User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
Results 111 to 119 of 119

Thread: Tax reform is DOA as long as Trump hides his

  1. #111
    Points: 117,479, Level: 83
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 2,171
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Tahuyaman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    246394
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Bremerton Washington or Sayulita Mexico depending on the time of year.
    Posts
    51,644
    Points
    117,479
    Level
    83
    Thanks Given
    5,833
    Thanked 15,354x in 11,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by decedent View Post
    He's an idiot who thinks "the left" doesn't know that he released the returns himself, but only the good parts that show he payed something.


    He needs to man up and fulfill his promise to release his tax returns.
    So, Trump fooled Maddow into embarrassing herself?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahuyaman For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (04-20-2017)

  3. #112
    Points: 182,938, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    153758
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    8,718
    Points
    182,938
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    2,838
    Thanked 6,391x in 3,907 Posts
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    Are you the IRS or my accountant? Am I running for public office of any sort?
    I do books. That's close enough. Right?

    You've somehow latched on to the idea that public officials should be beholden to the public in general when it comes to showing their income tax returns.

    The interesting thing about this is that discussing salary in many jobs is cause for dismissal. The reason? It's private. It doesn't matter if some folks choose to show their income tax statements to the world, it's not a requirement, and for most people, it's a private affair.

    I thought it was ridiculous when the birthers were calling for Obama's birth certificate, in light of the fact that a birth announcement appeared saying he was born in Hawaii. But, and this is a big BUT, at least birth in the nation is a requirement for the presidency. The birther movement was still ridiculous.

    The taxer movement is doubly ridiculous because there is absolutely no financial requirement linked to the provisions for becoming president -- or, for holding any public office.

    It makes you (and all those who participate) look silly and small -- even worse than the birthers looked.

    But, if you, and all the others, are comfortable wearing that hat -- more power to you. We've all seen how reluctant you are to release your taxes here on the forum. I wouldn't do it either. Somehow, I don't think that lesson has gotten through to you, though. I think I've wasted my time.
    I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.
    ~Leonardo da Vinci

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to FindersKeepers For This Useful Post:

    Peter1469 (04-21-2017)

  5. #113
    Points: 73,123, Level: 65
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Crepitus's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    1251476
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    28,296
    Points
    73,123
    Level
    65
    Thanks Given
    13,721
    Thanked 9,700x in 7,037 Posts
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    I do books. That's close enough. Right?

    You've somehow latched on to the idea that public officials should be beholden to the public in general when it comes to showing their income tax returns.

    The interesting thing about this is that discussing salary in many jobs is cause for dismissal. The reason? It's private. It doesn't matter if some folks choose to show their income tax statements to the world, it's not a requirement, and for most people, it's a private affair.

    I thought it was ridiculous when the birthers were calling for Obama's birth certificate, in light of the fact that a birth announcement appeared saying he was born in Hawaii. But, and this is a big BUT, at least birth in the nation is a requirement for the presidency. The birther movement was still ridiculous.

    The taxer movement is doubly ridiculous because there is absolutely no financial requirement linked to the provisions for becoming president -- or, for holding any public office.

    It makes you (and all those who participate) look silly and small -- even worse than the birthers looked.

    But, if you, and all the others, are comfortable wearing that hat -- more power to you. We've all seen how reluctant you are to release your taxes here on the forum. I wouldn't do it either. Somehow, I don't think that lesson has gotten through to you, though. I think I've wasted my time.
    You know your head would have exploded had Clinton or President Obama tried to pull this stunt.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

  6. #114
    Points: 182,938, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    FindersKeepers's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    153758
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    8,718
    Points
    182,938
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    2,838
    Thanked 6,391x in 3,907 Posts
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crepitus View Post
    You know your head would have exploded had Clinton or President Obama tried to pull this stunt.
    Not at all.

    Just as I opposed the birtherism around Obama, so would I have opposed attacking him (or anyone) over not releasing his taxes. There is no requirement for him to do so -- or, for Trump to do so.

    There are many ways to find out if someone financial entanglements -- looking at their income tax returns is not one of them.

    The hard Left has really outdone themselves with this taxerism thing.

    If you REALLY want to see a politician's tax returns, lobby to make it a law. Until then, you have nothing. But, I sincerely doubt you could ever get a law to pass concerning the release of tax returns because a person's income is a private matter. You understand that, which is why you have repeatedly refused to post your tax returns here.

    In my opinion, if someone is going to demand something of someone else -- they better be ready to step up to the plate, themselves.
    I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men.
    ~Leonardo da Vinci

  7. #115
    Points: 73,123, Level: 65
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Social1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Crepitus's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    1251476
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    28,296
    Points
    73,123
    Level
    65
    Thanks Given
    13,721
    Thanked 9,700x in 7,037 Posts
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    Not at all.

    Just as I opposed the birtherism around Obama, so would I have opposed attacking him (or anyone) over not releasing his taxes. There is no requirement for him to do so -- or, for Trump to do so.

    There are many ways to find out if someone financial entanglements -- looking at their income tax returns is not one of them.

    The hard Left has really outdone themselves with this taxerism thing.

    If you REALLY want to see a politician's tax returns, lobby to make it a law. Until then, you have nothing. But, I sincerely doubt you could ever get a law to pass concerning the release of tax returns because a person's income is a private matter. You understand that, which is why you have repeatedly refused to post your tax returns here.

    In my opinion, if someone is going to demand something of someone else -- they better be ready to step up to the plate, themselves.
    You are generally a very polite poster so I'm going to try to say this nicely, but I don't believe you. Every single conservative here would have had a massive, foaming, collective, fit if President Obama refused to release his taxes.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Crepitus For This Useful Post:

    Bethere (04-21-2017)

  9. #116
    Points: 83,765, Level: 70
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 1,085
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Karma
    2609922
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    GA/FL
    Posts
    36,085
    Points
    83,765
    Level
    70
    Thanks Given
    17,106
    Thanked 16,402x in 11,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    783 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    Tax returns are not public records. That is sufficient explanation.
    Neither is a birth certificate.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Safety For This Useful Post:

    Bethere (04-21-2017)

  11. #117
    Points: 66,363, Level: 62
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Bethere's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    879860
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    16,912
    Points
    66,363
    Level
    62
    Thanks Given
    8,377
    Thanked 4,361x in 3,530 Posts
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    Neither is a birth certificate.
    That's different.
    Everywhere that Bethere went his lamb was sure to go.
    "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome."


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bethere For This Useful Post:

    Crepitus (04-21-2017)

  13. #118
    Points: 83,765, Level: 70
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 1,085
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    Safety's Avatar Nationalist
    Karma
    2609922
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    GA/FL
    Posts
    36,085
    Points
    83,765
    Level
    70
    Thanks Given
    17,106
    Thanked 16,402x in 11,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    783 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FindersKeepers View Post
    Not at all.

    Just as I opposed the birtherism around Obama, so would I have opposed attacking him (or anyone) over not releasing his taxes. There is no requirement for him to do so -- or, for Trump to do so.

    There are many ways to find out if someone financial entanglements -- looking at their income tax returns is not one of them.

    The hard Left has really outdone themselves with this taxerism thing.

    If you REALLY want to see a politician's tax returns, lobby to make it a law. Until then, you have nothing. But, I sincerely doubt you could ever get a law to pass concerning the release of tax returns because a person's income is a private matter. You understand that, which is why you have repeatedly refused to post your tax returns here.

    In my opinion, if someone is going to demand something of someone else -- they better be ready to step up to the plate, themselves.
    So, you don't agree with this statement.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    A candidate for public office has no right to privacy. Every aspect of his or her life should be available for examination by the voters.

    If Trump is in fact being audited by the IRS, he should not be required to release them until the IRS completes the audit and closes the investigation.

  14. #119
    Points: 66,363, Level: 62
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 187
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Bethere's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    879860
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    16,912
    Points
    66,363
    Level
    62
    Thanks Given
    8,377
    Thanked 4,361x in 3,530 Posts
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safety View Post
    So, you don't agree with this statement.....
    images (3).jpg
    Everywhere that Bethere went his lamb was sure to go.
    "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome."


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO