jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,410x in 3,072 Posts
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know you're getting old when stars from your childhood pass. RIP Margot.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 1,374
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocialVeteran
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 13,118x in 10,207 Posts
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waltky View Post
    Uncle Ferd awful sad - he had a big ol' crush on her back inna day...

Lois Lane actress Margot Kidder dies aged 69

Kidder also suffered from mental health problems
    14 May`18 - Actress Margot Kidder, best known for her role as Lois Lane in Superman, has died aged 69.
    I liked to look at her. I had no idea she had a broken brain. And she was a Democrat. (I wonder if there is a connection?)
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

waltky (Yesterday)

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 606
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsSocial
    waltky's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,837x in 1,399 Posts
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

'Good Morning, Vietnam' DJ and Air Force Veteran Adrian Cronauer Dies at 79...

'Good Morning, Vietnam' DJ and Air Force Veteran Adrian Cronauer Dies at 79

19 Jul 2018 - "If I did half the things [Robin Williams] did in that movie, I'd still be in Leavenworth," Cronauer once said.
    Many things in Robin Williams' portrayal of DJ Adrian Cronauer in "Good Morning, Vietnam" weren't really based on Cronauer. But that drawn-out "goooooood morning, Vietnam" was all Cronauer. Cronauer, the Air Force veteran played by Robin Williams in the 1987 movie, died Wednesday. He was 79. The 1987 movie, which Cronauer co-wrote, was loosely based on his life as an Armed Forces Network disc jockey for a year in Vietnam. But, as he said, it is a movie and Williams' frenzied performance was not him.

"If I did half the things he did in that movie, I'd still be in Leavenworth and not England," Cronauer told Stars and Stripes during a stop at RAF Mildenhall in 2004. "No, I was not thrown out of Vietnam," he said. "I did not have, as far as I knew, any friends who were Viet Cong."

Adrian Cronauer, famed Vietnam-era Air Force disc jockey, with white beard, celebrates during the U.S. Air Force Memorial's the 10th anniversary during a ceremony in Arlington, Va., Oct. 14, 2016.

After serving in the Air Force, he owned an ad agency, managed a radio station, was an anchorman and program director in TV news, and was a voice actor for TV and radio commercials, according to his obituary. Later in life, he was special assistant to the director of the prisoners of war/missing in action office in the Pentagon, raising awareness of the effort to account for America's missing. He lived in Troutville, Va.

His family asks that, in lieu of flowers, mourners make contributions to a veteran's organization of their choice.

https://www.military.com/off-duty/20...r-dies-79.html

5. The Following User Says Thank You to waltky For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (Yesterday)

+ Reply to Thread