Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,962x in 55,590 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Clinton campaign admitted that they hired people to protest in a way which would discredit their political opposition. I know you leftist types forgot about that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

resister (03-19-2017)

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,122x in 7,595 Posts
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OGIS View Post
    It's also possible it is lizard-people aliens.

Hey, it IS possible, right?
    About as possible as your Russian theory!

There is no God but Resister and Refugee is his messenger’.

Book of Democrat Things, Chapter 1:1

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 2,058
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    OGIS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,647x in 2,130 Posts
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resister View Post
    About as possible as your Russian theory!
    My Russian theory? What is that theory, Mr. Silva? I was not aware that I had taken any position at all on a Russian theory. Please enlighten us all as to my thoughts on the matter.

I've noticed that you have this funny little habit of hanging positions on people, and of putting words into their mouths... with nary a shred of actual evidence that the positions or words are, you know, true. Why is it that you do this? What do you think it accomplishes? Yes, yes, I know that it can derail a thread... but to what purpose? To shut down discussion of an uncomfortable subject? And what do you think that that accomplishes? Does it accomplish its twin goals of reinforcing the convictions of the True Believers, and also forestalling the questions of the "fence sitters"?

Answer: Yes, it does indeed bolster the fanaticism of the Faithful. However, I fear that - lost in the self-congratulatory circle jerk that ensues - the impact of your little shenanigans on those fence sitters is overlooked and therefore assumed as optimistic. This, sir, is the fount/source of overreach. As Lincoln noted, you cannot fool all of the people all of the time, and at some point the often-lurking fence sitters call you out on your bullchit.

And that is what happens with the fence sitters. They stay around until they have figured out what is bullchit and what is not bullchit, and are no longer amused by it, but bored. Then they leave and go elsewhere. And you will never ever know how many you have driven from even approaching your camp. Selah.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/q...rahamlin110340.
    Last edited by OGIS; 03-19-2017 at 09:10 PM.
    Wearing a mask with your nose sticking out is like wearing a condom on your testicles.

When out walking, look out for PROBlems. You know: maskless Plague Rats On Bicycles who blow past you without giving you time to get out of the way.

Ah, CONServatives, the Masters of Projection (MOPs). With CONServatives, every accusation is a confession. Weird, that.

............Oh, what fresh hell is this?
    ,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯
    ....... Not my circus, not my monkeys

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Russian theory? What is that theory, Mr. Silva? I was not aware that I had taken any position at all on a Russian theory. Please enlighten us all as to my thoughts on the matter.
    Well Mrs Silva, as you are a dyed in the wool lib, you are required to believe the Russians elected Trump, are you going on record denying it? Your pals will shun you if you do!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed that you have this funny little habit of hanging positions on people, and of putting words into their mouths... with nary a shred of actual evidence that the positions or words are, you know, true. Why is it that you do this? What do you think it accomplishes? Yes, yes, I know that it can derail a thread... but to what purpose? To shut down discussion of an uncomfortable subject? And what do you think that that accomplishes? Does it accomplish its twin goals of reinforcing the convictions of the True Believers, and also forestalling the questions of the "fence sitters"?

Answer: Yes, it does indeed bolster the fanaticism of the Faithful. However, I fear that - lost in the self-congratulatory circle jerk that ensues - the impact of your little shenanigans on those fence sitters is overlooked and therefore assumed as optimistic. This, sir, is the fount/source of overreach. As Lincoln noted, you cannot fool all of the people all of the time, and at some point the often-lurking fence sitters call you out on your bullchit.

And that is what happens with the fence sitters. They stay around until they have figured out what is bullchit and what is not bullchit, and are no longer amused by it, but bored. Then they leave and go elsewhere. And you will never ever know how many you have driven from even approaching your camp. Selah.

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/q...rahamlin110340.
    Well Mrs Silva, as you are a dyed in the wool lib, you are required to believe the Russians elected Trump, are you going on record denying it? Your pals will shun you if you do!
    I'm re-posting the entirety of my post, as your out-of-context copy of what I said is misleading.

Now for my answer. First, you have no farking idea in the world what I was talking about when I called you Mr. Silva, do you? Google "Silva Mind Control Method." It's an ancient but quite famous scam from the 50s/60s where - for the low LOW LOW price of whatever-the-$#@!-he-was-charging-in-those-days - you could attend a seminar (and buy the book, of course) that would teach you how to BEND YOUR BOSS TO YOUR WILL, MAKE BEAUTIFUL WOMEN OFFER THEMSELVES TO YOU, AND READ THE MINDS OF YOUR FRIENDS AND ENEMIES!" Dude made millions. And you, apparently, are woefully lacking in the Tribal Knowledge (another term for you to Google) that integrates you into being a useful and empathic member of society.

Second, no, I do not believe that the Russians literally elected Trump. Neither, actually, do any liberals I know, but that is another one of your silly Strawmen, so that's that, right?

Stop being stupid. You're better than that.
    Wearing a mask with your nose sticking out is like wearing a condom on your testicles.

When out walking, look out for PROBlems. You know: maskless Plague Rats On Bicycles who blow past you without giving you time to get out of the way.

Ah, CONServatives, the Masters of Projection (MOPs). With CONServatives, every accusation is a confession. Weird, that.

,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm re-posting the entirety of my post, as your out-of-context copy of what I said is misleading.

Now for my answer. First, you have no farking idea in the world what I was talking about when I called you Mr. Silva, do you? Google "Silva Mind Control Method." It's an ancient but quite famous scam from the 50s/60s where - for the low LOW LOW price of whatever-the-$#@!-he-was-charging-in-those-days - you could attend a seminar (and buy the book, of course) that would teach you how to BEND YOUR BOSS TO YOUR WILL, MAKE BEAUTIFUL WOMEN OFFER THEMSELVES TO YOU, AND READ THE MINDS OF YOUR FRIENDS AND ENEMIES!" Dude made millions. And you, apparently, are woefully lacking in the Tribal Knowledge (another term for you to Google) that integrates you into being a useful and empathic member of society.

Second, no, I do not believe that the Russians literally elected Trump. Neither, actually, do any liberals I know, but that is another one of your silly Strawmen, so that's that, right?

So is this a long winded way of saying there was no Russian involvement?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to resister For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (03-19-2017),stjames1_53 (03-20-2017),Tahuyaman (03-19-2017)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdriveSocial
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 76,962x in 55,590 Posts
    Mentioned
    700 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OGIS is proving to be a partisan hack.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

resister (03-19-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    OGIS is proving to be a partisan hack.
    True dat der!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is this a long winded way of saying there was no Russian involvement?
    Derp. LOL, no, it is not.

I always assume that only deliberately ignorant morons believe that the Russians had absolutely no impact on the 2016 elections. Perhaps I am wrong in your case. Of course they did! As did we with theirs. And both with those of France, Germany, the UK, Japan, Myanmar, etc. etc. etc. Nations do not exist in a vacuum, my friend, and they all do whatever they can, by hook or by crook, to influence and effect the politics of their neighbors. THAT is PoliSci 101 and really cannot be argued against without looking like a fool.

And "involvement" can be anything from fake way bills, fake/planted news articles, and Internet paid trolls, to the more fun and nasty stuff: false flag operations and actual tampering with the votes. And if all else fails, we (or they) fund a coup and put in the guy we want. All this is quite well documented, so much so that it is fairly common knowledge. We do it; they do it.

How much do the Russians affect the election? I have no idea, and (at this time) I don't think anyone else does, either.

But I am absolutely certain that they tried.

And I am fairly certain that they may have had some very limited success.

The Republic will survive.

,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

13. The Following User Says Thank You to OGIS For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (03-19-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As to the silva thing, yes I do, this is the second time you used it in one day. Interesting you admit that it is normal to tamper with elections.

So why the big hub bub?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to resister For This Useful Post:

stjames1_53 (03-20-2017)

+ Reply to Thread