Although polls disagree on the exact magnitude of the gender gap (and a couple of recent ones seemed to show Mitt Romney eliminating the president’s advantage with women voters), the consensus of surveys points to a large one this year — rivaling the biggest from past elections.

    The gender gap is nothing new in American politics. Since 1972, when exit polling became widespread, men and women split their votes in three elections: 1996, 2000, and 2004. They came close to doing so on several other occasions. In 2008, for example, Mr. Obama won resoundingly among women, beating Mr. McCain by 13 points, but only won by a single point among men.

    See charts in link: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...er=rss&emc=rss

  2. #2
    Original Ranter
    V.I.P
    Points: 408,253, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    402756
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    127,761
    Points
    408,253
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    73,499
    Thanked 53,725x in 37,210 Posts
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Women tend to be more agreeable to a paternalistic government managing life from cradle to grave, than men. It is certainly an argument against the 19th Amendment.

  3. #3
    Points: 730,866, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Cigar's Avatar Banned
    Karma
    325508
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Wow, what next?
    Posts
    78,900
    Points
    730,866
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    4,088
    Thanked 12,267x in 9,778 Posts
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Women tend to be more agreeable to a paternalistic government managing life from cradle to grave, than men. It is certainly an argument against the 19th Amendment.


    Some of them have better bodies also ... some of them, not most of them

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cigar For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (10-22-2012)

  5. #4
    Points: 684, Level: 5
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points
    pollycy's Avatar Junior Member
    Karma
    260
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    47
    Points
    684
    Level
    5
    Thanks Given
    10
    Thanked 44x in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigar View Post
    If only women voted, President Obama would be on track for a landslide re-election, equaling or exceeding his margin of victory over John McCain in 2008. Mr. Obama would be an overwhelming favorite in Ohio, Florida, Virginia and most every other place that is conventionally considered a swing state. The only question would be whether he could forge ahead into traditionally red states, like Georgia, Montana and Arizona.

    If only men voted, Mr. Obama would be biding his time until a crushing defeat at the hands of Mitt Romney, who might win by a similar margin to the one Ronald Reagan realized over Jimmy Carter in 1980. Only California, Illinois, Hawaii and a few states in the Northeast could be considered safely Democratic. Every other state would lean red, or would at least be a toss-up.

    Although polls disagree on the exact magnitude of the gender gap (and a couple of recent ones seemed to show Mitt Romney eliminating the president’s advantage with women voters), the consensus of surveys points to a large one this year — rivaling the biggest from past elections.

    The gender gap is nothing new in American politics. Since 1972, when exit polling became widespread, men and women split their votes in three elections: 1996, 2000, and 2004. They came close to doing so on several other occasions. In 2008, for example, Mr. Obama won resoundingly among women, beating Mr. McCain by 13 points, but only won by a single point among men.

    See charts in link: http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...er=rss&emc=rss
    This really stumps me, because "women" are no more (or less) stupid (as a group) than men. Obama is an negligent, incompetent moron, and I don't need to have a pair of testicles to know this. But then (if it is true) what is there about being equipped with ovaries that blinds so many women to being able to see right through this jive-ass clown?

    Some of the smartest people I have known in my entire life have been women -- and I'm fortunate to be married to one of the very most intelligent women I've ever met. My wife is completely revolted and disgusted by Obama... hell, she formed a negative opinion of him even before I did -- early in 2008.

    But, take your "average" guy, and your "average" gal in America. Why would so many more women prefer Obama over Romney? Try as hard as I may, I just cannot fathom this in anything based in either logic or reason. Can anyone else?
    It's over. Prepare for the worst and you won't be far wrong. By about the end of Q2, 2013, it will be starkly clear that we have been permanently ruined.

  6. #5
    Points: 684, Level: 5
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered500 Experience Points
    pollycy's Avatar Junior Member
    Karma
    260
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    47
    Points
    684
    Level
    5
    Thanks Given
    10
    Thanked 44x in 26 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pollycy View Post
    This really stumps me, because "women" are no more (or less) stupid (as a group) than men. Obama is an negligent, incompetent moron, and I don't need to have a pair of testicles to know this. But then (if it is true) what is there about being equipped with ovaries that blinds so many women to being able to see right through this jive-ass clown?

    Some of the smartest people I have known in my entire life have been women -- and I'm fortunate to be married to one of the very most intelligent women I've ever met. My wife is completely revolted and disgusted by Obama... hell, she formed a negative opinion of him even before I did -- early in 2008.

    But, take your "average" guy, and your "average" gal in America. Why would so many more women prefer Obama over Romney? Try as hard as I may, I just cannot fathom this in anything based in either logic or reason. Can anyone else?
    As I re-read my post in the hindsight view from November 10th, I still ask the same question: Why would so many more women prefer Obama over Romney (or anyone else with more than a notochord for a brain)?

    It's no longer a matter of blaming Obama -- the fault is OURS. What has happened to us, the American people, that we have become so easily manipulated by this public-relations creation, this THING, that the Insiders successfully installed in the White House? If nothing else, I thought that because so many women now have to be the primary wage-earners for their families, they'd abandon the jive-ass nothingness of Obama and his rotten record in office and ally themselves with a successful businessperson who knows economics and the processes of government very well. I really thought that most American women had more sense than this... especially after all we've been through since back in the final miserable Bush years, all the way through Comrade Obama's first four years. Now, we are RUINED....
    It's over. Prepare for the worst and you won't be far wrong. By about the end of Q2, 2013, it will be starkly clear that we have been permanently ruined.

  7. #6
    Points: 25,712, Level: 39
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Kabuki Joe's Avatar Banned
    Karma
    5035
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,321
    Points
    25,712
    Level
    39
    Thanks Given
    2,015
    Thanked 758x in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pollycy View Post
    This really stumps me, because "women" are no more (or less) stupid (as a group) than men. Obama is an negligent, incompetent moron, and I don't need to have a pair of testicles to know this. But then (if it is true) what is there about being equipped with ovaries that blinds so many women to being able to see right through this jive-ass clown?

    Some of the smartest people I have known in my entire life have been women -- and I'm fortunate to be married to one of the very most intelligent women I've ever met. My wife is completely revolted and disgusted by Obama... hell, she formed a negative opinion of him even before I did -- early in 2008.

    But, take your "average" guy, and your "average" gal in America. Why would so many more women prefer Obama over Romney? Try as hard as I may, I just cannot fathom this in anything based in either logic or reason. Can anyone else?
    ...when men see freaks we say "ewwwwwwww"...when women see freaks they say "awwwwwwwwwh"...


    Kabuki Joe

  8. #7
    Points: 11,465, Level: 25
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    truthmatters's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    -689
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    4,478
    Points
    11,465
    Level
    25
    Thanks Given
    324
    Thanked 125x in 113 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because there are fewer women who are sociopaths than men

  9. #8
    Original Ranter
    V.I.P
    Points: 408,253, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    402756
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    127,761
    Points
    408,253
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    73,499
    Thanked 53,725x in 37,210 Posts
    Mentioned
    2032 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pollycy View Post
    As I re-read my post in the hindsight view from November 10th, I still ask the same question: Why would so many more women prefer Obama over Romney (or anyone else with more than a notochord for a brain)?

    It's no longer a matter of blaming Obama -- the fault is OURS. What has happened to us, the American people, that we have become so easily manipulated by this public-relations creation, this THING, that the Insiders successfully installed in the White House? If nothing else, I thought that because so many women now have to be the primary wage-earners for their families, they'd abandon the jive-ass nothingness of Obama and his rotten record in office and ally themselves with a successful businessperson who knows economics and the processes of government very well. I really thought that most American women had more sense than this... especially after all we've been through since back in the final miserable Bush years, all the way through Comrade Obama's first four years. Now, we are RUINED....
    Most democrats are single issue voters based on identity politics. Many women believed that Romney wanted to rape them and not pay for their abortions. Obama ran a negative campaign.

  10. #9
    Points: 13,095, Level: 27
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 455
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Taxcutter's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    923
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    770
    Points
    13,095
    Level
    27
    Thanks Given
    2
    Thanked 200x in 140 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this not make women complicit in Hussein Obama's atrocities?

  11. #10
    V.I.P
    Points: 359,926, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    384307
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    122,620
    Points
    359,926
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    11,175
    Thanked 31,872x in 23,864 Posts
    Mentioned
    1463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The OP's premise is BS. The statistical abstraction is at a level all but meaningless.

    From @ Why Demographics Can't Fully Predict How People Vote
    ...From the large sample interviewed by the major media's exit polling consortium, we can see that simple demography can make some very strong predictions. At the extreme, with just two data points—race and gender—we can guess how a person voted 96 percent of the time, if she's a black woman.



    But that doesn't tell us why people voted the way they did....

    In real life, even with people we don't know personally, the cues we get from interactions and behavior explain more than simple demographics, although they all go into the quick mix of judgments we are forced to form on short notice throughout the day. In statistical terms, the basic demographic variables leave a lot of variance unexplained....

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO