Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 185x in 118 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rant about multiculturalism

(This is a script I'm working on for a YouTube video that I may record tonight but I thought it would make good discussion)

Last year sometime I made a video about multiculturalism that I regret. At that time I still supported multiculturalism. I said really stupid things in that video, mainly my lame argument that since I enjoy a lot of things that come from other cultures, I must be enjoying the benefits of multiculturalism.

Well, that really was a really lame argument. One doesn’t need to live in a multicultural society to enjoy things that originally come from other cultures. I don’t have to know anything at all about Chinese culture to enjoy Chinese food. I’m left-handed; I shouldn’t feel guilty for using my left hand to eat food at a Middle-Eastern restaurant.

Maybe that sounds selfish because it IS somewhat selfish, but that’s part of human nature. We learn about our own culture first and foremost, and if we’re not going out of our way to offend people, it shouldn’t matter.

People who come to LIVE here should try to assimilate into our culture. They should learn about our culture and do their best to fit in.

It shouldn’t be the other way around, where they get to keep their culture fully intact and we’re supposed to learn about their culture in order to get along or communicate. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it’s a BAD thing to learn about other cultures, but it shouldn’t be a requirement unless YOU are the outsider, unless YOU are the one in a foreign country.

Some countries are $#@!holes as far as I’m concerned; propping up cultures from $#@!hole countries just doesn’t seem smart to me, and that’s kind of what multiculturalism does—it props up ALL cultures as being of equal value, and they’re CLEARLY not all of equal value. Some cultures are downright barbaric and quite frankly I hope they feel unwelcome here. We have high standards here and we shouldn’t set them lower to accommodate cultures from $#@!hole countries.

If you want the values from the country you came from and don’t want to learn ours, stay in your country, don’t come here unless you’re just visiting. If you live here and you want values that other countries have, move to one of those countries.

I’m glad that I live somewhere that I mostly have freedom of speech. Europe seems to be clamping down on that more and more and I’m really glad I’m not there. It’s not that I want to say terrible things, I don’t, but I’d like the FREEDOM to be able to.

Racist speech can land you in jail in parts of Europe, merely offending people can result in fines, I don’t doubt for a moment that blasphemy will eventually be something you can get arrested for, particularly with all the Muslims pouring into European countries who get mortally offended if you merely mention Islam without praising it. But I digress.

I’m FOR a melting pot, I’m against multiculturalism.
    Sorry--but I do not accept the idea that being intolerant of intolerance is THE SAME THING as being intolerant of anything else.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kizzume For This Useful Post:

IGetItAlready (11-03-2012),oceanloverOH (11-03-2012),roadmaster (11-03-2012),Trinnity (11-03-2012)

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 1,627
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    KC's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,042x in 2,810 Posts
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally enjoy learning about other cultures and societies.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Kizzume's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to learn about other cultures as well, but not everyone does. For the sake of getting along and communication, it should be up to the people coming to this country to learn other cultures, not the people already living here.
    Sorry--but I do not accept the idea that being intolerant of intolerance is THE SAME THING as being intolerant of anything else.

Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizzume View Post
    I like to learn about other cultures as well, but not everyone does. For the sake of getting along and communication, it should be up to the people coming to this country to learn other cultures, not the people already living here.
    I'm not for making anyone do anything, but I would always encourage people to learn about other cultures.

Luckily Americans are net exporters of culture, so to a certain extent first generation immigrants are probably already exposed to us.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Carygrant's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 282x in 246 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathaariancode View Post
    I'm not for making anyone do anything, but I would always encourage people to learn about other cultures.

Luckily Americans are net exporters of culture, so to a certain extent first generation immigrants are probably already exposed to us.

Which pop band do you think you have that could lamely try to support that belief ?
    I suspect that the outside intelligentsia would argue that US culture is almost non existent presently and that all of its past popular culture is now beginning to look like what it actually was from the start --- not very good .
    I would be interested to know where one might view recent American culture and how you are net exporter of something which barely exists from the consensus view point .

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 550
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    garyo's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 282x in 190 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, you're karma sucks.
    The best way out is always through.
    Robert Frost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to garyo For This Useful Post:

Deadwood (11-03-2012)

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Kizzume's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garyo View Post
    Wow, you're karma sucks.
    It's "your", and why would you say that my karma sucks? Because I'm honest about how I feel?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carygrant View Post
    Which pop band do you think you have that could lamely try to support that belief ?
    I suspect that the outside intelligentsia would argue that US culture is almost non existent presently and that all of its past popular culture is now beginning to look like what it actually was from the start --- not very good .
    I would be interested to know where one might view recent American culture and how you are net exporter of something which barely exists from the consensus view point .
    If you don't think we're net exporters of culture, it's because we coca-colonized your island a long time ago.

When I visited Japan, I went to a lot of record stores and music shops, hoping to pick up a few physical copies of some of the great Japanese bands I've heard via the web-- The Pillows, Ningen Isu, Yuzu, Ogre You $#@!, World's End Girlfriend-- stuff like that. To my dismay, the record stores were crammed with the same crappy rock bands and pop flavors of the month we have around here. The speakers blared Lady Gaga and Nelly. I found the Japanese bands I was looking for- stuffed away in a corner.

I'm not saying that my Japanese experience is concrete evidence that we're net exporters of culture in America. But ever since Europe was devastated in the two World Wars, America has been more than happy to throw it's weight around exporting our ideas as well as our culture.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KC For This Useful Post:

Deadwood (11-03-2012),Mister D (11-03-2012)

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,406x in 36,393 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathaariancode View Post
    If you don't think we're net exporters of culture, it's because we coca-colonized your island a long time ago.
    Ouch!
    I've tried to explain to Cary several times that his island is a US vassal and a colony at least in cultural terms. That's why I find his anti-Americanism so silly . He parrots the ideals of an American world order.
    Last edited by Mister D; 11-03-2012 at 08:57 PM.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Deadwood (11-03-2012),KC (11-03-2012),Peter1469 (11-03-2012)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,120
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Deadwood's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,752x in 1,198 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carygrant View Post

Presently?

As in future perfect tense? You did know that right? You weren't making the grade schooler's mistake of thinking 'presently' is the same as 'at present'?

So, you are asking what culture the US [not American you moron 'cause that includes Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, Chile et alia as it's all America stoopid] is ABOUT to export.

With that "superior intellect" you keep claiming I thought you would be able to predict that, but since you couldn't get past grade school grammar or $#@!ing geography I guess we can....

.................FLUSH................

$#@! can what you have to say

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadwood For This Useful Post:

oceanloverOH (11-03-2012)

+ Reply to Thread