Quote Originally Posted by Scrounger View Post
Again, my criticisms are not just about this board. It's the nature of the boards along with the efforts by groups to dominate the discussions.

In the instant case, one poster here wanted to call me names, badger me, etc. I reported him. No action was taken. So, he gave me an insulting board name and I returned the favor. There is no problem. If you can respond equally, across the board, then it is what it is.

OTOH, I have been lied about here and when I point out that what I'm being accused of is a lie, I'm reprimanded to calling lies what they are. Those promoting the lies are allowed to do so without being reprimanded.

And... since you brought it up. You were the moderator who reprimanded me for explaining my position to another poster. The facts are that I told that person IF I were doing that (what he did) in a face to face encounter, I'd be bucking for a fight. That way, if he were challenging me, I understood what he meant and was willing to accommodate him. Your interpretation is that my acknowledgment of what the guy was doing constituted a threat.

Maybe that is not what he wanted, yet keeps up the lies, misrepresentations, name calling, etc. which I have no problem with, provided I'm extended the same luxury. When you have multiple posters doing the same thing, however, those who would disagree with the powers that be are intimidated into exiting threads. And, those with an identifiable agenda, are allowed to run the board with a one sided view.

I realize you were speaking generally. I was speaking specifically.

We mod by team to avoid personal and political biases.

We don't deal with lies, partisanship, etc, that's between you folks.

Addressing specific moderation must be handled through Report or PM, not online. So I won't respond and suggest you report or PM.