User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Why such hard partisianship around here?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,908x in 54,723 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrounger View Post
    Again, my criticisms are not just about this board. It's the nature of the boards along with the efforts by groups to dominate the discussions.

In the instant case, one poster here wanted to call me names, badger me, etc. I reported him. No action was taken. So, he gave me an insulting board name and I returned the favor. There is no problem. If you can respond equally, across the board, then it is what it is.

OTOH, I have been lied about here and when I point out that what I'm being accused of is a lie, I'm reprimanded to calling lies what they are. Those promoting the lies are allowed to do so without being reprimanded.

And... since you brought it up. You were the moderator who reprimanded me for explaining my position to another poster. The facts are that I told that person IF I were doing that (what he did) in a face to face encounter, I'd be bucking for a fight. That way, if he were challenging me, I understood what he meant and was willing to accommodate him. Your interpretation is that my acknowledgment of what the guy was doing constituted a threat.

Maybe that is not what he wanted, yet keeps up the lies, misrepresentations, name calling, etc. which I have no problem with, provided I'm extended the same luxury. When you have multiple posters doing the same thing, however, those who would disagree with the powers that be are intimidated into exiting threads. And, those with an identifiable agenda, are allowed to run the board with a one sided view.

I realize you were speaking generally. I was speaking specifically.

We mod by team to avoid personal and political biases.

We don't deal with lies, partisanship, etc, that's between you folks.

Addressing specific moderation must be handled through Report or PM, not online. So I won't respond and suggest you report or PM.

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 1,132
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cletus's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 27,383x in 15,850 Posts
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Start your own forum, cletus, one that has no rules and no reports and no moderators. It won't last a week.
    Chris, what you know about moderating couldn't fill a thimble.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cletus For This Useful Post:

Bethere (03-21-2017)

Overall activity: 84.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 80,908x in 54,723 Posts
    Mentioned
    2011 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    Chris, what you know about moderating couldn't fill a thimble.
    No doubt.

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 686
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Scrounger's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 311x in 237 Posts
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just thread banned by "Ravens Fan" for responding to name calling by a couple of other posters. Despite the fact that they called me names and were reported on 1, 2, 3... make that FOUR occasions, the name calling was tolerated. Then I get thread banned NOT because of the name calling - but, rather because of the partisanship here.

If the name calling were the issue, those guys would get thread banned and then banned altogether for repeatedly breaking the rules. Instead, they get to screw with me until I won't take it any longer and then I get thread banned. The real reason is that Ravens Fan had some home boys getting their collective asses kicked. They couldn't deal me out of the thread with facts, so they stoop to name calling and then Ravens Fan helping his home boys put me out of the discussion so they can lie about me and misrepresent the issue.

I gotta call B.S. on this practice. The OP's question still stands.

notice

Notice

Rule 9 violation. Use Report or PM.

If you have questions or concerns about this moderation action, please use the Report button to let us know.
    Last edited by Chris; 03-24-2017 at 01:09 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scrounger For This Useful Post:

OGIS (03-24-2017)

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 2,058
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    OGIS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,647x in 2,130 Posts
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just thread banned by "Ravens Fan" for responding to name calling by a couple of other posters. Despite the fact that they called me names and were reported on 1, 2, 3... make that FOUR occasions, the name calling was tolerated. Then I get thread banned NOT because of the name calling - but, rather because of the partisanship here. If the name calling were the issue, those guys would get thread banned and then banned altogether for repeatedly breaking the rules. Instead, they get to screw with me until I won't take it any longer and then I get thread banned. The real reason is that Ravens Fan had some home boys getting their collective asses kicked. They couldn't deal me out of the thread with facts, so they stoop to name calling and then Ravens Fan helping his home boys put me out of the discussion so they can lie about me and misrepresent the issue. I gotta call B.S. on this practice. The OP's question still stands.

Sure seems that way. There are several Usual Suspects. The Echo Chamber seems to be coming along nicely.

Here's the problem, as I see it:

Forum Rule 2:
    Trolling a poster or a thread is against the rules. Trolling is defined by forum leadership as "deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them."
    The problem:
    (1) Ascribing "deliberate" intent for a post is mind-reading (a logical fallacy) and impossible to prove in actual fact.
    (2) The entire operational definition of trolling, therefore, MUST be victim-centered... as that is the only observable!
    (3) And many of our RWNJ posters here seem to be perpetually angry. Everything upsets them.
    (4) And yes, this psychotic behavior is well known by all the members... including the Mods.
    (5) And THAT establishes de-facto "deliberate" intent, i.e.: "You KNEW the RWNJ snowflake would be upset by what you said. Therefore TB."

So what it comes down to in actual practice is that the Professional Angry Whiner RWNJs end up taking over the site.

More I can't say because doing so might violate some particular spin on the Rules.
    Last edited by OGIS; 03-24-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    Wearing a mask with your nose sticking out is like wearing a condom on your testicles.

When out walking, look out for PROBlems. You know: maskless Plague Rats On Bicycles who blow past you without giving you time to get out of the way.

Ah, CONServatives, the Masters of Projection (MOPs). With CONServatives, every accusation is a confession. Weird, that.

............Oh, what fresh hell is this?
    ,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯
    ....... Not my circus, not my monkeys

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OGIS For This Useful Post:

Bethere (03-24-2017)

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 2,058
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    OGIS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,647x in 2,130 Posts
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wearing a mask with your nose sticking out is like wearing a condom on your testicles.

When out walking, look out for PROBlems. You know: maskless Plague Rats On Bicycles who blow past you without giving you time to get out of the way.

Ah, CONServatives, the Masters of Projection (MOPs). With CONServatives, every accusation is a confession. Weird, that.

............Oh, what fresh hell is this?
    ,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯
    ....... Not my circus, not my monkeys

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just thread banned by "Ravens Fan" for responding to name calling by a couple of other posters. Despite the fact that they called me names and were reported on 1, 2, 3... make that FOUR occasions, the name calling was tolerated. Then I get thread banned NOT because of the name calling - but, rather because of the partisanship here.

If the name calling were the issue, those guys would get thread banned and then banned altogether for repeatedly breaking the rules. Instead, they get to screw with me until I won't take it any longer and then I get thread banned. The real reason is that Ravens Fan had some home boys getting their collective asses kicked. They couldn't deal me out of the thread with facts, so they stoop to name calling and then Ravens Fan helping his home boys put me out of the discussion so they can lie about me and misrepresent the issue.

I gotta call B.S. on this practice. The OP's question still stands.
    You're being Exploited
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmyz For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (03-24-2017),stjames1_53 (03-25-2017)

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,992x in 55,613 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Lowe View Post
    I signed up here on hopes there would be honest discussion and no labeling.

Yet on some stuff I am already labeled a democrat and on others I get labled a republican.

Look I ain't for no party infact throughout my voting life I have supported both parties and even voted libertarian and once for county board an independant.

Not sure what most of ya'll are lookin for though may make it very clear that I support basic common sense on most issues regardless of the party or narritive.

Thank you
    It shouldn't be a big surprise when a political discussion on any issue devolves into a partisan argument.

You will notice that you can be a staunch conservative or liberal and another so called conservative or liberal will cherry-pick a trivial part of a comment and use that to attack you personally. I'm sure it happens in every political forum unless it's an intentional echo chamber type forum.
    Last edited by Tahuyaman; 03-25-2017 at 05:01 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

Newpublius (03-25-2017)

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,122x in 7,595 Posts
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OGIS View Post
    Sure seems that way. There are several Usual Suspects. The Echo Chamber seems to be coming along nicely.

Here's the problem, as I see it:

Forum Rule 2:

The problem:
    (1) Ascribing "deliberate" intent for a post is mind-reading (a logical fallacy) and impossible to prove in actual fact.
    (2) The entire operational definition of trolling, therefore, MUST be victim-centered... as that is the only observable!
    (3) And many of our RWNJ posters here seem to be perpetually angry. Everything upsets them.
    (4) And yes, this psychotic behavior is well known by all the members... including the Mods.
    (5) And THAT establishes de-facto "deliberate" intent, i.e.: "You KNEW the RWNJ snowflake would be upset by what you said. Therefore TB."

So what it comes down to in actual practice is that the Professional Angry Whiner RWNJs end up taking over the site.

More I can't say because doing so might violate some particular spin on the Rules.
    Ha Ha you funny partisan, so you see none of this on the left?...
    There is no God but Resister and Refugee is his messenger’.

Book of Democrat Things, Chapter 1:1

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,992x in 55,613 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resister View Post
    Ha Ha you funny partisan, so you see none of this on the left?...
    LWNJ's never consider themselves being angry even when they are advocating violence be perpetrated upon those with whom they disagree. They also don't consider it partisan when they loyally proclaim their support for Democrats, but continually call Republicans evil.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (04-16-2017)

+ Reply to Thread