Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,122x in 7,595 Posts
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OGIS View Post
    Hard to know what you are talking about, since you failed to quote any text of mine to support your accusation[1]. But if you are referencing the immediate previous post...

...then no, I am not mind reading Starman's mind. The comparison of the emotions displayed in his posts (yay blood!) are reminiscent of those in the book (and also the movie).

This is, of course, assuming there is a mind buried somewhere deep inside that mass of self-evident rage and angst that can be read (as opposed to merely a tape or program loop, which someone else occasionally changes).

The contents of Starman's posts are fairly self-evident in their generalized terror of The Other.

[1][Protip]
    Referencing post# 40 where you proceeded to tell me how I probably think.
    There is no God but Resister and Refugee is his messenger’.

Book of Democrat Things, Chapter 1:1

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 2,058
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    OGIS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,647x in 2,130 Posts
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resister View Post
    Referencing post# 40 where you proceeded to tell me how I probably think.

Reading comprehension issues?

You responded to this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    I'm not sure that any civilized person wants to watch another person die. Vengence and violence is something that is very primitive and conflicts with higher order thinking and morality.
    With this:
    Because it makes people consider the ramifications of there actions. I don't believe in coddling murderers.
    My response to you was:
    Interesting that a guy who probably thinks that the government screws up everything they touch is fine with a government judicial and punishment system that condemns and kills people. What? The State screws up everything they touch... except for the justice system?
    [snip]..............
    Ah.

No mind reading involved.

First, from the context of your response (Dr. Who is talking about people dying), I deduce that you are in favor of the death penalty - and a swift and sure one, at that. I think most people would draw similar conclusions from that context.

Second, please note the bolded word "probably" in the redded text above. That word means something: that I am uncertain, to one degree or another, that you think that way. I am not mind-reading, but extrapolating from the many posts I have read of your positions on various topics. Again, this is clear from the context (we are both long-time members of this forum, which we each presumably read, and are presumably familiar with each other's politics).

Third:
    One common cognitive distortion is mind reading, which is assuming you know what other people think. In small doses, mind reading is a very helpful skill. We know that certain behaviors, words, and reactions can give us clues about what someone is thinking. For instance, when we tell someone something and his/her jaw drops, we automatically assume the other person is surprised. This is a kind of mind reading that is helpful in interpersonal encounters, and not an example of a cognitive distortion. However, when used too much, or without much evidence to go on, mind reading can be problematic. Take the example of someone eating alone in a cafeteria thinking everyone thinks she is a loser for eating alone. Or if you get to work a few minutes late, and you think everyone else is thinking about your tardiness. Engage in enough distorted mind reading, and you can feel pretty miserable after a while.
    So, no, no mind reading.
    Last edited by OGIS; 03-21-2017 at 05:09 PM.
    Wearing a mask with your nose sticking out is like wearing a condom on your testicles.

When out walking, look out for PROBlems. You know: maskless Plague Rats On Bicycles who blow past you without giving you time to get out of the way.

Ah, CONServatives, the Masters of Projection (MOPs). With CONServatives, every accusation is a confession. Weird, that.

............Oh, what fresh hell is this?
    ,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯
    ....... Not my circus, not my monkeys

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OGIS For This Useful Post:

Bethere (03-21-2017),decedent (03-21-2017)

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 581
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    decedent's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,794x in 2,008 Posts
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starman View Post
    Left Angeles Times Fake News
    March 16, 2017

Front Page headline story

"Ex-Sheriff Baca found guilty"
    Lee Baca, former sheriff of Los Angeles County, was convicted of three felonies for lying to the FBI and obstructing its probe into jail abuses in Los Angeles. Immediately south of Los Angeles County is Orange County, where a few years ago, the Orange County Sheriff, Mike Carona, was also convicted of felonies and sentenced to 5 years in prison.

Somebody really, really hates LA.
    I have a big cook.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to decedent For This Useful Post:

OGIS (03-21-2017)

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,122x in 7,595 Posts
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading comprehension issues?

You responded to this:

With this:

My response to you was:

Ah.

No mind reading involved.

First, from the context of your response (Dr. Who is talking about people dying), I deduce that you are in favor of the death penalty - and a swift and sure one, at that. I think most people would draw similar conclusions from that context.

Second, please note the bolded word "probably" in the redded text above. That word means something: that I am uncertain, to one degree or another, that you think that way. I am not mind-reading, but extrapolating from the many posts I have read of your positions on various topics. Again, this is clear from the context (we are both long-time members of this forum, which we each presumably read, and are presumably familiar with each other's politics).

Third:

So, no, no mind reading.
    That is quite funny, the one with reading comprehension issues is clearly you, I said I was referencing post # 40....

There is no God but Resister and Refugee is his messenger’.

Book of Democrat Things, Chapter 1:1

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 2,058
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    OGIS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,647x in 2,130 Posts
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is quite funny, the one with reading comprehension issues is clearly you, I said I was referencing post # 40....

Dude. On my computer screen, post #40 is the third item I quote, where I use that word "probably." Perhaps, though, you have a different reality wherever you are and it is a different number.

Why don't you take a screen shot that shows the post number "40" and what I supposedly said? Oh wait, you can't, because that is not the real world.

You should at least have the common courtesy, decency, and rational long term interest to admit when you are wrong. Otherwise, everyone other than the hard-core koolaid drinkers will sniggle (cross between a sneer and a giggle) at you every time you post, because they deem you to be a dishonest poster.

Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Last edited by OGIS; 03-21-2017 at 09:25 PM.
    Wearing a mask with your nose sticking out is like wearing a condom on your testicles.

When out walking, look out for PROBlems. You know: maskless Plague Rats On Bicycles who blow past you without giving you time to get out of the way.

Ah, CONServatives, the Masters of Projection (MOPs). With CONServatives, every accusation is a confession. Weird, that.

............Oh, what fresh hell is this?
    ,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯
    ....... Not my circus, not my monkeys

+ Reply to Thread