User Tag List

Thread: Not Optimal Now Blames Intelligence Community for Lies on Benghazi

Threaded View

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,120
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Deadwood's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,752x in 1,198 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not Optimal Now Blames Intelligence Community for Lies on Benghazi

Never one to step up and say "entirely my fault", the White House, according to the New York Times, is putting the onus on the CIA.

WASHINGTON — Even as Susan E. Rice took to the Sunday talk shows last month to describe the Obama administration’s assessment of the Sept. 11 attack on the American diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, intelligence analysts suspected that the explanation was outdated.Ms. Rice, the United States ambassador to the United Nations, has said that the judgments she offered on the five talk shows on Sept. 16 came from talking points prepared by the C.I.A., which reckoned that the attack that killed Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans had resulted from a spontaneous mob that was angry about an anti-Islamic video that had set off protests elsewhere. That assessment, described to Ms. Rice in briefings the day before her television appearances, was based on intercepted communications, informants’ tips and Libyan press reports, officials said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/22/us...=MYWAY&ei=5065

First Hillary threw herself under the bus, now Ms. Rice. This guy hides behind women.

My question?

Why was the intel so $#@!ing bad?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadwood For This Useful Post:

waltky (10-24-2012)