User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Trump says he can’t be sued for violence at his rallies because he won the election

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    Lol, thanks for that - I think most people are unfair to boys. I remember me and my mates getting our names taken at the train station when it was a bunch of girls who were making all the noise. And if you never try anything, you never find out what you can do. Sure, I've ended up in hospital for trying stuff that didn't work out - but I'm still here and at least now I know. Lol, I remember fitting a model aero engine to the back wheel of my pushbike when I was 9 - it worked a treat until I realised that I had no way of closing the throttle downhill, and ended up in a fence (which my dad had to pay for). And the good thing that came out of that was my mum relented, and let my dad enroll me in Junior Motocross. He argued that if I was going to do stuff like that, it should be under adult supervision. My dad is pretty cool.

Anyway, I don't rebel - if I don't understand something, or I don't agree with something, I say so - and like who doesn't enjoy speed (the motorcycle kind)?
    Motocross is great fun - my nephew raced nationally for a couple of years. My husband still rides, but just recreationally -- no competitions. I'm sure your parents have bought all the gear you need to stay safe. And, I agree with your dad -- best to do those sorts of things under supervision.

I also think you're right that most people will unfairly assume a boy is the source of trouble, when it's often a girl doing it -- like your train station story.

Enjoy absolutely every minute of your teen years! You're a good kid and you have good parents.
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

William (04-18-2017)

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 2,684
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 26,625x in 16,267 Posts
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    Yep - the TURRIBLE teen thing with girls (AND boys) is a real thing.

Remember my daughter in LAW getting home from like 8th grade with a friend and telling her (loudly) after they were acting stupid ...

"It's okay, you don't have to listen to him .. he's not my Father."

But she just graduated Magna Bla (A+ GPA) from Harvard on scholarship and now has upper management job with UNICEF out of Seattle.

Girl spend 2 years in Peace Corp (a re-enlist) first Africa then Uzbekistan.

We get along great now and my blood daughter is making me proud as a soon to be radiologist.

There is no instant fix for kids who stray, but PARENTING is indeed BIG

So true!!!

Given some time -- and some credit -- most children come around. And, it's so fun watching them become incredible adults!
    ""A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul" ~George Bernard Shaw

+ Reply to Thread