Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkinsleuth View Post
    When I was a boy my mother always would tell me about the boy who cried wolf. I wonder if that little boy was the same little boy that we call "Trump." today. Sure sounds like him.

We have a President that cannot be trusted. He had the same reputation in the business world where he comes from. This is all well documented. It is amazing to me that he was not subjected to "extreme vetting" before the campaign began. He should have been. Now we have a questionably untrustworthy person periodically in the Oval Office think up new Tweets to shock people and send them searching for the rabbit holes.
    Our voters who bought off on his rhetoric (rightly so out of hope) will soon grow weary of waiting for results. I feel sorry for them because there is nothing worse than having hopes dashed against rocky shoals of reality.

Hey everyone, there is a wolf in my sheep herd, yelled the little boy. After a few of these calls....the villagers stopped coming. And that is what America now.
    Global warming. Saccharin. Swine Flu. Bird Flu. Japanese buying America. Arabs buying America. Disenfranchisement of minorities. Azar on apples. Eggs are deadly. By 1980 the world will be wracked with wars over food. Millions will die if we don't ban DDT. Y2K is going to be horrible. If we don't pass national healthcare right now American's will never have healthcare.

Crying wolf is scarcely new but perhaps you are very young and were indoctrinated in public schools.

A question, Tonkinsleuth. Who was the last president you trusted? Would that be Barack "If you like you health insurance, you can keep your health insuance, period" Obama? How about Bill Clinton? How about Lyndon "I won't send American boys" Johnson? How about Jimmy "Everything's fine, it's your attitude that's the problem" Carter. How about Richard Nixon, John F. Kennedy, Franklin Delano Roosevelt?

We've had maybe three presidents in my lifetime who said what they wanted to do and did what they said they'd do and I didn't trust them either.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 686
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Scrounger's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 311x in 237 Posts
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkinsleuth View Post
    Hi Scrounger:

I like your view on this issue with Trump. Makes sense except for one this and I am not being critical of you at all.

Trumps business acumen is a myth. The rumor of his GREAT NEGOTIATOR is false. In my opinion. For example, he put forth the first EO on the travel ban. It didn't sit well and the 9th district court in Washington state and Minnesota got involved and shut it down. So now Trump has a problem. If he was a great negotiator he would have negotiated, No. Instead he demanded that the "so called" judges were wrong. Thereby incurring the wrath of the court. That is not how a great negotiator wins. He is an idiot.
    Time has proven your point right. OTOH, his supporters seem to be oblivious to the fact that the Trumpster cannot negotiate deals. I have a good example for you:

I came up with a plan that would accomplish most of what the nutty wall would do. It would double the manpower on the border at NO cost to the U.S. (fact is we'd make money on the deal) AND incentivize Mexico to do their best to work with us. If I can do it, so could Trump. But, the man will keep trying the same old techniques that have ended in defeat every time. Maybe he's a change agent and hopes he will screw up so badly that Clinton gets her dream job and replaces him soon.

+ Reply to Thread