Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrassrootsConservative View Post
    Can you read my post and respond?
    Sure. You go first.
    Please note: verbage enclosed by < > indicates sarcasm

"There's class war alright. But it's my class that's making the war. And we're winning it." - Warren Buffet

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GrassrootsConservative's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,273x in 3,200 Posts
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bladimz View Post
    Sure. You go first.
    Post #39. You did not respond.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,397
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bladimz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,497x in 1,146 Posts
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The free market is not free if in collusion with government it's coerced and managed to death. What we're talking about are business exceptions to the rule of the free market, exceptions that use political means. But they, these business, are a necessary evil, government, which possesses and hands out power as favors, is the sufficient evil here.

Yes, yes, I know, some government is needed, but--and to solve this problem--it should be limited to protecting peoples' properties and rights--from business, sure, but also from itself.
    Which actually illustrates the part that governments all over the world play in the ongoing promotion of poverty to the benefit of themselves and big business.

"There's class war alright. But it's my class that's making the war. And we're winning it." - Warren Buffet

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,397
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bladimz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,497x in 1,146 Posts
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Poverty is created by big government.
    Bailouts for businesses that don't succeed within the free marketplace in a capitalist nation is big government.
    The problem is with your political party and the political parties of most of the world, not with us.
    Ok. This problem that we, that the world, is and has been living with, is outside the dome of ideologies. To blame poverty on the democratic party (i assume that's the one you mean... i am not a democrat...) is ignoring the bigger picture. As i had posted, 54 minutes into the video gives a pretty good example of what happens when a third world country tries to improve it's situation by "borrowing" funds from the World Bank. That's a recipe for true continuation of poverty.

This is not a republican vs. democratic thing. Not on the world stage, at least.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. This problem that we, that the world, is and has been living with, is outside the dome of ideologies. To blame poverty on the democratic party (i assume that's the one you mean... i am not a democrat...) is ignoring the bigger picture. As i had posted, 54 minutes into the video gives a pretty good example of what happens when a third world country tries to improve it's situation by "borrowing" funds from the World Bank. That's a recipe for true continuation of poverty.

This is not a republican vs. democratic thing. Not on the world stage, at least.
    Well what do you suggest we do about it?

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Canadianeye's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 254x in 164 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a radical suggestion: Take the G8s and every other nation who already contributes with foreign aid. Each contributing nation shaves 1/8 off of the usual financial portion of the aid, and directs it specifically towards their own nations poverty.

Design a lottery type system on desperately needy nations, and as a single acting agency, direct 6/8ths towards fixing the one country. Focus on fixing it right, from infrastructure to education, irrigation to environment and everything in between. After that, they are not in the lottery. The one 1/8 remaining for that year goes to the remaining nations, who didn't get selected this time. It is less, but it comes with more real hope. Of course one has to remember that foreign aid numbers are misleading. Excess of grain etc are incorporated into foreign aid numbers which is transcribed into monetary figures. Haven't looked too far into it, but I would guess that real hard currency is a small portion of the foreign aid numbers. So, from the political world, you are viewed as sitting pretty, as you have cut foreign aid by a sliver, but that sliver is being focused domestically on poverty. As well, you have created a system that can really fix severely ailing nations, possibly even once and for all.

Arguably, then there would be no cutting of social programs with the new found money, which, arguably should stop some tax hikes. The foreign aid pool would get smaller and smaller, the contributing nations pool should get larger and larger...so domestically and globally, poverty will be better addressed. Make a few defining guidelines regarding regimes and get at it.

Why is it a radical suggestion? Here is the complexity of just the US Foreign Aid explained. The current bureaucracy is as much an impediment as anything.

http://www.worldhunger.org/articles/...anderslice.htm (please sit down while reading the link)
    The time for just talk is done. Active recruiting of friends, relatives, co-workers and congregations is now critical. Be the Indy Voter making the difference. 7,501 groups formed. 3.5 million FB. Take back your schools, communities and country.http://www.freedomworks.org/

Yet social and economic alchemists on the progressive left press on, arrogantly believing they, despite overwhelming historical and real time evidence to the contrary..can turn collectivist lead into utopian gold - Webrockk

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well what do you suggest we do about it?
    well that's easy. He wants you and i to take care of it. And whatever we do is not gonna be enough.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    well that's easy. He wants you and i to take care of it. And whatever we do is not gonna be enough.
    Why should we take care of it? I'll sit them down and educate them, that's what I'd do.
    Teach a man to fish and he will be able to eat. Give a man a fish and he will keep wanting more free fish.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GrassrootsConservative For This Useful Post:

Calypso Jones (11-02-2012)

Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what he doesn't get is that regardless, disabled or not, Blad is not gonna be the recipient of any of this largesse. Matter of fact, he better get a gun because if he becomes more disabled and can't protect his place, someone is gonna come in and take it from him. Got a gun, Bladboy?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should we take care of it? I'll sit them down and educate them, that's what I'd do.
    Teach a man to fish and he will be able to eat. Give a man a fish and he will keep wanting more free fish.
    and that man wanting more fish will only take the fish from the man who knows how to fish.
    You cannot get rid of liberalism. It nestles in the minds of people who want something for nothing.

+ Reply to Thread