User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: AG Sessions ~ 'Hawaii is just an island sitting the Pacific'

  1. #11
    Points: 28,192, Level: 40
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassSocial50000 Experience Points1 year registered
    stjames1_53's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    33512
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    10,703
    Points
    28,192
    Level
    40
    Thanks Given
    16,237
    Thanked 4,524x in 3,398 Posts
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exotix View Post
    Today

    Hawaii Lawmakers Fire Back at Sessions for ‘Island in the Pacific’ Comment

    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/poli...omment-n749126

    https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&s...#8217;+Comment


    Hawaii's two Democratic senators fired back at Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Thursday for saying that a federal judge who blocked President Donald Trump's immigration order hailed from "an island in the Pacific."

    "The suggestion that being from Hawaii somehow disqualifies Judge Watson from performing his Constitutional duty is dangerous, ignorant, and prejudiced.


    I am frankly dumbfounded that our nation's top lawyer would attack our independent judiciary.


    But we shouldn't be surprised," Sen. Mazie Hirono said in a statement.






    I'm pleased you didn't make up some stupid graph to accompany this stupid news story
    Everything is on its way to somewhere
    "The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
    - Thucydides

    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote" B. Franklin
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to stjames1_53 For This Useful Post:

    resister (04-21-2017)

  3. #12
    Points: 62,881, Level: 61
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,569
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    151217
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Arcadia Fl
    Posts
    22,859
    Points
    62,881
    Level
    61
    Thanks Given
    17,736
    Thanked 7,198x in 5,565 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stjames1_53 View Post
    I'm pleased you didn't make up some stupid graph to accompany this stupid news story
    lol
    I'll always be there to catch you when you fall.

    With love - The Floor!





  4. The Following User Says Thank You to resister For This Useful Post:

    stjames1_53 (04-21-2017)

  5. #13
    Points: 80,789, Level: 69
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,661
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    76058
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    26,791
    Points
    80,789
    Level
    69
    Thanks Given
    3,030
    Thanked 8,023x in 6,050 Posts
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exotix View Post
    Today

    Hawaii Lawmakers Fire Back at Sessions for ‘Island in the Pacific’ Comment

    http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/poli...omment-n749126

    https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&s...#8217;+Comment


    Hawaii's two Democratic senators fired back at Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Thursday for saying that a federal judge who blocked President Donald Trump's immigration order hailed from "an island in the Pacific."

    "The suggestion that being from Hawaii somehow disqualifies Judge Watson from performing his Constitutional duty is dangerous, ignorant, and prejudiced.


    I am frankly dumbfounded that our nation's top lawyer would attack our independent judiciary.


    But we shouldn't be surprised," Sen. Mazie Hirono said in a statement.






    You don't suppose that Sessions comment meant that the judge's home state was protected from the illegal immigration wave by thousands of miles of water do you? Wow, a non PC violating explanation.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

    hanger4 (04-21-2017),MisterVeritis (04-21-2017),stjames1_53 (04-21-2017)

  7. #14
    Points: 210,529, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    exotix's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    535853
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Starz Fall on Alabama !
    Posts
    38,055
    Points
    210,529
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    5,322
    Thanked 6,765x in 5,498 Posts
    Mentioned
    792 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    You don't suppose that Sessions comment meant that the judge's home state was protected from the illegal immigration wave by thousands of miles of water do you? Wow, a non PC violating explanation.
    You don't know Sessions like I do ... he's a klansman neo-nazi low-life piss-ant from Alabama.

    He stated this as 'Blacks in Alabama' or 'Mexicans in the U.S.' or 'Anybody not an inbred-white' ... doesn't belong here.



    It would be like me stating ... 'RWNJ's are on an Island on this Forum'



    LOL
    Last edited by exotix; 04-21-2017 at 07:29 AM.
    'How and Why ?' ~ Einstein

  8. #15
    Points: 18,907, Level: 33
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 743
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    299596
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,215
    Points
    18,907
    Level
    33
    Thanks Given
    968
    Thanked 5,699x in 3,351 Posts
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be refreshing to hear the occasional AG of a state like Arizona, Texas or Oregon dismiss a proclamation out of Washington as coming from "a failing, podunk little Southern town".
    "It is a foolish man who believes that he possesses all of the answers until he is absolutely certain that he has heard all of the questions."

  9. #16
    Points: 62,881, Level: 61
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,569
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    151217
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Arcadia Fl
    Posts
    22,859
    Points
    62,881
    Level
    61
    Thanks Given
    17,736
    Thanked 7,198x in 5,565 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    It would be refreshing to hear the occasional AG of a state like Arizona, Texas or Oregon dismiss a proclamation out of Washington as coming from "a failing, podunk little Southern town".
    Now why you wanna talk about arcadia like that?
    I'll always be there to catch you when you fall.

    With love - The Floor!





  10. #17
    Points: 18,907, Level: 33
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 743
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience Points1 year registeredSocial
    Standing Wolf's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    299596
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,215
    Points
    18,907
    Level
    33
    Thanks Given
    968
    Thanked 5,699x in 3,351 Posts
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resister View Post
    Now why you wanna talk about arcadia like that?
    Oh, I would never!

    According to this site, http://arcadia-fl.gov/ it's the "best small town in Florida".

    And it's on the Internet, so you know it has to be true.
    "It is a foolish man who believes that he possesses all of the answers until he is absolutely certain that he has heard all of the questions."

  11. #18
    Points: 62,881, Level: 61
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,569
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    151217
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Arcadia Fl
    Posts
    22,859
    Points
    62,881
    Level
    61
    Thanks Given
    17,736
    Thanked 7,198x in 5,565 Posts
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing Wolf View Post
    Oh, I would never!

    According to this site, http://arcadia-fl.gov/ it's the "best small town in Florida".

    And it's on the Internet, so you know it has to be true.
    It is a great town with a long history, it was known as tater hill bluff, until sometime around the civil war. We have a thriving Antuiqes district downtown. Local politicians are constantly infighting and the nepotisim runs deep, though.
    I'll always be there to catch you when you fall.

    With love - The Floor!





  12. #19
    Points: 5,656, Level: 17
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Abby08's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    44288
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    New Mexico and Arizona
    Posts
    2,528
    Points
    5,656
    Level
    17
    Thanks Given
    2,198
    Thanked 1,792x in 1,184 Posts
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the big deal? Hawaii IS an island in the Pacific.

    C'mon......so what, in the grand scheme of things, is it really so earth shattering? THIS is what people are focusing on?

  13. #20
    Original Ranter
    Points: 425,419, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 68.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    405141
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    131,827
    Points
    425,419
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    75,875
    Thanked 56,110x in 38,803 Posts
    Mentioned
    2074 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby08 View Post
    What's the big deal? Hawaii IS an island in the Pacific.

    C'mon......so what, in the grand scheme of things, is it really so earth shattering? THIS is what people are focusing on?
    It is manufactured anger.
    Alea iacta est

    Check out the blog.


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO