Members banned from this thread: Bo-4


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 145

Thread: Photos of naked female Marines reportedly shared on social media

  1. #21
    Points: 182,765, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Cletus's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    163555
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    8,808
    Points
    182,765
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanked 4,556x in 3,114 Posts
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1645
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    Nope, after guys like you die off, it will no longer be true. Most men have evolved.
    After guys like me die off, if you and your kind are all that's left, men will be extinct.

    You really should hope and pray that never happens.
    Last edited by Cletus; 03-06-2017 at 01:07 PM.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

    Cthulhu (03-06-2017),MisterVeritis (03-06-2017),MMC (03-06-2017)

  3. #22
    V.I.P
    Points: 163,483, Level: 96
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 2,167
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    138288
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,797
    Points
    163,483
    Level
    96
    Thanks Given
    2,248
    Thanked 5,526x in 3,404 Posts
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1391
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Jordan View Post
    Regarding chivalry...

    Oh my!!!
    I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.
    ~Leonardo da Vinci

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

    Green Arrow (03-06-2017),Hal Jordan (03-06-2017),MMC (03-06-2017)

  5. #23
    Points: 386,114, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience Points1 year registeredOverdriveRecommendation Second Class
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    264643
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    25,837
    Points
    386,114
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    7,980
    Thanked 7,166x in 5,795 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2674
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    After guys like me die off, if you are your kind are all that's left, men will be extinct.

    You really should hope and pray that never happens.
    Sure, you're a "real man" huh?
    Fascism begins with a central argument that the world is broken .. everything is a mess -Unknown

  6. #24
    V.I.P
    Points: 163,483, Level: 96
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 2,167
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    138288
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,797
    Points
    163,483
    Level
    96
    Thanks Given
    2,248
    Thanked 5,526x in 3,404 Posts
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1391
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
    That's a little bit like the phrase, "I'm not a racist, but..." What comes after the "but" usually counters what came before it.
    Not even remotely similar.
    No more "buts." No more blaming women for men acting like neanderthals and animals. All that does is perpetuate the problem. Time to break the cycle. Condemn the men that did wrong and teach men and boys how to properly treat women.
    While I'm sure you didn't intend it -- you just degraded females here.

    You're perpetuating an age-old ideal that women are somehow delicate flowers, in need of special protections. It's this kind of stereotyping that leads men to think they must not only protect women, but, in doing so -- they somehow "own" them.

    It's a slippery slope and it's at the base of every patriarchal society since the dawn of time. There's so much psychological convolution wrapped up in the statement that we need to "teach men and boys how to properly treat women."

    Is the "proper" treatment of women any different from the proper treatment of men? Should only men be taught this level of respect, but not women?

    Perhaps, instead of painting women as perpetual victims of male dominance, you could try to understand that you're not doing women any favors by taking that position.

    Do you realize that if we teach ALL our children, boys and girls alike, to respect one another, we won't have these divisive types of issues?
    I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.
    ~Leonardo da Vinci

  7. #25
    V.I.P
    Points: 448,778, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    358868
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    28,370
    Points
    448,778
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    5,413
    Thanked 16,414x in 10,294 Posts
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3620
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
    Or, you know, we could just train our men to treat women properly.
    The sexual element cannot be trained away. It's ingrained at a physiological level.
    Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.
    --Immanuel Kant

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

    Don (03-06-2017),Peter1469 (03-06-2017)

  9. #26
    V.I.P
    Points: 448,778, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 78.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    358868
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    28,370
    Points
    448,778
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    5,413
    Thanked 16,414x in 10,294 Posts
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3620
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    Nope, after guys like you die off, it will no longer be true. Most men have evolved.
    All heterosexual males see females as potential mates, and vice versa because of evolution, not in spite of it. Males and females in close quarters in the military is and will always be a bad idea as long as evolutionary biology has a say in the matter.
    Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.
    --Immanuel Kant

  10. #27
    Points: 182,765, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Cletus's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    163555
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    8,808
    Points
    182,765
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    1
    Thanked 4,556x in 3,114 Posts
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1645
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    Sure, you're a "real man" huh?
    Today's males are becoming more and more feminized. You are a prime example of this. I seriously doubt that could subsist on your own outside society for more than a few hours before you curled up in a little ball and started crying.

    There always has been and if we are to survive as a species, always must be, MEN who are willing to endure the hardships and make the sacrifices necessary to keep the rest of you sheep safe. They may be coarse and unrefined and their manicures and pedicures may not be up to your standards, but they are the ones you will hide behind when the wolf is clawing at the door.

    For a number of years now, a great deal of social experimentation has been going on in the military. Someone, somewhere has decided that Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines should be just like the rest of society, that they should conduct themselves like the rest of society, that they should think like the rest of society. The problem is that they are NOT, nor should they be like the rest of society. A rifle squad full of Bo-4s wouldn't survive first contact with a hostile force. They can't be like you and we should not try to emasculate them to make them like you.

    A quote, often attributed to George Orwell, most likely incorrectly, sums up the reality of the situation quite well. ""We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." It was probably actually Edmund Burke who said that, but something he did say rings equally true. " ...men can be highly civilized only while other men, inevitably less civilized, are there to guard and feed them."

    To expect our young warrior to behave like kids in some finishing school is just absurd. That doesn't excuse bad behavior, but only a complete idiot should be shocked and dismayed when it occurs, and only a fool would want to breed it out of them.

  11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

    Cthulhu (03-06-2017),MisterVeritis (03-06-2017),MMC (03-06-2017),Peter1469 (03-06-2017)

  12. #28
    V.I.P
    Points: 102,888, Level: 78
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 2,362
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesYour first Group1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    AeonPax's Avatar Bene Gesserit
    Karma
    85620
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,123
    Points
    102,888
    Level
    78
    Thanks Given
    1,194
    Thanked 2,618x in 1,612 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    This kind of thing happens all the time -- outside of the military -- so the military aspect is really moot, in my opinion. And, we're still faced with the fact that anyone who posts nude photos of themselves on the internet, may live to regret those actions. If this is a reason to preach to kids why the military is awful, you might as well tell them to hide away from life, in general. My approach is to teach kids not to post private information/images on a very public internet and to share intimate information only with people they completely trust. This isn't so different from the Anthony Weiner episode, after all. And, that was shared all over social media -- much to Weiner's (and Huma's) chagrin.
    `
    The fact is, we have an organization here, a military organization, who violated the very core values and principles of the Marine Corps, Honor for one. These men (literally hundreds) are bereft of honor, over doing a childish, juvenile...little boy thing. Have you you read up on this "scandal?" Maybe you haven't. Try this article; The leadership vacuum behind the Marine Corps' massive nude-photo scandal.

    Many of these images were taken, stolen or hacked from private accounts.....and it's been going on for years. This is not going to blow over anytime soon.
    `
    "I like pigs..
    Dogs look up to you, cats look down at you,
    but pigs treat you as equals"


  13. The Following User Says Thank You to AeonPax For This Useful Post:

    Dangermouse (03-06-2017)

  14. #29
    Original Ranter
    V.I.P
    Points: 897,036, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Peter1469's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    369295
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    122,633
    Points
    897,036
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    69,501
    Thanked 50,986x in 35,351 Posts
    Mentioned
    1981 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3820
    Right. Our combat forces need to know how to kill the enemy hard and fast. All of this social engineering b.s. needs to be divorced from the military. At least with the trigger pullers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    Today's males are becoming more and more feminized. You are a prime example of this. I seriously doubt that could subsist on your own outside society for more than a few hours before you curled up in a little ball and started crying.

    There always has been and if we are to survive as a species, always must be, MEN who are willing to endure the hardships and make the sacrifices necessary to keep the rest of you sheep safe. They may be coarse and unrefined and their manicures and pedicures may not be up to your standards, but they are the ones you will hide behind when the wolf is clawing at the door.

    For a number of years now, a great deal of social experimentation has been going on in the military. Someone, somewhere has decided that Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines should be just like the rest of society, that they should conduct themselves like the rest of society, that they should think like the rest of society. The problem is that they are NOT, nor should they be like the rest of society. A rifle squad full of Bo-4s wouldn't survive first contact with a hostile force. They can't be like you and we should not try to emasculate them to make them like you.

    A quote, often attributed to George Orwell, most likely incorrectly, sums up the reality of the situation quite well. ""We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." It was probably actually Edmund Burke who said that, but something he did say rings equally true. " ...men can be highly civilized only while other men, inevitably less civilized, are there to guard and feed them."

    To expect our young warrior to behave like kids in some finishing school is just absurd. That doesn't excuse bad behavior, but only a complete idiot should be shocked and dismayed when it occurs, and only a fool would want to breed it out of them.
    Alea iacta est

    Check out the blog.


  15. #30
    Original Ranter
    V.I.P
    Points: 897,036, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Peter1469's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    369295
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    122,633
    Points
    897,036
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    69,501
    Thanked 50,986x in 35,351 Posts
    Mentioned
    1981 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3820
    Can they kill?

    Quote Originally Posted by AeonPax View Post
    `
    The fact is, we have an organization here, a military organization, who violated the very core values and principles of the Marine Corps, Honor for one. These men (literally hundreds) are bereft of honor, over doing a childish, juvenile...little boy thing. Have you you read up on this "scandal?" Maybe you haven't. Try this article; The leadership vacuum behind the Marine Corps' massive nude-photo scandal.

    Many of these images were taken, stolen or hacked from private accounts.....and it's been going on for years. This is not going to blow over anytime soon.
    Alea iacta est

    Check out the blog.


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO