Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why The Healthcare Bill Should And Did Fail

I read this article at Reason, a libertarian publication, and it explains perfectly why Trump's plan to "repeal and replace" Obamacare failed and should have failed.

In short, Trump is a dilettante when it comes to the substance of political policies. By all accounts, Trump has no knowledge of or interest in the details of his own healthcare plan. He seems far more interested in making a deal, any deal, than he does in learning what the policy actually entails and why people should support it.

Trump came into the office of the presidency with no understanding of or appreciation for the historical and legal minutia of the institution or the US government in general. I doubt he knows the difference between the Federalist Papers and Federal Express. If Trump has ANY hope of taking charge of the political agenda in DC, he better start educating himself on the details and substance of complex policies issues. Touting deals purely for their own sake simply isn't going to cut it.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

AZ Jim (04-03-2017),Green Arrow (03-24-2017),Peter1469 (03-24-2017)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,583x in 94,415 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It simply was not a conservative bill. And had it become one the moderates would not have supported it.

Let Obamacare cash then tell congress to come to him with a plan.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 581
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    decedent's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,794x in 2,008 Posts
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It failed because constituents -- Republican and Democrat -- told their representatives that they didn't like the bill. It had a 17% approval rating.

You probably don't want to know why they didn't like the bill, but it's safe to say that many could have been benefiting from Obamacare.

It turns out that taking healthcare access away from millions of people isn't going to be so easy after all.
    I have a big cook.

Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,249x in 27,870 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I read this article at Reason, a libertarian publication, and it explains perfectly why Trump's plan to "repeal and replace" Obamacare failed and should have failed.

In short, Trump is a dilettante when it comes to the substance of political policies. By all accounts, Trump has no knowledge of or interest in the details of his own healthcare plan. He seems far more interested in making a deal, any deal, than he does in learning what the policy actually entails and why people should support it.

Trump came into the office of the presidency with no understanding of or appreciation for the historical and legal minutia of the institution or the US government in general. I doubt he knows the difference between the Federalist Papers and Federal Express. If Trump has ANY hope of taking charge of the political agenda in DC, he better start educating himself on the details and substance of complex policies issues. Touting deals purely for their own sake simply isn't going to cut it.
    You read a hit piece. Nothing more.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put another way, Trump has no core political philosophy. He is not anchored by a set of principles that he can rely upon when issues become murky and complex. He's basically flying by the seat of his pants and taking a casual attitude towards governing. If I were Trump's adviser, I would badger him until he agreed to take a couple of weeks at Martha's Vineyard and read The Federalist Papers over and over again until it got into his bones. Unfortunately, Trump is not the kind of person who would ever agree to something like that. As far as he is concerned, he's got everything figured out and doesn't need the wisdom of a Hamilton or a Madison. Something tells me he probably doesn't even know who those guys are or why they would be worth reading.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Green Arrow (03-24-2017),Peter1469 (03-24-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    You read a hit piece. Nothing more.
    I read an article that describes Trump pretty well. I'm sorry if any criticism of dear leader is upsetting to you.
    --John Adams

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

Green Arrow (03-24-2017)

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,583x in 94,415 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Put another way, Trump has no core political philosophy. He is not anchored by a set of principles that he can rely upon when issues become murky and complex. He's basically flying by the seat of his pants and taking a casual attitude towards governing. If I were Trump's adviser, I would badger him until he agreed to take a couple of weeks at Martha's Vineyard and read The Federalist Papers over and over again until it got into his bones. Unfortunately, Trump is not the kind of person who would ever agree to something like that. As far as he is concerned, he's got everything figured out and doesn't need the wisdom of a Hamilton or a Madison. Something tells me he probably doesn't even know who those guys are or why they would be worth reading.
    I forget the name of the book- it was about politics in 18h Century Great Britain. It argued that Parliament didn't effective until everything became a horse trade. If I can recall the name of it, I will link to it here.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (03-24-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by decedent View Post
    It failed because constituents -- Republican and Democrat -- told their representatives that they didn't like the bill. It had a 17% approval rating.

You probably don't want to know why they didn't like the bill, but it's safe to say that many could have been benefiting from Obamacare.

It turns out that taking healthcare access away from millions of people isn't going to be so easy after all.
    I know why conservatives did not like the bill, because it left much of Obamacare's core failures in place.

The majority of the country has always been opposed to Obamacare, so getting rid of it makes good sense all around.

The problem is that Paul Ryan and the clueless Trump tried to slip Obamacare Lite past conservative Republicans and it did not work.
    --John Adams

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

MisterVeritis (03-24-2017),Peter1469 (03-24-2017)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    patrickt's Avatar Senior Member
    Living in Oaxaca, Mexico, born in Memphis and worked in Colorado
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think President Trump is trying but I can understand a lifelong Democrat not understanding that some Americans don't want the government to control their health care.

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    MMC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,163x in 27,727 Posts
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why AMAC Supports the House Plan to Repeal and Replace Obamacare

As a first step, the AHCA lays the necessary foundation for more robust and necessary changes to repeal Obamacare in its entirety.During our conversations with Freedom Caucus Republicans, House Leadership, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Trump Administration, AMAC has chosen to support the AHCA for the following reasons:

Obamacare is unsustainable

Elimination of the individual and employer mandates imposed by the Federal Government

Expanded use of Health Savings Accounts (HSA)

It protects those who had no choice but to get on an Obamacare Exchange

It’s a first step

Conclusion

Seniors have worked to take their country back and to ensure they leave a better, more prosperous future for their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. This first step in repealing and replacing Obamacare isn’t about a single bill—it’s about returning power to the states, shrinking the federal government, and putting health care decisions back into the hands of the patients.

Just as seniors have done in the past, if this process does not lead to the results we want—well, our track-record is pretty strong. We’ll hold our elected leaders accountable at the ballot box.....snip~

http://onenationhealth.org/2017/03/1...ace-obamacare/

Say Ta Ta.....goodbye.....C-ya, wouldn't want to be ya. To half the Freedom Caucus. We will dance on your early graves. Best go with cremation.

Oh and lets see any mope try and say AMAC isn't Conservative.
    Last edited by MMC; 03-24-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    History does not long Entrust the care of Freedom, to the Weak or Timid!!!!! Dwight D. Eisenhower ~

+ Reply to Thread