resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,122x in 7,595 Posts
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found these yesterday, it was a long walk up river, used google earth, I think I can ride a mountain bike all the way there under a powerline easement, sure would save time! First one is a bison molar, second is a partial mammoth tooth, third is maybe, an osteoderm from a giant armadillo like critter.Attachment 18147Attachment 18148Attachment 18149
    There is no God but Resister and Refugee is his messenger’.

Book of Democrat Things, Chapter 1:1

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,122x in 7,595 Posts
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found some more today, a bison molar some mammoth tooth fragments and various shark teeth and the base of a deer antler.

So i'm in water a little over my knees and I see about a 30 pound turtle, I go say hello and go back to my hole to dig, look down right next to my leg and see a huge fish, wont lie I jumped up outta that hole.

Go up river near a spot with rocky rapids and a few houses overlooking the river, so i'm busily engrossed in digging, I look up and see a HUGE dog about 8 ft away just looking at me, it looked like a Rottweiler but with the shape of a lab, only bigger (Did I mention it was HUGE? like 100 pounds)

Well at least he is not barking or growling, I put my steel clam rake between his head and me, but is determined to sniff me, well he aint bit me yet, I drop the rake and let him smell me, nice doggy! He goes on his way upriver, as I leave he is there again, and he aint letting me pass, tried deep water, he can swim (of course)

So finally I said screw it, he will bite or he wont, I aint getting back up river to the bike around him, he just wanted to be petted (luckily!)

My digging season is coming to a close, the rains finally came and the river rose 6 inches with the one good rain we have had.

Oh well I made the most of it, an average rainy season raises the river a good ten feet. When the dry season comes again, there will be more fossils washed out of the banks and the areas hard hit this year will be replenished.
    There is no God but Resister and Refugee is his messenger’.

Book of Democrat Things, Chapter 1:1

+ Reply to Thread