Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 185x in 118 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrassrootsConservative View Post
    I like it because it makes me feel powerful when I listen to it. I know that probably sounds really absurd, but it's true.
    Some people like happy, some people like sad, some people like... whatever... chill if you wanna call it that.
    I like heavy music, it soothes me in a way I can't explain. But it's all musical, rhythm, tempo, vocals (even if you don't enjoy them), but I know how you feel. I used to deny that Rap was music until someone very important to me explained what music is.
    I was trained in music and it's hard to throw away that training in order to listen to a type of music. Notes are really important to me, and when those are taken away, it's hard for me to think of it as music. I have a hard time with a lot of rap as well. I know that technically they're music but it's hard for me to think of it that way in my head. The thing I don't like about most rap is that if you listen to it without thinking about what the words mean, like if it was just gibberish lyrics, it's not very interesting, the words are absolutely *crucial* for it to make its point--don't get me wrong, there are some rap songs I really get into, especially when I can clearly understand the lyrics.

My mind is racing most of the time about stuff I'd rather not think about. When I hear grunty screaming cookiemonster-vocals metal with guitars that have so much distortion that notes aren't really a thing anymore, it makes me feel anxious and uncomfortable, something I take medications to try to calm.
    Sorry--but I do not accept the idea that being intolerant of intolerance is THE SAME THING as being intolerant of anything else.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kizzume For This Useful Post:

GrassrootsConservative (11-03-2012),oceanloverOH (11-05-2012)