Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
For the price Jim Beam is a good go-to. They make Makers Mark as well. I still think they put a Maker Mark label and the fancy wax dip in the cork on their bottles filled with Jim Beam though. Conspiracy forum fodder.

A doctor once told me to drink clear spirits as the tannin released into brown spirits is highly cancerous. Check into Vodka. It mixes well with almost anything. Please stay away from diet soda grapefruit mixers. Try San Peligrino sodas. Blood Orange, Orange and the like. Real sugar and made by Guidos in Italy. Real tonic water is a cheap substitute and will protect you from malaria.
I'm sticking with the diet grapefruit, sorry. It's good.

We have a batch of vodka (can't remember the brand, some middle shelf european vodka) and whole cut up pineapple that's sitting on the top of the fridge right now. We make that every now and then, it will be ready in a couple weeks.

I'm told clear spirits equate to less hangover. So far the bourbon doesn't impact me the next morning regardless of how much I have although the whipmistress tells me my breath stinks more.

Ah well...