User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very Little Race Card Play This Election

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,120
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Deadwood's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,752x in 1,198 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The racism card is not gone...it is just less prominent.

The Obama camp has done an effective job of distancing themselves from the accusations, but it is still being played by the extreme left by whites and blacks alike, white whites supporting the ideas that opposition to Obama is racist in nature.

Here in Canada a national program just ran an interview with a woman political scientist who purported that that ANY and ALL criticisms of Obama and his policies is racist in nature. She attempted to cite deep rooted fears whites have held since the slaves were freed...until the moderator, a left meaning moderate, reminded her that there is a lot of criticism of Obama in Canada and there has never been ANY slavery here, that Canada was the destination of the "underground railway" .

It was foolish and stupid and I am sure the CBC ran it for two reasons: to show the whole thing for what it is, a sick straw man and, to demonstrate the racist nature developing and growing south of our border.

Frankly, it is scaring the $#@! out of me.

It's there and I will not be surprised if there are not race riots if Obama loses.

Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I assume that we can all recall when half of the Democratic Party [including media outlets] called Bill and Hillary Clinton racists for Barack Obama's benefit during the nomination process and we certainly recall how John McCain's every word, gesture, and expression was fanatically vetted by the pro-Obama media outlets to see if ANYTHING could possibly be 'interpreted' as racist for Obama's political benefit. So in this 2012 campaign where has all the chronic race-baiting by leftwing political journalists and pundits gone?

It's no longer politically advantageous for Barack Obama and for his re-election efforts. But why? Because for the last five years [if you count most of 2008] those very same pro-Obama media wonks and pundits cried "Racist!" or "Racists!" nearly every time Obama screwed-up until they finally reached and then exceeded the public's saturation point and tolerance for that sort of thing in regards to politics. In other words . . . don't keep falsely crying "Wolf!" all the damn time without occasionally producing something that everybody can agree really is a slavering, snarling, snapping wolf with blood stained jaws.

The pro-Obama press and punditry class simply overplayed their hand in regards to the "Racists!" ploy where this inveterate screw-up of a president was concerned and whether or not Obama succeeds in getting re-elected the cynical kneejerk playing of the race card by leftwing media wonks has finally played itself out. People no longer believe in their howls and are no longer responding in the traditional manner.

In the final days of this campaign two personalities separately produced one last effort each at making their traditional race card play make a difference. Tom Scocca is the third tier journalist and Chris Rock is the second tier comedian slash failed actor. Scocca made no bones about it that anyone White voting for Romney is probably a racist to some extent though he struggled to couch that in pseudo psychological babble and a flurry of like-minded leftwing pushers of that brand of leftwing heroin. http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/scocca/2012/11/mitt_romney_white_vote_parsing_the_narrow_tribal_a ppeal_of_the_republican.html

As for Chris Rock [who's ironically noted for being an anti-White racist in his comedy routines] produced a video segment explaining to Whites that it's okay to vote for Obama since in every way that matters the guy with the dark skin coloring is actually Whiter than Romney where it really matters:

But here's the deal; if Obama had been a competent president and had he run a competent campaign then he would have been in no danger where Romney's challenge is concerned. But voters don't like losers and that alone explains why Obama is in such huge trouble in his re-election bid. Racism has got nothing to do with it . . . and the voters know that.
    Thanks, but I avoid Chris Rock at all cost...he is an untalented no body who has made a name for himself by being racist.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadwood For This Useful Post:

GrassrootsConservative (11-04-2012)

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    GrassrootsConservative's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,273x in 3,200 Posts
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Thanks, but I avoid Chris Rock at all cost...he is an untalented no body who has made a name for himself by being racist.
    He was only funny in Dogma, and that wasn't his doing, but Kevin Smith's.

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 995
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation First ClassTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    Trinnity's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,832x in 1,323 Posts
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    You are correct because qualitatively there was no difference between John Edwards and Barack Obama in meaningful political background except that Edwards was technically slightly more qualified.
    Maybe it would seem so, but not really. He was an ambulance chaser. He got elected and immediately began campaigning for president just like Obama. A liar and narcissist, just like Obama. They're a lot alike except for he was not as far left as Obama. I've lived in Carolina almost 20 years now - and I would know.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    patrickt's Avatar Senior Member
    Living in Oaxaca, Mexico, born in Memphis and worked in Colorado
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    there is NO race card.

Racism is not a game.

This is about your fellow human beings who have a right to speak up when they feel mistreated.

Why is it you people have to try and reduce it to a game?

Cant you understand human relations?

Are you dead inside?

Its not a game.

grow up
    And, Chicago does mean "black". Grow up, Truthdoesn'tmatter. The little boy saying, "We'll go back to picking crops." Nope, no race card. Trayvon Martin. Nope, no race card. Did you sleep through all the "dog whistle" nonsense? Did you also sleep through the frequent "the only reason Republicans oppose Obama is that he's black." Missed that, too, huh?

The liberals are desperate to keep America divided and a major divide they perpetuate is what they call the Race War. Nope, no race card playing. It's as much a myth as Democrat election fraud, right, Truthdoesn'tmatter?
    Last edited by patrickt; 11-04-2012 at 01:52 PM.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience Points
    roadmaster's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,300x in 4,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's there and I will not be surprised if there are not race riots if Obama loses.
    Yes and many are prepared for this. Some are even hoping they do and there numbers are getting stronger. Why people would riot over an election, it's childish.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    patrickt's Avatar Senior Member
    Living in Oaxaca, Mexico, born in Memphis and worked in Colorado
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fear and Loathing: "It's there and I will not be surprised if there are not race riots if Obama loses."

I would be very surprised. I would be less surprised to see the OWS nitwits try to riot.

On the other hand, I will be shocked if the racist liberals aren't threatening riots before election day.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    Fear and Loathing: "It's there and I will not be surprised if there are not race riots if Obama loses."

I would be very surprised. I would be less surprised to see the OWS nitwits try to riot.

On the other hand, I will be shocked if the racist liberals aren't threatening riots before election day.
    Actually there already have been threats of riots if Obama loses and death threats on twitter against Romney.

OWS is a spent force, although I would not put it past some slugs and misfits to try to mix it up under that banner

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,195
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    ptif219's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 372x in 312 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    No you are a sociopath if you think race relations are a game.

Do yoiu claim there is NO real racism in this country?
    It is more politics than rights

Obama lost the race card playing to gay's and the anti religion card

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/0...-gay-marriage/
    Last edited by ptif219; 11-04-2012 at 09:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread