http://news.yahoo.com/accuweather-fo...bouchon=602,il

(Reuters) - Private forecaster Accuweather.com said on Wednesday that heavy snow and extreme cold should be expected in the north central United States, especially in the Chicago area, in the coming winter.

The East Coast faces average to slightly above average snowfall during the winter of 2011-2012 as a Pacific La Nina again drives weather patterns across the United States.

"People in Chicago are going to want to move after this winter," Accuweather Long-Range Meteorologist Josh Nagelberg said in a statement.

Accuweather's forecast projects Chicago will again be hit by extreme cold weather and several blizzards, as it endured last winter when more than 50 inches fell on the city including a single storm that dropped 20 inches.

Severe cold and heavy snow should expected from the Great Lakes across the Midwest and northern plains states, according to Accuweather.

La Nina, the name for a recurring phenomenon when sea surface temperatures across the central and eastern Pacific Ocean are below normal, will fuel weather across North America, including a persistent flow of tropical moisture that brings heavy rains to the West Coast called the "Pineapple Express.".....snip~

Yeah.....last winter sucked. Big time snow. There was no place to put the stuff. So we built snow walls all around our grass and blocking areas where the wind could blow thru the property.

Ya would think we would not get hit so bad. Same with the cold weather. The Upper East Coast may get hit with snow. But I don't see them sporting Minus 30 to 40 degree weather. The Wind is what gets ya.

Must be serious as they are already predicting this. I hate Winter with a passion! When my check out time comes.....I already plan to make a stop and visit ole man winter. Then I am going to put my foot right up into his azz. If we dont have physical bodies. Then thought power will put a strange feeling on what he thought was his azz. >

Course Southern Californification won't even have to worry about it. > Nor the Southwest right down by the border of Arizona and New Mexico. Theres a spot there where it rarely get under 65 in the middle of the night and all year long. Course in the day time it is hot. I like it hot.....if it gets to hot can always jump into a pool of water. 8) Cant same the same for when it is Minus 20 or worse.