Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 11,044x in 8,057 Posts
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

America Made Great

DeploraBall was epic. Protesters yelling 'Nazi Lovers' on the way in....I should say, that's the nicest term I heard from the crowd, the other profanity, extreme language, hysterical blatherings I heard cannot be repeated in public and I wouldn't give them a platform on my posts. Remarks directed at the women at this Ball by male protestors where meant to be offensive, didn't affect the night, got some great pictures

Our Trump flag and Trump hats resulted in plenty of reactions. Most wanted to share pics, we had some vile language directed at us as well, but y'll know your Uncle Ransom often wears such criticism like a badge of honor. Witnessed the protests off F street after Lunch at Bobby Vans Steakhouse.

I did think about my tpf friends. Thought about how I had just went through a campaign of grief coming from Observers here. That Donald Trump said this about women and said that about Muslims...and some Observers here on this forum acted all offended, just were "outraged" and just so bent up over such locker room talk from Trump. Those using obscenities Thursday and Friday no doubt just as offended by Trump.....and they talk with a mouth you wouldn't kiss your mother with.

Reiterated my learned lesson that many folk.....including many Observers to this thread...pretend to be outraged, fake being offended....it's about a political agenda, not their sense of what is right or wrong.
    People who enter the US without our permission are illegal aliens and illegal aliens should not be treated the same as people who entered the US legally

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (01-21-2017),NapRover (01-22-2017),resister (01-21-2017)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 84,066x in 56,592 Posts
    Mentioned
    2258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you had a good time.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Ransom (01-22-2017)

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 2,588
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    Dr. Who's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,908x in 3,353 Posts
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    DeploraBall was epic. Protesters yelling 'Nazi Lovers' on the way in....I should say, that's the nicest term I heard from the crowd, the other profanity, extreme language, hysterical blatherings I heard cannot be repeated in public and I wouldn't give them a platform on my posts. Remarks directed at the women at this Ball by male protestors where meant to be offensive, didn't affect the night, got some great pictures

Our Trump flag and Trump hats resulted in plenty of reactions. Most wanted to share pics, we had some vile language directed at us as well, but y'll know your Uncle Ransom often wears such criticism like a badge of honor. Witnessed the protests off F street after Lunch at Bobby Vans Steakhouse.

I did think about my tpf friends. Thought about how I had just went through a campaign of grief coming from Observers here. That Donald Trump said this about women and said that about Muslims...and some Observers here on this forum acted all offended, just were "outraged" and just so bent up over such locker room talk from Trump. Those using obscenities Thursday and Friday no doubt just as offended by Trump.....and they talk with a mouth you wouldn't kiss your mother with.

Reiterated my learned lesson that many folk.....including many Observers to this thread...pretend to be outraged, fake being offended....it's about a political agenda, not their sense of what is right or wrong.
    Protesters were not running for President. There is a difference. Who cares if Joe Blow makes misogynistic statements if he has no power to change one's life? Who cares if Jane Doe has the vocabulary of a stevedore? Her vulgarity has no national effect.

People do care when it comes from the mouth of the man who was a candidate for President and has become the effective leader of the first world. Trump needs to reach out to all of those people that he alienated with his election rhetoric and apologize for those statements that have given the impression that he is a human anachronism - a throwback to a time when women and minorities had to fight to receive the same rights as the white male has enjoyed. If he doesn't mend these fences, he will be reviled, unlike any President in history. People will go out of their way to stack Congress and the Senate against him - in fact, they will go out of their way to stack every level of government against him. Those people who perhaps didn't vote in the national election will vote to neutralize Donald Trump. Movements are underway. Those massive protests of women and even men were not seen under Obama. In fact, I don't remember seeing such protests under any other Presidency.

Trump may well be a catalyst for change, but if that change is to be constructive and not just reactive and destructive, he will have to make amends and he needs to do it sooner than later. Sadly, the only thing that Trump has commented on is not the millions protesting, but that the media has suggested that the crowds at his inauguration was smaller than at Obama's. Once again, it's only about his ego. Any other President would have issued words of assurance to the protesters and ignored such a petty issue as fans at the inauguration. He is President now and yet he is still telegraphing his own insecurity about his popularity.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

Safety (01-21-2017)

Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    exotix's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 8,837x in 7,157 Posts
    Mentioned
    929 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do they do at DeploraBalls ? ... run around trying to out-deplorable the other deplorable ? ... LOL
    'How and Why ?' ~ Einstein

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 84,066x in 56,592 Posts
    Mentioned
    2258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exotix View Post
    What do they do at DeploraBalls ? ... run around trying to out-deplorable the other deplorable ? ... LOL
    That statement by Hillary was likely the largest factor in her poor electoral college showing.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Please visit my blog http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/peter/
    (If a post link does not work, see the archives- it should work there.)

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 2,319
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,788x in 7,878 Posts
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should have gone to the inauguration Uncle Ransom.

He could have used one more warm body when Obama outnumbered him in '09 by quadruple and Women's March today nailed him by 20x.

Sad you wasted your time like that!
    Fascism begins with a central argument that the world is broken .. everything is a mess -Unknown

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 2,319
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveRecommendation Second ClassVeteran
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,788x in 7,878 Posts
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exotix View Post
    Sniff one another's butts and compare swastika tats

Fascism begins with a central argument that the world is broken .. everything is a mess -Unknown

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bo-4 For This Useful Post:

Bethere (01-22-2017),exotix (01-21-2017)

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 2,429
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    You should have gone to the inauguration Uncle Ransom.

He could have used one more warm body when Obama outnumbered him in '09 by quadruple and Women's March today nailed him by 20x.

Sad you wasted your time like that!
    I did go to the Inaug, Bo. Blue tickets. Witnessed the swearing in.....a great speech from President Trump. Then watched the last scenes of Obama leaving. Security was too tight. Checkpoints to both get onto the ticketed areas, even general viewing on the mall. An the parade route....requited an entirely different checkpoint. We dined at Bobby Vans and then cut down to Pennsylvania....saw the President albeit from afar.

Great day. Great country.
    People who enter the US without our permission are illegal aliens and illegal aliens should not be treated the same as people who entered the US legally

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

FindersKeepers (01-22-2017),MisterVeritis (01-22-2017)

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 2,429
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did go to the Inaug, Bo. Blue tickets. Witnessed the swearing in.....a great speech from President Trump. Then watched the last scenes of Obama leaving. Security was too tight. Checkpoints to both get onto the ticketed areas, even general viewing on the mall. And the parade route....required an entirely different checkpoint. We dined at Bobby Vans and then cut down to Pennsylvania....saw the President albeit from afar.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ransom For This Useful Post:

resister (01-22-2017)

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,957x in 6,167 Posts
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did go to the Inaug, Bo. Blue tickets. Witnessed the swearing in.....a great speech from President Trump. Then watched the last scenes of Obama leaving. Security was too tight. Checkpoints to both get onto the ticketed areas, even general viewing on the mall. An the parade route....requited an entirely different checkpoint. We dined at Bobby Vans and then cut down to Pennsylvania....saw the President albeit from afar.

I caught clips of the day later. I find it hard to sit still through long stretches watching the telly so I looked for the highlights afterward.

I thought the exchange on the steps between the Obamas and the Trumps was nice. Loved Melania's outfit, very Jackie O. And Michelle looked very classy, too. I wonder what was in that Tiffany's box?

I thought all parties acted with class and hope that sets the stage for the weeks and months to come.
    "What happens is of little significance compared with the stories we tell ourselves about what happens. Events matter little, only stories of events
    affect us.”

~Rabih Alameddin

+ Reply to Thread