User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "...the word of God teaches us that ladies ... should not be in the pastorate."

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 2,058
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    OGIS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,647x in 2,130 Posts
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"...the word of God teaches us that ladies ... should not be in the pastorate."

Gosh. What should be done about the “false prophets” and “false teachers” that the Bible warns against?

Be specific.

American Pastors Network Denounces ‘Religious Left,’ Says Progressives Can’t Be Genuine Christians

A Reuters story about increasing political activism by the “religious left” since President Trump’s election annoyed some Religious Right pundits this week. On Thursday, the American Pastors Network’s Sam Rohrer, along with his guests Gary Dull and Dave Kistler, devoted their entire “Stand in the Gap” show to trashing the religious progressives highlighted in the Reuters story.

Rohrer was quite fond of his formulation that, unlike the Religious Right, the “religious left” is in fact “irreligiously wrong.” Rohrer and his co-hosts were not shy about judging the progressive religious activists as “false prophets” and “false teachers” that the Bible warns against.

Dull said that progressives deny the “authority of scripture” and a “biblical worldview” and he offered one possible explanation:
    I have found that a lot of the leaders and pastors, a lot of the pastors in this particular movement are ladies, and we believe as we look at the word of God in its true sense, that the word of God teaches us that ladies do not, well, they should not be in the pastorate.

Rohrer has previously said that having women in political leadership is a mark of God’s judgment upon a nation.

Kistler ticked off a list....

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/a...ine-christians
    Wearing a mask with your nose sticking out is like wearing a condom on your testicles.

When out walking, look out for PROBlems. You know: maskless Plague Rats On Bicycles who blow past you without giving you time to get out of the way.

Ah, CONServatives, the Masters of Projection (MOPs). With CONServatives, every accusation is a confession. Weird, that.

............Oh, what fresh hell is this?
    ,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯
    ....... Not my circus, not my monkeys

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more I read this, the more I realized that this is full-on, head-banging insanity. These people are literally delusional.
    Wearing a mask with your nose sticking out is like wearing a condom on your testicles.

When out walking, look out for PROBlems. You know: maskless Plague Rats On Bicycles who blow past you without giving you time to get out of the way.

Ah, CONServatives, the Masters of Projection (MOPs). With CONServatives, every accusation is a confession. Weird, that.

,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 105
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Subdermal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,374x in 3,871 Posts
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone seems to hate Christianity. The same someone who is part of the group that claims that Jesus is a liberal.

From where does this hatred emanate, OGIS? Did a priest touch you or something?

notice

Notice

Infraction for insulting innuendo.

If you have questions or concerns about this moderation action, please use the Report button to let us know.
    Last edited by Chris; 04-03-2017 at 07:32 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Subdermal For This Useful Post:

Evmetro (04-05-2017)

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,272
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    jimmyz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,315x in 4,381 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Questioning someone's beliefs or religious interpretation is a tail chasing exercise IMO.
    " I'm old-fashioned. I like two sexes! And another thing, all of a sudden I don't like being married to what is known as a 'new woman'. I want a wife, not a competitor. Competitor! Competitor!" - Spencer Tracy in 'Adam's Rib' (1949)

Art thou every retard among us related to thine uncle or mistress by way of moral or illegitimate rendezvous? Thus, we are one side of the other's coin by luck or pluck. - Jimmyz

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,593x in 94,421 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dominists are taking over.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

Bethere (04-03-2017),Mister D (04-03-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Subdermal View Post
    Someone seems to hate Christianity. The same someone who is part of the group that claims that Jesus is a liberal.

From where does this hatred emanate, OGIS? Did a priest touch you or something?
    yes. happy?

now could you, you know, address the topic?

or would you prefer to continue personal attacks, in defiance of the forum rules?

(and that last was a rhetorical question, as everyone on this forum already, sadly, knows the answer to it.)
    Last edited by OGIS; 04-03-2017 at 05:37 PM.

,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

9. The Following User Says Thank You to OGIS For This Useful Post:

Bethere (04-03-2017)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    Questioning someone's beliefs or religious interpretation is a tail chasing exercise IMO.
    do you question Islam?

,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    Dominists are taking over.
    not yet.

,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 793
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21,094x in 12,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Christians have been questioning the way other Christians practice the Faith literally since Day One of the current calendar. My Anabaptist ancestors were persecuted, exiled or killed by the Catholic authorities for doing nothing more radical than questioning the efficacy of infant baptism. This is nothing new, though the injection of politics into it - as politics does with most other things - just makes it uglier, stupider and more destructive.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” - Robert E. Howard

"Only a rank degenerate would drive 1,500 miles across Texas and not eat a chicken fried steak." - Larry McMurtry

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Christians have been questioning the way other Christians practice the Faith literally since Day One of the current calendar. My Anabaptist ancestors were persecuted, exiled or killed by the Catholic authorities for doing nothing more radical than questioning the efficacy of infant baptism. This is nothing new, though the injection of politics into it - as politics does with most other things - just makes it uglier, stupider and more destructive.
    Your Anabaptist ancestors were persecuted by the Protestant authorities because, like all stains of Protestantism, it was politically and cultural subversive. For some reason, moderns cannot wrap their minds around the fact that religious practice has always had ramifications for the political and social realms. Indeed, Martin Luther and his powerful sponsors, men far more interested in the political and economic benefits a break from Rome entailed, were shocked by the outbreak of rebellion and violence his ideas caused among the little people. The Protestant princes weren't having any of that.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (04-03-2017)

+ Reply to Thread