User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rant about multiculturalism

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,999
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Calypso Jones's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,860x in 6,374 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    Multiculturalism and diversity have the paradoxical effect of destroying culture and diversity. It's a mass leveling or homogenization if you will. It turns human beings into nothing more than consumers with no culture aside from Big Macs and reality TV. That's why American culture is in many respects so repulsive to foreigners.
    we got it from Europe.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,406x in 36,393 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    we got it from Europe.
    no, we gave it to them. They ape America not the other way around. That's why Cary and the kiwi spinster are so funny.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (11-03-2012)

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 653
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    truthmatters's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 125x in 113 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizzume View Post
    (This is a script I'm working on for a YouTube video that I may record tonight but I thought it would make good discussion)

Last year sometime I made a video about multiculturalism that I regret. At that time I still supported multiculturalism. I said really stupid things in that video, mainly my lame argument that since I enjoy a lot of things that come from other cultures, I must be enjoying the benefits of multiculturalism.

Well, that really was a really lame argument. One doesn’t need to live in a multicultural society to enjoy things that originally come from other cultures. I don’t have to know anything at all about Chinese culture to enjoy Chinese food. I’m left-handed; I shouldn’t feel guilty for using my left hand to eat food at a Middle-Eastern restaurant.

Maybe that sounds selfish because it IS somewhat selfish, but that’s part of human nature. We learn about our own culture first and foremost, and if we’re not going out of our way to offend people, it shouldn’t matter.

People who come to LIVE here should try to assimilate into our culture. They should learn about our culture and do their best to fit in.

It shouldn’t be the other way around, where they get to keep their culture fully intact and we’re supposed to learn about their culture in order to get along or communicate. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it’s a BAD thing to learn about other cultures, but it shouldn’t be a requirement unless YOU are the outsider, unless YOU are the one in a foreign country.

Some countries are $#@!holes as far as I’m concerned; propping up cultures from $#@!hole countries just doesn’t seem smart to me, and that’s kind of what multiculturalism does—it props up ALL cultures as being of equal value, and they’re CLEARLY not all of equal value. Some cultures are downright barbaric and quite frankly I hope they feel unwelcome here. We have high standards here and we shouldn’t set them lower to accommodate cultures from $#@!hole countries.

If you want the values from the country you came from and don’t want to learn ours, stay in your country, don’t come here unless you’re just visiting. If you live here and you want values that other countries have, move to one of those countries.

I’m glad that I live somewhere that I mostly have freedom of speech. Europe seems to be clamping down on that more and more and I’m really glad I’m not there. It’s not that I want to say terrible things, I don’t, but I’d like the FREEDOM to be able to.

Racist speech can land you in jail in parts of Europe, merely offending people can result in fines, I don’t doubt for a moment that blasphemy will eventually be something you can get arrested for, particularly with all the Muslims pouring into European countries who get mortally offended if you merely mention Islam without praising it. But I digress.

I’m FOR a melting pot, I’m against multiculturalism.
    The melting pot means you melt too NOT just " those icky foreigners".

You dont know what built this country.

you dont know much

Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteranRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, we gave it to them. They ape America not the other way around. That's why Cary and the kiwi spinster are so funny.
    know what? i'm gonna have to agree with you on this. For some reason i started thinking POLITICAL CORRECTNEsS which it all is of course, but i think i am going to have to agree with you on the multicultural origin as far as US is concerned. And even the definition of multi-culturalism in this country is not what it was originally intended.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    know what? i'm gonna have to agree with you on this. For some reason i started thinking POLITICAL CORRECTNEsS which it all is of course, but i think i am going to have to agree with you on the multicultural origin as far as US is concerned. And even the definition of multi-culturalism in this country is not what it was originally intended.
    Well, you're right. PC has reached levels (e.g. speech codes) that would never be tolerated here.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,120
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Deadwood's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,752x in 1,198 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster View Post
    I don't have a problem with different cultures. That's what has made America. The problem I have is when they come here and expect not to go by our laws every other American goes by. The requirements should be for all including knowing how to read and write simple English and go by the correct way to citizenship. Not by crossing the border or expect us to change our laws. If they don't like our laws they should stay away. No separate courts, if you are an American regardless of your beliefs.

And that is why, I believe, multiculturalism is not and cannot work in the US.

It works here. I live in the most diverse city in the world, the fact that blacks are one of the smallest minorities notwithstanding. Whites, or Europeans are the largest single group, but are not predominate, Here, in Vancouver, where federal law dictates English and French are the 'official' languages of the nation, English is the most spoken language at home, Punjabi second, and the combination of the Chinese dialects [Mandarin and Cantonese leading] are third, Tagalog, the language of the Philippines next, Hindi and Spanish tied for sixth and French seventh.

And there in lies part of the problem. The attempt to legislate culture has failed. The attempt by governments either directly or passively has been resisted, English speakers of all colors saw bilingualism as having something rammed down their throats -- to this day there is frustration and sometimes anger at mandatory packaging on French and English packaging and many, many complaints where the same announcements have to be repeated in both languages.

I believe multiculturalism has worked here because it had to. The Chinese came north from California for the northern gold rush and to build Canada's continental railroad. Indians came here to escape poverty and to take jobs others would not, Ukranians settled the prairies because they could grow grain like they never could before. And we had no police, [The NWRCP was a tiny force] virtually no government [Britain had abandoned the Northwest Territories long before the Civil war in the states and we had to get along.

Europeans dominated, but learned a bit about other cultures and the Eastern cultures assimilated.

Since 911, yes, there has been a problem with some middle east cultures, Muslims complain that women must remove their veils or Burkas to vote or when asked to by a police officer for legal reasons, but it isn't going to change anytime soon.

There is a slight under current of racist thinking sometimes...but it is mild, an irritation and rarely erupts to anything serious; a complaint about the turban worn by the guy in front of you at a hockey game, who usually changes seats with his wife when asked. y

But I agree....

Nothing gets the established communities here more incensed is when new immigrants try to bring their laws, petty squabbles and religious conflicts here to this land. And that push back comes from all cultures. The largest and most vehement push back against Sharia law came not from white Europeans, but Asians and Indians who proclaimed in general terms "we came here BECAUSE of Canada's laws. We don't want YOUR laws."

The mention of wanting to try it in Ontario cost the then Premier his job, his career and his party their future.

Canada is by nature vaguely defined but as the beer ads so clearly defined [and how Canadian to have a Beer company define us] "We are Canadian!" Even though no one seems to know exactly what that means.

Will that work in the US? Not any time soon, especially after four years of that hardening of the black/white attitudes we've seen under the current administration. No. Sad, but from this listening post it sounds like all sides have become more intolerant not less.
    Last edited by Deadwood; 11-03-2012 at 10:11 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deadwood For This Useful Post:

Kizzume (11-03-2012),oceanloverOH (11-03-2012)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you're right. PC has reached levels (e.g. speech codes) that would never be tolerated here.
    not to be obtuse, i just think it's trending in that direction....well. perhaps more pushed along by the left.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    not to be obtuse, i just think it's trending in that direction....well. perhaps more pushed along by the left.
    Obtuse? Hardly. There is a element that would very much like to make dissent a crime.

~Alain de Benoist

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    oceanloverOH's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,745x in 1,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an interesting subject and a great thread....thanks for posting, Kizz.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I must say that Kizz is a valuable contributor.

~Alain de Benoist

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

KC (11-03-2012),Kizzume (11-03-2012)

+ Reply to Thread