User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winter is going to Suck for Chicago and the North Central States this Year.....

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter is going to Suck for Chicago and the North Central States this Year.....

http://news.yahoo.com/accuweather-fo...bouchon=602,il

(Reuters) - Private forecaster Accuweather.com said on Wednesday that heavy snow and extreme cold should be expected in the north central United States, especially in the Chicago area, in the coming winter.

The East Coast faces average to slightly above average snowfall during the winter of 2011-2012 as a Pacific La Nina again drives weather patterns across the United States.

"People in Chicago are going to want to move after this winter," Accuweather Long-Range Meteorologist Josh Nagelberg said in a statement.

Accuweather's forecast projects Chicago will again be hit by extreme cold weather and several blizzards, as it endured last winter when more than 50 inches fell on the city including a single storm that dropped 20 inches.

Severe cold and heavy snow should expected from the Great Lakes across the Midwest and northern plains states, according to Accuweather.

La Nina, the name for a recurring phenomenon when sea surface temperatures across the central and eastern Pacific Ocean are below normal, will fuel weather across North America, including a persistent flow of tropical moisture that brings heavy rains to the West Coast called the "Pineapple Express.".....snip~

Yeah.....last winter sucked. Big time snow. There was no place to put the stuff. So we built snow walls all around our grass and blocking areas where the wind could blow thru the property.

Ya would think we would not get hit so bad. Same with the cold weather. The Upper East Coast may get hit with snow. But I don't see them sporting Minus 30 to 40 degree weather. The Wind is what gets ya.

Must be serious as they are already predicting this. I hate Winter with a passion! When my check out time comes.....I already plan to make a stop and visit ole man winter. Then I am going to put my foot right up into his azz. If we dont have physical bodies. Then thought power will put a strange feeling on what he thought was his azz. >

Course Southern Californification won't even have to worry about it. > Nor the Southwest right down by the border of Arizona and New Mexico. Theres a spot there where it rarely get under 65 in the middle of the night and all year long. Course in the day time it is hot. I like it hot.....if it gets to hot can always jump into a pool of water. 8) Cant same the same for when it is Minus 20 or worse.

History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,474x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Winter is going to Suck for Chicago and the North Central States this Year.....

The East Coast faces average to slightly above average snowfall during the winter of 2011-2012 as a Pacific La Nina again drives weather patterns across the United States.
    That's not good news. I was still in my apartment but owned the house I'm in now. It's a good 2.5 miles from my old place so when last year's blizzard hit I couldn't get over there until it was all over. I was there for about an hour before I just gave up.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Winter is going to Suck for Chicago and the North Central States this Year.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    That's not good news. I was still in my apartment but owned the house I'm in now. It's a good 2.5 miles from my old place so when last year's blizzard hit I couldn't get over there until it was all over. I was there for about an hour before I just gave up.
    Hopefully you guys wont get hit so bad. Funny thing all last year I worked every day and did not miss one. Not even when we got the 22 inches last year. Well I missed a couple but my kids went in for me. So technically we did not miss.

It was so bad we even had to shovel out a spot for the dog to take a dump. She went to jump into the snow and got buried. She is a little dog, Plus now she is an old little dog. So it was tuff on her. She hates the cold here to and she is a dog. Thats how bad it sucks round here in the winter. When wildlife goes all missing. You know its bad.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

"People in Chicago are going to want to move after this winter," Accuweather Long-Range Meteorologist Josh Nagelberg said in a statement.

Well, I am sorry to read this my East Coast and Midwest bruthas. Now that I think about it all of you are in those territories, eh? MMC/D/Cap'n/LoVE/Spunk. I will carry on the fight for justice if I lose y'all!

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just cuz D and I will lose our tans....for like 6 months doesnt mean we have to give up our Plus we don't have to miss being out of our beds. :

Heya D.....I say we get a few snowballs and sling them at our brutha here.....just so he can experience the feeling.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Orrrr, if it bothers ya that much, quit yer $#@!in and just move on out here to sunny Southern California. We have newspapers here too ;D And you can cheer for Phyllis Rivers instead of Custard! Course the team will still suck. But besides, that it's Win-win.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Conlette View Post

Well, I am sorry to read this my East Coast and Midwest bruthas. Now that I think about it all of you are in those territories, eh? MMC/D/Cap'n/LoVE/Spunk. I will carry on the fight for justice if I lose y'all!
    Tea for one. :'(
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just me and a few drop by libs.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Occasional psychos too apparently.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Occasional psychos too apparently.
    They don't call them 's for Nothing! O0 >

+ Reply to Thread