Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL

"We were concerned that, given his “straightforward” or "outsider" presentation and charisma, he would appeal to people who were unaware of the dangers of his obvious narcissistic personality type, and the offensive behaviors that can accompany it. These behaviors include but are not limited to condescension, gross exaggeration (lying), bullying, jealousy, fragile self-esteem, lack of compassion, and viewing the world as Us-vs.-Them. Having observed the schoolyard-bully tactics Trump employed during public debates, as well as his boasting presentation during interviews, we felt it was important to raise awareness about his behaviors. So in January 2016, we posted Bullies: An Exploration Into Different Types of Bullies." https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...nt-in-the-room
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Useful Post:

AeonPax (04-11-2017)

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TW Updates:

Sean Spicer has clarified wiretap fiasco, tells CNN auto correct and the British were the cause.
    White House press briefings are so entertaining they now draw more viewers than 'The Bold and the Beautiful''.
    Donald J. Trump has only spent 22% of his time as president golfing and sunning at Mar-a-lago.
    Latest unconstitutional ban on immigrants signed by Pres Trump ruled unconstitutional by federal judge. Strike two.
    VP pence says his private use of email was different than Hillary's use, his was more private and more better too.
    DJT is clear the Jewish bomb threats are once again the work of the last administration to make his voters look bad.
    Reduced taxes for the wealthiest Americans is a great great Healthcare plan per DJT.
    Kellyanne is first in line for ethics training in the Trump administration, most of the admin to follow.
    DJT welcomes Julia Hahn the female Bannon and Breitbart anti immigration scholar.
    Steve Bannon claims less government depth works best, he points to Hoover's presidency as proof that lack of depth works.
    The Wall will only cost 21 billion, that along with tax relief for the wealthiest, aka healthcare, will bring down the deficit per DJT.
    DJT financial stake in the Dakota pipeline had nothing to do with his Oking the work. Koch brothers agree.
    Trump portrait on sale now, "no challenge is to great" it reads, but this one was paid for by sign waving Trump voters.
    'Trumpcare, the Republican pay more for less care act' is moving along and may actually beat the Wall in completion.
    White House curtains now gold, Pres Trump says great great great color. One great thing accomplished.
    Press relationship improving, Bannon told the press to "keep its mouth shut' and Kellyanne Conway "ripped a new one".
    America first budget will include no funds for Art or public radio to support DJT pledge to make America great great great.
    Trump promised never to lie to his people, his people, others are open to lies and other misinformation.

We sincerely hope these updates clarify any misunderstanding caused by fake news sources. Pres Trump favorite news source is found at your food store check-out. No fake news in the National Inquirer. Read it and make sure you all see DJT on Fox and Friends discussing classified intelligence information again this week.

DJT quote of the week: My voters is good solid cornpone kinda folk, they ain't too racist and most don't even know what misogynist means, that's a joke folks, just a joke. Great I say make America great and win win we're gonna win....
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is fun. The week in Trump World.

Sean Spicer thinks they have finally solved the wire tapping but he wants to discuss with Rep Nunes first.

Rep Nunes was informed by Peter Severa that there was no Russian hacking or election spamming.

Our saber rattling is different than the democratic saber rattling per Sean Spicer.

When DJT tweeted if a president could be impeached for incompetence he didn't mean himself just to be clear.

Pres Trump asked China's leader if China made up global warming but since the answer was in Chinese we can't confirm.

Pres Trump takes credit for the beautiful Spring weather and blames Obama for the recent tornadoes.

Pres Trumps claims sixty million dollars for my golfing at Mar-a-Lago is fine didn't I win this entitlement.

Trump claims being president should benefit his family and hotels as he does so much for some Americans.

Jared Kushner will bring fresh eyes to every issue after all he knows little about any of the issues.

Ivanka says, 'Father knows Best' was her favorite show growing up.

Doesn't Pence look all VP like standing admiringly, gloating slightly as Trump signs EAs.

Trump agrees with NRA and their claim the mentally ill need guns to protect themselves from people mentally ill.

Clarification, Trump tweets nothing is fake if he says it and what he calls fake is fake.

Sean Hannity has argued 'mendacity' is a positive in media coverage, it helps his understanding of the issues.

Use of exclamation points confirms the importance of tweets per Pres Trump.

Comedy shows may switch to tragedy so comedy can make a come back after the Trump comedy passes.

Trump thinks Manaford's money laundering was a good idea, clean money is nicer per Donald.
    Last edited by midcan5; 04-11-2017 at 07:11 AM.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    patrickt's Avatar Senior Member
    Living in Oaxaca, Mexico, born in Memphis and worked in Colorado
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this supposed to counteract LibWorld and LibSpeak? Do you think Democrats have a copyright on foolishness?

I also notice that nothing Midcan is writing has any quotations marks or attribution. Oh, right. Lies.
    Last edited by patrickt; 04-11-2017 at 08:23 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

resister (04-23-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    When my daughter got to be about three years old, she discovered fiction - she learned that she could tell us something that wasn't true, and occasionally get away with it. In a way, it was almost like discovering a magical way to change reality. People like Trump discovered, at some point, that everything they said didn't have to be the truth, too...only, unlike my kid, they never grew out of it.
    My children were a little older when I taught them that fiction often held more truth than did non-fiction. Consider Dreams of my Father versus Catch-22

I'm sure your daughter, and my children, learned something that most politicians never learn. Your lies work better if you occasionally tell the truth.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to patrickt For This Useful Post:

resister (04-23-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump week

News agencies feel there is no need to cover every Trump tweet, tomorrow's may even be better.
    When Pres Trump said he wanted to stay out of intervening in places, he meant Baltimore and Chicago.
    Pres Trump hopes he can find a church close to the Mar-a-lago golf course because of his tee time.
    Some Americans are beginning to think continuing news coverage of Pres Trump may be worse than water boarding.
    The reason Trump tweets are at a twelve year old level is because of his voter's busy lives.
    Pres Trump claims his trickle down is a better trickle down than Reagan's trickle down.
    Trump doesn't worry about his new business ideas failing, government can't go bankrupt there is always SS to pillage.
    With democrats out of power Paul Ryan will be the new focus of investigations and criticism.
    White House visitors to be kept secret to protect the identity of the innocent.
    Hanover College asked the VP how he could participate in the discrimination, racism, xenophobia, and antipathy toward the poor.
    Only republicans can say 'you lie' to democrats, republicans only confabulate per Sean and Joe.
    Pres Donald J Trump is not a flip flopper he is flopper flipper according to his friends at Fox, there is a difference.
    Seven miles financed so far, Pres Trump, great, great, it will be a great wall. Promise kept, says Pres.
    Pres Trump doesn't have time to sue his accusers per Sean, travel between Washington and Florida keeps him too busy.
    Joe's Barber Shop in Paducah Ky hired a second barber proving once more work is coming back and Trump is the reason.
    Russians not longer know what to make of Pres Trump and neither do most Americans.
    Pres Trump says 'the Swamp' is not refilled as news indicates, there are still several empty positions.
    Trump's tax plan in a nutshell: there will be rich Americans and poor Americans, simplicity finally.

https://www.propublica.org/article/t...ave-for-it-now

Edit: Books too - https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/22/o...cal-books.html
    Last edited by midcan5; 04-23-2017 at 07:19 AM.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 2,196
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 14,976x in 10,696 Posts
    Mentioned
    492 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    When my daughter got to be about three years old, she discovered fiction - she learned that she could tell us something that wasn't true, and occasionally get away with it. In a way, it was almost like discovering a magical way to change reality. People like Trump discovered, at some point, that everything they said didn't have to be the truth, too...only, unlike my kid, they never grew out of it.
    That's an interesting analogy. During the Obama Administration though, there were too many occasions where your silence was the response to fiction, so you just seem like political whining from you now.

Same with the thread start.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump world continued:

Trump, my rallies are the bestest, correspondent's diner not so good.
    Trump tweets are now history regardless of applicability to anything at all.
    Trump's imaginary armada confused everyone even him.
    Trump, where is that armada anyway, Jared on whitehouse roof looking now.
    Trump will reply to national security questions when he hears what Fox and Friends have to say.
    Trump, removing millions from healthcare will make my plan more better good.
    Trump, my white voters will now be safe, paying for the wall will be a great great privilege for them.
    Trump feels SNL is unfair representation of reality, per Sean.
    Trump praises Gorsuch, one down, lots more to go, great decision, git em.
    Trump likes strong leaders in other countries but not here.
    Trump, wall is coming along fine, great great wall. Mar-a-Lago now safe.
    Trump, Sean wasn't lying when he claimed he wasn't lying.
    Trump holding another unconstitutional EA, ain't my signature the neatest .

"She picked Louisiana because it presented an extreme example of what she called the “great paradox.” Statistics show that this state ranks very low in “human development.” - it ranks 49th. In overall health, it ranked last, it ranked 48th in eight-grade reading, 49th out of 50 in eight-grade math, and 49th in child well-being. Yet these same people will spurn most federal help. Even so, 44 percent of the state’s budget comes from the federal government. As Alec MacGillis of the NY Times stated, “People in red states who need Medicaid and food stamps welcome them but don’t vote…while those a little higher on the class ladder, white conservatives, don’t need them and do vote – against public dollars for the poor.” When it comes to the significant pollution from the petrochemical industry, the logic is “the more oil, the more jobs. The more jobs, the more prosperity, and the less need for government … the better off they will be.”"" review comment: Strangers in Their Own Land: Anger and Mourning on the American Right' by Arlie Russell Hochschild
    Last edited by midcan5; 04-27-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    I also notice that nothing Midcan is writing has any quotations marks or attribution. Oh, right. Lies.
    Just for @patrickt quotes this week. And more to come, Pres Trump is a gift that keeps on giving.

The Wisdum and profundity of DJT

"I think I am, actually humble. I think I'm much more humble than you would understand.”
    "The point is that you can't be too greedy."
    "I love the poorly educated."
    "Private jets cost a lot of money."
    "A certificate of live birth is not the same thing by any stretch of the imagination as a birth certificate."
    “In terms of achievement, I think I’d give myself an A, I think I get an A in terms of what I’ve actually done."
    "We need a great president."
    "Obama does not like the issue of where he was born."
    “I thought being President would be easier than my old life.”
    "I actually don't have a bad hairline."
    “An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud.”
    “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me – consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.”
    “The beauty of me is that I’m very rich.”
    “My IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don’t feel so stupid or insecure; it’s not your fault.”
    “I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist.”
    "You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the...."

"On Day One, we will begin working on an impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful southern border wall. We will use the best technology, including above - and below -ground sensors. That’s the tunnels. Remember that. Above and below. Above - and below -ground sensors, towers, aerial surveillance and manpower to supplement the wall, find and dislocate tunnels and keep out criminal cartels and Mexico, you know that, will work with us." Donald J Trump speech, 8/31/16
    Last edited by midcan5; 05-09-2017 at 05:59 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Useful Post:

Crepitus (05-09-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I promised the moderators I wouldn't post any more but since this nonsense was addressed to me I thought I should respond.

Midcan5 said, "I can lie all I want and there is nothing you can do about it." That's called a quote without attribution. Midcan, quotation marks aren't what make a lie a quote. I did notice one quote for which I can give attribution. Not actually a quote but your, "A certificate of live birth is not the same thing by any stretch of the imagination as a birth certificate" is paraphrasing the postal employee when I offered a certificate of live birth to get a passport instead of a birth certificate.

You must me embarrassed to right something stupid and be right.
    @midcan5

Now, I will return to not posting. The moderators will be happy.

+ Reply to Thread