User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Trump, China, and North Korea

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,711
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesYour first GroupTagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Refugee's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,259x in 1,583 Posts
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Maybe you can't. What will the North Korean civilians fight with? Once an area has been taken the ROK Army can feed the North Koreans and provide medical care. What do you believe China will do?
    The reason the US and NATO have stopped ‘boots on the ground’ invasions is that they learned the hard way in places like Afghanistan and Iraq that you don’t just conquer and subdue by armed force and then try to westernise countries. Look back over the post war era; Vietnam and Korea and more recently Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria . . . all the billions spent, the lives lost and the invasions and bombings haven’t altered anything. What would NK fight with? This. http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asi...in-huge-parade That doesn’t mean they’d win, they certainly wouldn’t militarily, but this is a whole lot different from fighting Al-Queda in Afghanistan caves and a rag tag Iraq army. China doesn’t want, but is quite prepared for war and has already said so on numerous occasions if the US or NATO try to use armed force in their back yard – ditto Russia. Do they have a point? http://www.globalresearch.ca/russia-...-osten/5591044 In particular, look at the 2nd image down – ‘U.S. Bases near Russia’. That’s not defence and that’s why everyone is getting upset. I think that the west has to acknowledge that others too have ‘backyards’ and gone are the days of taking on a rag tag bunch armed with old AK47’s and losing at that. NK is one thing, but if that drags Russia and China in, both the US and NATO might live to regret it and they know it. It’s why NATO didn’t invade the Ukraine and despite all the bluster, the US didn’t do anything to stop China’s expansion in the South Sea Islands. NK is a failed state propped up by China and will back down if China says so. Taking out the nuclear facilities is one thing, but invasion is definitely one scenario that could lead to WW3.
    Last edited by Refugee; 07-10-2017 at 07:31 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Refugee For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-10-2017)

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,402x in 27,956 Posts
    Mentioned
    389 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refugee View Post
    The reason the US and NATO have stopped ‘boots on the ground’ invasions is that they learned the hard way in places like Afghanistan and Iraq that you don’t just conquer and subdue by armed force and then try to westernise countries. Look back over the post war era; Vietnam and Korea and more recently Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria . . . all the billions spent, the lives lost and the invasions and bombings haven’t altered anything. What would NK fight with? This. http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asi...in-huge-parade That doesn’t mean they’d win, they certainly wouldn’t militarily, but this is a whole lot different from fighting Al-Queda in Afghanistan caves and a rag tag Iraq army. China doesn’t want, but is quite prepared for war and has already said so on numerous occasions if the US or NATO try to use armed force in their back yard – ditto Russia. Do they have a point? http://www.globalresearch.ca/russia-...-osten/5591044 In particular, look at the 2nd image down – ‘U.S. Bases near Russia’. That’s not defence and that’s why everyone is getting upset. I think that the west has to acknowledge that others too have ‘backyards’ and gone are the days of taking on a rag tag bunch armed with old AK47’s and losing at that. NK is one thing, but if that drags Russia and China in, both the US and NATO might live to regret it and they know it. It’s why NATO didn’t invade the Ukraine and despite all the bluster, the US didn’t do anything to stop China’s expansion in the South Sea Islands. NK is a failed state propped up by China and will back down if China says so. Taking out the nuclear facilities is one thing, but invasion is definitely one scenario that could lead to WW3.
    I hate text walls.

What would the North Korean civilians fight with? Use your own words.

What do you believe China would do and why? Use your own words.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,558x in 94,978 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Refugee View Post

Focus on the last sentence.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Created Album picturesYour first GroupTagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate text walls. What would the North Korean civilians fight with? Use your own words. What do you believe China would do and why? Use your own words.
    I hate text walls too, but I’ve always had a problem with posting. At times it comes out ok, but often, no matter how much I try to paragraph, it just comes out as a block. I tried to edit around six times in that last post and got nowhere. I’ll try later, it’s just coming out in blocks again.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate text walls. What would the North Korean civilians fight with? Use your own words. What do you believe China would do and why? Use your own words.
    The North Koreans would fight with the military equipment in the last link
    http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asi...in-huge-parade

it’s only 42 seconds, watch that short vid in the link above – gone are the days of Korea and Vietnam with hordes of poorly armed soldiers running to their deaths.

Having that destroyed, they’d fight an occupier with the same basic weapons used in Vietnam, Korea, Iraq and Afghanistan. Think about this: The world’s best with the top military equipment on the planet all tried to beat a bunch of backward Islamists in Afghanistan and decades later they’re still trying. We can’t even
    stop fanatical bombings in Europe’s capitals, never mind defeat and occupy whole countries.

China would use military force and has already told the west it will do so. Not proxy wars as in Syria, but direct confrontation and that’s something that the west can’t win in China’s backyard. I believe that the western public is very complacent, as all the destruction, the shock and awe, all happen elsewhere, or on computer games. Places like Russia and China can take hits, but drop one missile in the US or Europe, stop welfare benefits for a month, or turn of the
    power for a week and the west will plunge into social anarchy. The west will fight wars elsewhere, with developing countries, but not at the risk of taking
    hits on its own soil if China threatened to join in.

The same phrases reoccur; we’ll invade em, take em over, and when we’ve done that . . . but it’s never succeeded anywhere it has been tried. The French in Indo
    China, the US in Vietnam, NATO in Afghanistan . . . it’s why the invasions have stopped. Kiev in the Ukraine was 434 miles from Moscow, Pyongyang (North Korea borders China) is 500 miles from Beijing – an invasion isn’t going to be allowed to happen, just as Russia stopped a NATO Ukraine invasion. North Korea will make excuses and back down if it gets too serious.

Despite all the ‘expert’ opinions and mass media hype on NK missiles being able to reach the US, the last tested missile on July 4th flew for 35 minutes before it
    came down. Their technology is still in its infancy. As I said before, it’s just another variation of Putin is a threat to humanity, Saddam has WMD’s and
    Assad has stockpiled chemical weapons. It will all blow over eventually.

My whole point is that you can’t subdue culture and indoctrination with military force. Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan . . . it doesn’t work.
    The main reason it will never happen is that I’m nearing retirement and will spend my days relaxing by the sea, not floating around as vaporised dust particles in
    the stratosphere!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Refugee For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (07-11-2017)

+ Reply to Thread