Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 348x in 195 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    I wonder if not having gas, water, and other essentials will keep people from the polls.

Obama is dependent on turning out his core support ....
    Fear, old pal, I suspect (quite rightly) that the only one's dissuaded from their civic duty would be libturds. Sadly, NY and NJ are pretty much locked in for Chimpy. Although, the winds of change often carry long distances, into odd corners and hovels.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,120
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Deadwood's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,752x in 1,198 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    Fear, old pal, I suspect (quite rightly) that the only one's dissuaded from their civic duty would be libturds. Sadly, NY and NJ are pretty much locked in for Chimpy. Although, the winds of change often carry long distances, into odd corners and hovels.

Be advised my friend that he was challenged on this in Ohio, where the local press would have made an issue of it,

Agreed, NY, where my vote goes, and NJ are blue...the effect could roll across....

Attachment 246

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Canadianeye's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 254x in 164 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bladimz View Post
    Well, it's a little early to equate this storm and FEMA's response to the Katrina disaster, i think. But i have a home smack in the middle of Long Beach Island, which took the full fury of Hurricane Sandy. We will not be allowed onto the island until notified to even make some assessment of personal damage. The Nor'easter expected along the coast this coming wednesday will affect schedules, and back it all up even further. That said, we have been getting calls daily from FEMA headquarters giving us updates and current status on utilities, road conditions, safety hazards, etc. One call even warned homeowners to watch for, yes, snakes, as they survey their properties. So far, it looks to me like FEMA's on this pretty good. At least that's what i'm seeing.

I don't see this as any impact on tuesday's election.
    I am sure the gulf coast region citizens from the massive BP oil spill....are very pleased to see Mr. Obama react so quickly in an election year to this Sandy disaster. None of them would be making a comparison at all, I'm sure.
    The time for just talk is done. Active recruiting of friends, relatives, co-workers and congregations is now critical. Be the Indy Voter making the difference. 7,501 groups formed. 3.5 million FB. Take back your schools, communities and country.http://www.freedomworks.org/

Yet social and economic alchemists on the progressive left press on, arrogantly believing they, despite overwhelming historical and real time evidence to the contrary..can turn collectivist lead into utopian gold - Webrockk

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    shaarona's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 444x in 384 Posts
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    He isn't looking so presidential over hurricane Sandy anymore.

There was that video of him watching the storm unfold from the safety of the situation room, and the New Jersey photo op with the diet challenged governor there, but since?

The fallout is almost as bad from Sandy as it was from Katrina....and now, The One is taking some heat at a time when he needs every $#@!ing vite he can get.

The president then pivoted quickly....

Now there is something new [we sooo need a sarcasm font]

What's amusing is he was hit on it in Ohio while the floods, water shortages, gas rationing and food shortages ravage the coastal areas....

This could make the difference.
    No its not as bad as Katrina.. Have you forgotten the people in the stadium.. the refugees in Texas? The death toll?

Katrina went on for months.....

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianeye View Post
    I am sure the gulf coast region citizens from the massive BP oil spill....are very pleased to see Mr. Obama react so quickly in an election year to this Sandy disaster. None of them would be making a comparison at all, I'm sure.
    How exactly did you expect Obama to stop the oil gushing into the Gulf? You may not know that oil companies clean up oil spills.. the government doesn't have the equipment or the experience.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    patrickt's Avatar Senior Member
    Living in Oaxaca, Mexico, born in Memphis and worked in Colorado
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only albatross for President Obama is President Obama. He's tried to distance himself from President Obama and suck up to Candidate Obama but I really don't think it's worked.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Canadianeye's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 254x in 164 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaarona View Post
    How exactly did you expect Obama to stop the oil gushing into the Gulf? You may not know that oil companies clean up oil spills.. the government doesn't have the equipment or the experience.
    Cited as the greatest environmental disaster to hit the United States, and it happened on April 20th 2010. The Prez showed up on May 2nd 2010 to the spill. It was all the media could talk about, left media and right. Try to keep up, and stop deflecting. I didn't say anything about who can control what regarding the oil spill.

Now, Presidents can't control weather either, but he certainly was in New Jersey in a flash, during his election, which is the point you seemed to have missed shaarona.
    The time for just talk is done. Active recruiting of friends, relatives, co-workers and congregations is now critical. Be the Indy Voter making the difference. 7,501 groups formed. 3.5 million FB. Take back your schools, communities and country.http://www.freedomworks.org/

Yet social and economic alchemists on the progressive left press on, arrogantly believing they, despite overwhelming historical and real time evidence to the contrary..can turn collectivist lead into utopian gold - Webrockk

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadianeye View Post
    Cited as the greatest environmental disaster to hit the United States, and it happened on April 20th 2010. The Prez showed up on May 2nd 2010 to the spill. It was all the media could talk about, left media and right. Try to keep up, and stop deflecting. I didn't say anything about who can control what regarding the oil spill.

Now, Presidents can't control weather either, but he certainly was in New Jersey in a flash, during his election, which is the point you seemed to have missed shaarona.
    Sometimes politicians need to stay out of the way... as was the case re: Deepwater Horizon... Every oil company around the world was trying to figure out how to stop the oil flow.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    patrickt's Avatar Senior Member
    Living in Oaxaca, Mexico, born in Memphis and worked in Colorado
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaarona View Post
    It's been awhile but wasn't there some excitement about the federal government preventing barges with booms to contain the spill from leaving port until they'd all been inspected? Wasn't there some scandal about the unions preventing assistance from other countries? Wasn't President Obama publicly furious at Gov. Jindal for being critical of the federal response? Wasn't there a problem about the federal government preventing dikes being built to protect bayous and wetlands?

I seem to remember, too, President Obama promising to "keep my boot on their throat" referring to BP.

I'm just going on memory because it's not worth spending a lot of time responding to your silly post.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 749
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    coolwalker's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 663x in 504 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)