Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 185x in 118 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rant about multiculturalism

(This is a script I'm working on for a YouTube video that I may record tonight but I thought it would make good discussion)

Last year sometime I made a video about multiculturalism that I regret. At that time I still supported multiculturalism. I said really stupid things in that video, mainly my lame argument that since I enjoy a lot of things that come from other cultures, I must be enjoying the benefits of multiculturalism.

Well, that really was a really lame argument. One doesn’t need to live in a multicultural society to enjoy things that originally come from other cultures. I don’t have to know anything at all about Chinese culture to enjoy Chinese food. I’m left-handed; I shouldn’t feel guilty for using my left hand to eat food at a Middle-Eastern restaurant.

Maybe that sounds selfish because it IS somewhat selfish, but that’s part of human nature. We learn about our own culture first and foremost, and if we’re not going out of our way to offend people, it shouldn’t matter.

People who come to LIVE here should try to assimilate into our culture. They should learn about our culture and do their best to fit in.

It shouldn’t be the other way around, where they get to keep their culture fully intact and we’re supposed to learn about their culture in order to get along or communicate. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it’s a BAD thing to learn about other cultures, but it shouldn’t be a requirement unless YOU are the outsider, unless YOU are the one in a foreign country.

Some countries are $#@!holes as far as I’m concerned; propping up cultures from $#@!hole countries just doesn’t seem smart to me, and that’s kind of what multiculturalism does—it props up ALL cultures as being of equal value, and they’re CLEARLY not all of equal value. Some cultures are downright barbaric and quite frankly I hope they feel unwelcome here. We have high standards here and we shouldn’t set them lower to accommodate cultures from $#@!hole countries.

If you want the values from the country you came from and don’t want to learn ours, stay in your country, don’t come here unless you’re just visiting. If you live here and you want values that other countries have, move to one of those countries.

I’m glad that I live somewhere that I mostly have freedom of speech. Europe seems to be clamping down on that more and more and I’m really glad I’m not there. It’s not that I want to say terrible things, I don’t, but I’d like the FREEDOM to be able to.

Racist speech can land you in jail in parts of Europe, merely offending people can result in fines, I don’t doubt for a moment that blasphemy will eventually be something you can get arrested for, particularly with all the Muslims pouring into European countries who get mortally offended if you merely mention Islam without praising it. But I digress.

I’m FOR a melting pot, I’m against multiculturalism.
    Sorry--but I do not accept the idea that being intolerant of intolerance is THE SAME THING as being intolerant of anything else.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kizzume For This Useful Post:

IGetItAlready (11-03-2012),oceanloverOH (11-03-2012),roadmaster (11-03-2012),Trinnity (11-03-2012)