Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,647x in 2,130 Posts
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the One Percenters sees the handwriting on the wall

Based on just this article, Jack Ma is either a highly ethical person, or simply one of the Global Elite that is intelligent enough to realize that regardless of how rich and powerful one is, one can still be hung up on a lamppost with your own intestines by the enraged, starving, jobless mob.

I disagree with his conclusion, that machines should only do what people cannot do. The whole point of mass automation and robotics is to eliminate the need to work.

Jack Ma Sees Decades of Pain as Internet Upends Older Economy

Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. Chairman Jack Ma said society should prepare for decades of pain as the internet disrupts the economy.

The world must change education systems and establish how to work with robots to help soften the blow caused by automation and the internet economy, Ma said in a speech to an entrepreneurship conference in Zhengzhou, China.

“In the next 30 years, the world will see much more pain than happiness,” Ma said of job disruptions caused by the internet. “Social conflicts in the next three decades will have an impact on all sorts of industries and walks of life.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-older-economy
    Last edited by OGIS; 04-24-2017 at 01:16 AM.
    Wearing a mask with your nose sticking out is like wearing a condom on your testicles.

When out walking, look out for PROBlems. You know: maskless Plague Rats On Bicycles who blow past you without giving you time to get out of the way.

Ah, CONServatives, the Masters of Projection (MOPs). With CONServatives, every accusation is a confession. Weird, that.

............Oh, what fresh hell is this?
    ,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯
    ....... Not my circus, not my monkeys

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The whole point of robotics is to accomplish cheaper what liberal societies insist on forcing beyond market rates what that labor is actually worth.

If the premise here is that we get robots to do all our work then we can all sit around and smoke pot and surf the net, rejected. That is a society that I would immediately evacuate.

Artificially forcing unskilled, uneducated labor to wage rates more than double what the market would otherwise demand is greasing the skids for automation.

Those with ambition and some smarts will evolve with the changing industry and educate, train themselves in robotics industries and produce. Those who strive to sit around all day smoking pot and playing video games will be nothing more than a drain on society.

Hopefully Trump turns these peoples lifelines off.
    my junk is ugly

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 2,058
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    OGIS's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    The whole point of robotics is to accomplish cheaper what liberal societies insist on forcing beyond market rates what that labor is actually worth.

If the premise here is that we get robots to do all our work then we can all sit around and smoke pot and surf the net, rejected. That is a society that I would immediately evacuate.

Artificially forcing unskilled, uneducated labor to wage rates more than double what the market would otherwise demand is greasing the skids for automation.

Those with ambition and some smarts will evolve with the changing industry and educate, train themselves in robotics industries and produce. Those who strive to sit around all day smoking pot and playing video games will be nothing more than a drain on society.

Hopefully Trump turns these peoples lifelines off.

First, the only person talking about increasing the minimum wage in this thread is you.

Second, I strongly suspect that people in such a post-scarcity society would kick your sorry butt out of it long before you got the gumption to leave under your own power.

Third, the whole point of having machines do all the work is to free up human time for self improvement and self-fulfillment. But don't believe me; let Aristotle speak from 2,400 years ago:

Attachment 17967
    http://abcdunlimited.com/liberty/refs/aristotle.html

That you cannot envision such a state of being goes without saying, and speaks more to your impoverished intellect.

Fourth, you said "Hopefully Trump turns these peoples lifelines off." And that, sir, speaks to your impoverished empathy.

Lacking in both intellect and empathy is a sucky way to go through life, son.

Yes, indeed, you better hope that they die quickly... or that wiser heads than yours (or Trump's) prevail. Otherwise, if no provision is made for retraining the minimum wage jobless who have no money to pay for re-education, you may someday be watching the world from the top of a pike, placed there by the enraged mob.
    Last edited by OGIS; 04-24-2017 at 12:21 AM.
    Wearing a mask with your nose sticking out is like wearing a condom on your testicles.

When out walking, look out for PROBlems. You know: maskless Plague Rats On Bicycles who blow past you without giving you time to get out of the way.

Ah, CONServatives, the Masters of Projection (MOPs). With CONServatives, every accusation is a confession. Weird, that.

,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 581
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    decedent's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,794x in 2,008 Posts
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're quickly shifting our mixed economy to a technocracy where the technocrats have the wealth and influence. They tend to be young, intelligent, and liberal. Bezos, Zuckerberg, Page, and Brin are all among the top 10 wealthiest Americans, and are all young, intelligent, and (to my knowledge) liberal. I think Page is the smartest of all of them.

People cheering for smaller income and gains taxes and booing wealth and inheritance taxes are only making these liberals richer.
    Last edited by decedent; 04-24-2017 at 12:30 AM.
    I have a big cook.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,327
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 10,122x in 7,595 Posts
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by decedent View Post
    We're quickly shifting our mixed economy to a technocracy where the technocrats have the power and influence. They tend to be young, intelligent, and liberal. Bezos, Zuckerberg, Page, and Brin are all among the top 10 wealthiest Americans, and are all young, intelligent liberals. I think Page is the smartest of all of them.
    LOL, if that were so, they would be in power (libs, that is)

How has that been working out, lately?
    There is no God but Resister and Refugee is his messenger’.

Book of Democrat Things, Chapter 1:1

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're quickly shifting our mixed economy to a technocracy where the technocrats have the power and influence. They tend to be young, intelligent, and liberal. Bezos, Zuckerberg, Page, and Brin are all among the top 10 wealthiest Americans, and are all young, intelligent, and (to my knowledge) liberal. I think Page is the smartest of all of them.

People cheering for smaller income and gains taxes and booing wealth and inheritance taxes are only making these liberals richer.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're quickly shifting our mixed economy to a technocracy where the technocrats have the power and influence. They tend to be young, intelligent, and liberal.
    That is, indeed, one of the trends. However that techniariat is and will be hobbled by the One Percenters. Economic activity has three legs: capital ($$$), finance (sources of borrowed $$$), and labor (which includes the labor of both employees and the owners of the businesses where they work). The move to automation is strengthening the roles of the first two and reducing the role of labor. Those changes are the base cause, IMO, of the increase in wealth flowing to the One Percenters (they are the ones that own the businesses and the banks). Yes, the techniariat will still have jobs, but I do not think they will be in positions to actually affect much. They will be, in effect, tech-serfs.

The changes are going to have to come from the minority of One Percenters who are not sociopaths and see the handwriting on the walls.................
    Last edited by OGIS; 04-24-2017 at 01:30 AM.

,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 581
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassVeteran
    decedent's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,794x in 2,008 Posts
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by resister View Post
    LOL, if that were so, they would be in power (libs, that is)

How has that been working out, lately?
    Guess who recently donated over $500 million to Planned Parenthood. Who else has that kind of money for a single donation?
    Last edited by decedent; 04-24-2017 at 12:40 AM.
    I have a big cook.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see you had second thoughts about your post and deleted it.

That's OK; I got an email with it:

Resister said: "LOL, if that were so, they would be in power (libs, that is). How has that been working out, lately?"

Well, no, they would not be in power. They do not own either the businesses, nor that banks. They are employees. Without changes, they will evolve into technocrat serfs.

So you're being superior and snarky... but then decided not to post it?

,,,........¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OGIS View Post
    I see you had second thoughts about your post and deleted it.

That's OK; I got an email with it:

Resister said: "LOL, if that were so, they would be in power (libs, that is). How has that been working out, lately?"

Well, no, they would not be in power. They do not own either the businesses, nor that banks. They are employees. Without changes, they will evolve into technocrat serfs.

So you're being superior and snarky... but then decided not to post it?
    Are you confused? Your man decedant did that, not me, just like you have done tonight, care to address that? I quoted him to preserve the record, good idea to do with you also.

+ Reply to Thread