User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Job Search, Continued...

  1. #31
    Points: 64,137, Level: 61
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    151323
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Arcadia Fl
    Posts
    23,237
    Points
    64,137
    Level
    61
    Thanks Given
    18,021
    Thanked 7,304x in 5,652 Posts
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You go boris ! that 4 ft whip is still an option !
    I'll always be there to catch you when you fall.

    With love - The Floor!





  2. #32
    Points: 64,499, Level: 62
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 2,051
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Common Sense's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    926788
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    30,454
    Points
    64,499
    Level
    62
    Thanks Given
    11,705
    Thanked 11,709x in 8,213 Posts
    Mentioned
    418 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resister View Post
    You go boris ! that 4 ft whip is still an option !
    That's a phrase you don't hear very often.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Common Sense For This Useful Post:

    resister (01-15-2017)

  4. #33
    Points: 9,868, Level: 23
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Boris The Animal's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    19561
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    West End Of The Erie Canal
    Posts
    2,279
    Points
    9,868
    Level
    23
    Thanks Given
    414
    Thanked 689x in 508 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: My auto mechanic is also a licensed CDL-B driver/instructor. He has a small fleet of school buses that his church utilizes and he is able to work with me for my upcoming NYS road test for my B license on March 14. After that, I will forward all my current info plus a refreshed application and will await the call. Since I would be based out of Buffalo, I will be working as a New York Trailways operator and my training will be based in Rochester, rather than Kingston as originally thought with occasional overnighters in Syracuse since my NYT instructor lives in the Syracuse area. The other thing I have to do is pass my 19A DOT physical and I have been making several lifestyle changes on that front as well. Being a Type-2 non-insulin dependent diabetic, I have to be extra careful with weight management and diet. My interim job has me working as a stocker with a local plumbing supply house and it's been keeping me very active. So far to date, I've lost 18 pounds in the past month
    Last edited by Boris The Animal; 02-02-2017 at 09:19 PM.
    IT'S JUST BORIS!





  5. #34
    Points: 64,137, Level: 61
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 313
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    151323
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Arcadia Fl
    Posts
    23,237
    Points
    64,137
    Level
    61
    Thanks Given
    18,021
    Thanked 7,304x in 5,652 Posts
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris The Animal View Post
    UPDATE: My auto mechanic is also a licensed CDL-B driver/instructor. He has a small fleet of school buses that his church utilizes and he is able to work with me for my upcoming NYS road test for my B license on March 14. After that, I will forward all my current info plus a refreshed application and will await the call. Since I would be based out of Buffalo, I will be working as a New York Trailways operator and my training will be based in Rochester, rather than Kingston as originally thought with occasional overnighters in Syracuse since my NYT instructor lives in the Syracuse area.
    Cool, resister has you in thoughts and prayers!
    I'll always be there to catch you when you fall.

    With love - The Floor!





  6. #35
    Points: 9,868, Level: 23
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Boris The Animal's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    19561
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    West End Of The Erie Canal
    Posts
    2,279
    Points
    9,868
    Level
    23
    Thanks Given
    414
    Thanked 689x in 508 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Major update!!!!

    This whole process has been rife with twists and turns. I went to the DMV after work today to submit my DOT medical certificate because I was going to need that for my CLD-B road test, but I got an unexpected surprise!! I was able to REGAIN my CDL-A with passenger (P) endorsement. So now I can get info to Trailways a month earlier than I expected!
    IT'S JUST BORIS!





  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boris The Animal For This Useful Post:

    Dr. Who (02-23-2017),Peter1469 (02-23-2017),resister (02-23-2017)

  8. #36
    Points: 9,868, Level: 23
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Boris The Animal's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    19561
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    West End Of The Erie Canal
    Posts
    2,279
    Points
    9,868
    Level
    23
    Thanks Given
    414
    Thanked 689x in 508 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: It turns out there was one other minute detail that was overlooked. Article 19A of the New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law pertains to bus driver regulations, who is eligible, etc. And this had been a major concern of mine because of my run in with the criminal justice system back in 1996-1997. So I consulted with a couple of attorneys and contacted the NYS Department of Education and the 19-A Bus Driver Certification Unit of the Department of Motor Vehicles. They all said the same thing: that because my conviction was so old and not even on the list of disqualifiable offenses in the actual text of the law, it doesn't even pass the smell test in terms of denying my 19-A clearance. Plus another question was answered by one of the attorneys. I tried to get in to First Student (then Laidlaw) back in 2006 but was disqualified then. Reason was that my conviction was less than 10 years old at that time. Now, it doesn't matter because again, it is so old and I've had nothing since then. So instead of going with my mechanic, we agreed the best way was for me to get linked up with a school bus company (First Student) and get my passenger endorsement as well as my 19-A clearance through them. Afterwards, I will contact Trailways and start with their driver training hoping to be on the Buffalo or Rochester board by July.
    IT'S JUST BORIS!





  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Boris The Animal For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (04-19-2017)

  10. #37
    Points: 97,320, Level: 75
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 46.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    856081
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    40,397
    Points
    97,320
    Level
    75
    Thanks Given
    22,162
    Thanked 19,337x in 13,229 Posts
    Mentioned
    1129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris The Animal View Post
    UPDATE: It turns out there was one other minute detail that was overlooked. Article 19A of the New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law pertains to bus driver regulations, who is eligible, etc. And this had been a major concern of mine because of my run in with the criminal justice system back in 1996-1997. So I consulted with a couple of attorneys and contacted the NYS Department of Education and the 19-A Bus Driver Certification Unit of the Department of Motor Vehicles. They all said the same thing: that because my conviction was so old and not even on the list of disqualifiable offenses in the actual text of the law, it doesn't even pass the smell test in terms of denying my 19-A clearance. Plus another question was answered by one of the attorneys. I tried to get in to First Student (then Laidlaw) back in 2006 but was disqualified then. Reason was that my conviction was less than 10 years old at that time. Now, it doesn't matter because again, it is so old and I've had nothing since then. So instead of going with my mechanic, we agreed the best way was for me to get linked up with a school bus company (First Student) and get my passenger endorsement as well as my 19-A clearance through them. Afterwards, I will contact Trailways and start with their driver training hoping to be on the Buffalo or Rochester board by July.
    I wish you the best of luck Boris. I know that this means a lot to you and your family.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

    resister (04-18-2017)

  12. #38
    Original Ranter
    Points: 426,625, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 98.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    405339
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    132,121
    Points
    426,625
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    76,104
    Thanked 56,308x in 38,931 Posts
    Mentioned
    2079 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck buddy.
    Alea iacta est

    Check out the blog.


  13. #39
    Points: 9,868, Level: 23
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience Points
    Boris The Animal's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    19561
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    West End Of The Erie Canal
    Posts
    2,279
    Points
    9,868
    Level
    23
    Thanks Given
    414
    Thanked 689x in 508 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided to withdraw my application with Trailways at this time. The executive VP for New York Trailways isn't hiring anyone for his terminals right now (Buffalo-Rochester-Syracuse) and he wants me to get some wheel time in. Meanwhile, I just finished, rather successfully, a three week training course with First Student (yeah I know, cheese wagon) and they want a year out of me or I repay up to $3K for the training. Now for each month worked, they knock off $250, so that by this time next year, I won't have a financial commitment should I decide to jump ship. However, if New York Trailways does another round of hiring earlier next year, then I will have a much smaller bill to pay off. So this will benefit everyone involved.
    IT'S JUST BORIS!





+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO