User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 81

Thread: Ivanka Trump hit with Class-Action Lawsuit

  1. #1
    Points: 230,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    exotix's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    536377
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Starz Fall on Alabama !
    Posts
    40,572
    Points
    230,578
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    5,812
    Thanked 7,289x in 5,920 Posts
    Mentioned
    815 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Ivanka Trump hit with Class-Action Lawsuit

    Today

    Ivanka Trump Sued for Alleged ‘Unfair Competition” by Clothing Rival

    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-rival-n736041

    Ivanka Trump's clothing company has been with a class action lawsuit by a San Francisco rag trade rival who claims she is cashing in on her pop being President of the United States.

    Modern Appealing Clothing (MAC) says the First Daughter 's firm has also gained an "unfair advantage" from from her husband Jared "working for the President of the United States" and charged that President Trump, his trusted adviser Kellyanne Conway, and White House spokesman Sean Spicer have all helped boost sales of Ivanka Trump Marks LLC products.

    "That advantage is specifically prohibited by the Constitution and laws of the United States and the law of the State of California," MAC claimed in court documents filed last week in San Francisco Superior Court and first obtained by the International Business Times.

    Ivanka Trump and her "employees and agents have" been "exploiting the power and prestige of the White House for personal gain, including, but not limited to, piggy-backing promotion of defendant Ivanka Trump products on appearances at executive branch and other governmental events."

    MAC is seeking a restraining order that would bar any Ivanka Trump label clothing or accessories from being sold in California.

    "As a result of their unlawful acts, defendants have reaped and continue to reap benefits and illegal profits at the expense of plaintiff MAC and the Class it seeks to represent," the papers state.



    Lawsuit Inside







    Ivanka Trump, center, and her husband, White House senior adviser Jared Kushner, look on during President Trump's address






    'How and Why ?' ~ Einstein

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to exotix For This Useful Post:

    Bo-4 (03-21-2017)

  3. #2
    Points: 140,295, Level: 90
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 2,755
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    251671
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    61,829
    Points
    140,295
    Level
    90
    Thanks Given
    7,162
    Thanked 20,634x in 15,635 Posts
    Mentioned
    354 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol.....

  4. #3
    Original Ranter
    Points: 447,139, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    409765
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    137,902
    Points
    447,139
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    79,559
    Thanked 60,734x in 41,654 Posts
    Mentioned
    2129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This case is similar to the one where a restaurant is suing Trump for owning Trump Tower in DC and taking business away from his restaurant.

    I don't expect that either case will go anywhere.
    Alea iacta est

    Check out the blog.


  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

    stjames1_53 (03-20-2017)

  6. #4
    Points: 230,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    exotix's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    536377
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Starz Fall on Alabama !
    Posts
    40,572
    Points
    230,578
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    5,812
    Thanked 7,289x in 5,920 Posts
    Mentioned
    815 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuyaman View Post
    Lol.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    This case is similar to the one where a restaurant is suing Trump for owning Trump Tower in DC and taking business away from his restaurant.

    I don't expect that either case will go anywhere.
    Can we get you to comment on this ?



    'How and Why ?' ~ Einstein

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to exotix For This Useful Post:

    Bethere (03-20-2017)

  8. #5
    Points: 80,727, Level: 69
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Bethere's Avatar Banned
    Karma
    880603
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    19,837
    Points
    80,727
    Level
    69
    Thanks Given
    9,426
    Thanked 5,104x in 4,131 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exotix View Post
    Today

    Ivanka Trump Sued for Alleged ‘Unfair Competition” by Clothing Rival

    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...-rival-n736041

    Ivanka Trump's clothing company has been with a class action lawsuit by a San Francisco rag trade rival who claims she is cashing in on her pop being President of the United States.

    Modern Appealing Clothing (MAC) says the First Daughter 's firm has also gained an "unfair advantage" from from her husband Jared "working for the President of the United States" and charged that President Trump, his trusted adviser Kellyanne Conway, and White House spokesman Sean Spicer have all helped boost sales of Ivanka Trump Marks LLC products.

    "That advantage is specifically prohibited by the Constitution and laws of the United States and the law of the State of California," MAC claimed in court documents filed last week in San Francisco Superior Court and first obtained by the International Business Times.

    Ivanka Trump and her "employees and agents have" been "exploiting the power and prestige of the White House for personal gain, including, but not limited to, piggy-backing promotion of defendant Ivanka Trump products on appearances at executive branch and other governmental events."

    MAC is seeking a restraining order that would bar any Ivanka Trump label clothing or accessories from being sold in California.

    "As a result of their unlawful acts, defendants have reaped and continue to reap benefits and illegal profits at the expense of plaintiff MAC and the Class it seeks to represent," the papers state.



    Lawsuit Inside







    Ivanka Trump, center, and her husband, White House senior adviser Jared Kushner, look on during President Trump's address






    Nothing against her personally, but good.

  9. #6
    Points: 240,692, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Subdermal's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    184656
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,998
    Points
    240,692
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    13,718
    Thanked 5,370x in 3,869 Posts
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid leftists bring stupid lawsuits, demonstrating stupid leftists should stay out of business.

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Subdermal For This Useful Post:

    Evmetro (03-22-2017),FindersKeepers (03-20-2017),MisterVeritis (03-20-2017),resister (03-21-2017),stjames1_53 (03-20-2017)

  11. #7
    Points: 240,692, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Subdermal's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    184656
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,998
    Points
    240,692
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    13,718
    Thanked 5,370x in 3,869 Posts
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethere View Post
    Nothing against her personally, but good.
    What an asinine and illogical statement.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Subdermal For This Useful Post:

    MisterVeritis (03-20-2017),Starman (03-20-2017),stjames1_53 (03-20-2017)

  13. #8
    Points: 230,578, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    exotix's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    536377
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Starz Fall on Alabama !
    Posts
    40,572
    Points
    230,578
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    5,812
    Thanked 7,289x in 5,920 Posts
    Mentioned
    815 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Subdermal View Post
    Stupid leftists bring stupid lawsuits, demonstrating stupid leftists should stay out of business.
    What's stupid about it ?
    'How and Why ?' ~ Einstein

  14. #9
    Points: 182,938, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    153760
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    8,718
    Points
    182,938
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    2,838
    Thanked 6,393x in 3,908 Posts
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Subdermal View Post
    Stupid leftists bring stupid lawsuits, demonstrating stupid leftists should stay out of business.
    The gal who filed the suit needs to go after the snowflake who is heading up the #GrabYourWallet campaign that launched Ivanka's products into the limelight. That's the one who's responsible for citizens buying Ivanka's products at an increased rate.

    This suit isn't going anywhere, anyway. The gal has to prove damages and just because Ivanka is seeing success doesn't mean the people buying Ivanka's products would have bought hers. Likely, hers simply don't sell well because folks don't want them anyway.

    Like my attorney always tells me when I ask him if I should file a suit -- "You can sue the Pope for rape...but, you might not win."
    I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.
    ~Leonardo da Vinci

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

    stjames1_53 (03-20-2017),Subdermal (03-20-2017)

  16. #10
    Points: 240,692, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    Subdermal's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    184656
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,998
    Points
    240,692
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    13,718
    Thanked 5,370x in 3,869 Posts
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exotix View Post
    What's stupid about it ?
    Well, you certainly can't ask a stupid leftist, can you?


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO