User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama's Claims Missing some Evidence.....Fact Check!

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obama's Claims Missing some Evidence.....Fact Check!

http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-oba...201911584.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — Are President Barack Obama's ideas for job creation really bipartisan as he claims? Not when the means for paying for them are put in the equation.

The president dodged various facts and and left some evidence in the dust in his latest challenge to Republicans to get behind his jobs program or offer a real alternative.

OBAMA: "Every idea that we've put forward are ones that traditionally have been supported by Democrats and Republicans alike."

In claiming bipartisan support for the components of his proposal, the president appears to be referring just to what the plan would do, not how it's paid for, but that's a crucial distinction he doesn't make.

OBAMA: "We can either keep taxes exactly as they are for millionaires and billionaires, with loopholes that lead them to have lower tax rates, in some cases, than plumbers and teachers, or we can put teachers and construction workers and veterans back on the job."

THE FACTS: True, "in some cases" wealthy people can exploit loopholes to make their tax rate lower than for people of middle or low income. In recent rhetoric, Obama had suggested it was commonplace for rich people to pay lower rates than others, a claim not supported by IRS statistics. But on Thursday, Obama accurately stated that it only happens sometimes.....snip~

Hopefully some will keep these up front and center. Focusing on those parts which shows this President is not telling the truth to all that is there with his proposal. Moreover the creation of another Bank for government. This is where I am concerned that Conservatives will give in and go for it. Thinking it is another honey pot to get money from. :-\

Again he will keep focusing on he teachers and education. Which is his base. Playing them like a fiddle. Yet this is not the way to create mass jobs in this country. >

History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,474x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Obama's Claims Missing some Evidence.....Fact Check!

Education is so screwed up in this country. We send waaay too many people to college.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Education is so screwed up in this country. We send waaay too many people to college.
    Myself.....I don't see that as a problem.....what I do see as a problem is High School and Elementary School. There should be more focus on vocational type schooling, and studies that prepare one for Civil Service and or Military Service. Classes on economics and credit, checking, and savings. Classes on organizational skills. Health for oneself other than nutritional. Male physiology to males and the same for females.
    Also physical excercise and gym every day.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Two Cents Critic View Post
    Myself.....I don't see that as a problem.....what I do see as a problem is High School and Elementary School. There should be more focus on vocational type schooling, and studies that prepare one for Civil Service and or Military Service. Classes on economics and credit, checking, and savings. Classes on organizational skills. Health for oneself other than nutritional. Male physiology to males and the same for females.
    But we're saying the same thing. Right, there should be more vocational training etc. I agree 100%. Not everyone needs to go to college. For what? A liberal (not that kind of liberal! >) education is one of the most important things in my life but you can get it much cheaper on your own.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But we're saying the same thing. Right, there should be more vocational training etc. I agree 100%. Not everyone needs to go to college. For what? A liberal (not that kind of liberal! >) education is one of the most important things in my life but you can get it much cheaper on your own.
    Yeah I agree with that.....especially if you really want the knowledge. Do you think there should be more Specified schools like Law, and the medical professions. Wherein that is all they teach. Nothing else. Like for other areas of Education.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah I agree with that.....especially if you really want the knowledge. Do you think there should be more Specified schools like Law, and the medical professions. Wherein that is all they teach. Nothing else. Like for other areas of Education.
    There are probably enough of those now I'd imagine.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are probably enough of those now I'd imagine.
    Well some lead to jobs others don't..... and then there is the game of creditation from the schools.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There are already way too many law schools. And I'm not saying that because I think lawyers are scum. A lot of these schools collect hundreds of thousands in tuition but the graduates can't find work. There are tons of unemployed recent law school grads. So private schools sure but no government money or grants going toward any of that please.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Conlette View Post
    There are already way too many law schools. And I'm not saying that because I think lawyers are scum. A lot of these schools collect hundreds of thousands in tuition but the graduates can't find work. There are tons of unemployed recent law school grads. So private schools sure but no government money or grants going toward any of that please.
    Especially not with those from other countries. Our Citizens must come first. What don't they get about that? One thing get me about the med profession. These guys from around the world go down to the Carribean and they get a license to practice medicine. Which for them is like 2 to 3 yrs there. While Up here it way more. Then they come into the US on Workers Visas and at times go to work for the government.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Conlette View Post
    Especially not with those from other countries. Our Citizens must come first. What don't they get about that? One thing get me about the med profession. These guys from around the world go down to the Carribean and they get a license to practice medicine. Which for them is like 2 to 3 yrs there. While Up here it way more. Then they come into the US on Workers Visas and at times go to work for the government.
    Yeah, I can only assume that they do that to save some bucks. It definitely leads to worse medical care.

+ Reply to Thread