Beevee's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,826x in 1,454 Posts
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all. This has been a very pleasant read. Quite funny and witty too.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 470
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ripmeister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,535x in 2,870 Posts
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    People are sheep. Not all of them, too many of them. The moron majority, they're the reason why we had to choose between Trump and Rodham. They're the reason why we sat back and watched our debt skyrocket to the level that our children and theirs will be paying for an establishment's short-term political agenda. They're the reason why we are no longer a free country founded on liberty because Facebook and SUV's trump freedom and liberty. They are the reason why we are a socially and racially divided nation because the establishment thrives on conflict. Without it, why would the sheep need them?

Socks. You can't buy an honest pair of socks anymore. Because people are sheep, they'll settle for whatever garbage is shoved in their faces and they'll say "greatest socks ever" and they suck. Because people are idiots, they see these Hollywood movies where everything is great, everyone has a happy ending, the good guy always wins and they fabricate that concept into their lives no matter what's actually going on in them.

So I order socks, cotton over-the-calf socks. Simple enough. I read the reviews on Amazon. "Great socks", "Fit great", and so on. They arrive. They only go up halfway. Remember when "over-the-calf" meant over-the-calf? Ergo, they come up over the calf? Not anymore, over-the-calf means "halfway up". I go back and re-read those reviews... morons.

Back they go, I refuse to settle for some capitalist $#@!'s version of shorting me so some uber-wealthy $#@! can make another quarter. And they make that extra quarter because idiot sheep settle for whatever is shoved in their faces.

So I order socks from another site. Same thing, halfway up. Back they go. So now I order socks from some specialty outfit. All cotton, advertised as over-the-calf. Twelve bucks a pair. That's what it comes to, where I used to be able to pick up a sack of socks for ten bucks that fit, were made of cotton and not tree bark and they fit, nope - not anymore. Hooray for capitalism.

This concept extends to almost every aspect of our society and the reason it sucks. Sheep are content to chew the grass even though it's been trampled and pissed on. It's why our elected representatives are $#@!s, it's why our socks suck, it's why our food is poison, it's why we're having "America is great" shoved down our throats while someone's junk is in our posterior.

All with a collective smile on our collective face.
    I would encourage you to buy local.
    One can be sure that he who says he knows knows nothing

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I found socks finally, fwiw.

Dan Post socks. Black, mostly cotton, go up to the knee and room for more. Good weight, sturdy, not tight and they stay up, all day long.

Twelve bucks a pair but I didn't mind paying it for a half dozen pair, so far they're great.
    my junk is ugly

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Newpublius's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,123x in 2,793 Posts
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    We're overly dependent on government. It's like communist Russia, tons of shoes that fit no one, or, in this case, socks.
    Sock City China exists just east of Sweater Town (sounds like I'm joking but I'm not!)

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 395
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Newpublius's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,123x in 2,793 Posts
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found socks finally, fwiw.

Dan Post socks. Black, mostly cotton, go up to the knee and room for more. Good weight, sturdy, not tight and they stay up, all day long.

Twelve bucks a pair but I didn't mind paying it for a half dozen pair, so far they're great.
    I went from living with my parents to living with my wife so really most products, I really wouldn't know where my wife is getting them. Birthday (July), Christmas, sock fairy comes, my holey socks get replaced.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 3,930
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,650x in 14,860 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are sheep. Not all of them, too many of them. The moron majority, they're the reason why we had to choose between Trump and Rodham. They're the reason why we sat back and watched our debt skyrocket to the level that our children and theirs will be paying for an establishment's short-term political agenda. They're the reason why we are no longer a free country founded on liberty because Facebook and SUV's trump freedom and liberty. They are the reason why we are a socially and racially divided nation because the establishment thrives on conflict. Without it, why would the sheep need them?

Socks. You can't buy an honest pair of socks anymore. Because people are sheep, they'll settle for whatever garbage is shoved in their faces and they'll say "greatest socks ever" and they suck. Because people are idiots, they see these Hollywood movies where everything is great, everyone has a happy ending, the good guy always wins and they fabricate that concept into their lives no matter what's actually going on in them.

So I order socks, cotton over-the-calf socks. Simple enough. I read the reviews on Amazon. "Great socks", "Fit great", and so on. They arrive. They only go up halfway. Remember when "over-the-calf" meant over-the-calf? Ergo, they come up over the calf? Not anymore, over-the-calf means "halfway up". I go back and re-read those reviews... morons.

Back they go, I refuse to settle for some capitalist $#@!'s version of shorting me so some uber-wealthy $#@! can make another quarter. And they make that extra quarter because idiot sheep settle for whatever is shoved in their faces.

So I order socks from another site. Same thing, halfway up. Back they go. So now I order socks from some specialty outfit. All cotton, advertised as over-the-calf. Twelve bucks a pair. That's what it comes to, where I used to be able to pick up a sack of socks for ten bucks that fit, were made of cotton and not tree bark and they fit, nope - not anymore. Hooray for capitalism.

This concept extends to almost every aspect of our society and the reason it sucks. Sheep are content to chew the grass even though it's been trampled and pissed on. It's why our elected representatives are $#@!s, it's why our socks suck, it's why our food is poison, it's why we're having "America is great" shoved down our throats while someone's junk is in our posterior.

All with a collective smile on our collective face.

Your first paragraph is dead on. In addition I would add that we now have entittled little sheep trying to live beyond their means. Although since I'm a "white sock sort" when not working I have little trouble purchasing good socks.

+ Reply to Thread