Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,542x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Perhaps you could field the questions, Pete. It's obvious I'm not going to get answers otherwise.
    We have discussed this in many threads. In short, Saddam blocked Iranian power.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 3,963
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteran
    donttread's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 20,647x in 14,858 Posts
    Mentioned
    319 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll add that then to facts, what actually happened, and reality for what doesn't work for you.

It's quite the opposite, @donttread I absolutely "get it." I know why you want to be left alone. I fully understand the "why should I", the "leave me alone". I predicted it, in fact, have fully expected it even giving a fairly accurate estimate on how many posts it would take you to ask to be left alone. To run away like you do every time. Not only do I get it, donttread, but you get it too. You know you're not well informed on the topic matter, you question blast in order to control the argument....and when someone highlights that obvious tactic, you melt like an ice cube in desert heat.
    I told you it didn't matter if you answered my questions or not, I'm good either way....and it's because I indeed do get it. I actually already know the correct answers to the questions I'm asking you, I already as well know you don't know the answers. But more importantly, you know you don't know the answers, you fear being schooled by me.

If yer then just say yer Cause I get it, ok?
    Sigh, @Ransom just this one more time.

1) Do you even know what Wizzard's First rule is?
    2) I'm done.I've answered your questions until I'm blue in the face but you keep asking them repeatedly anyway. I keep pointing out the miserable failures that I percieve to be the effects of modern day intervention and all you can say is "We shoulda been EVEN more warlike!
    3) You keep relating tactics that worked a lifetime ago to modern war and I keep pointing out that they have rarely worked in decades.
    3) I'm not running away and if I was it would be the FIRST time, but then you are well aware that perception matters more than reality to most which is why you post the way you do. .

There is no point continuing to converse. I have stated my positions you have stated yours.We disagree at the very core of our beings. So I'll be responding to you much less from now on. There is no point.
    If somehow your arrested development neocon ego demands that you call that some sort of victory, I don't give a $#@!. I have a fully developed , adult ego. So if you want to chaulk up this thread as a "win" vs. a discussion ( which is how I imagine you view most aspects of your life) go for it.

I simply cannot listen to you say the same stuff over and over again anymore. I see no point in hearing you justify the failures of our aggression by claiming we were not aggressive enough! Or use war history from a time gone by to justify modern interventionism .
    And I seriously doubt ANYBODY has ever "feared being schooled by you" . Or to put it plainly : Get the $#@! over yourself! I'm just tired ransom. I come here for lively debate and interaction and seem to get along with most members most of the time ( definitely not all the time) I felt I had to add that due to your propensity for turning "sometimes" into "always"
    So find someone else to bother, "enlighten" , save or whatever you want to call it. There is no point in addressing your post to or at me any longer.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to donttread For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (05-18-2017)

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 1,125
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ransom's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 15,098x in 10,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by donttread View Post
    Sigh, @Ransom just this one more time.

1) Do you even know what Wizzard's First rule is?
    Oh look, another question rather than an answer.....how.....odd.
    2) I'm done.I've answered your questions until I'm blue in the face but you keep asking them repeatedly anyway. I keep pointing out the miserable failures that I percieve to be the effects of modern day intervention and all you can say is "We shoulda been EVEN more warlike!
    I'm done = just as I predicted.

3) You keep relating tactics that worked a lifetime ago to modern war and I keep pointing out that they have rarely worked in decades.
    Is this number three......or is the next one number 3?

3) I'm not running away and if I was it would be the FIRST time, but then you are well aware that perception matters more than reality to most which is why you post the way you do. .
    You are running away, we both know why.

There is no point continuing to converse. I have stated my positions you have stated yours.We disagree at the very core of our beings. So I'll be responding to you much less from now on. There is no point.
    If somehow your arrested development neocon ego demands that you call that some sort of victory, I don't give a $#@!. I have a fully developed , adult ego. So if you want to chaulk up this thread as a "win" vs. a discussion ( which is how I imagine you view most aspects of your life) go for it.
    "There is no point in continuing." "Why should I" "I don't like the way I'm treated" "I'm done"

I simply cannot listen to you say the same stuff over and over again anymore. I see no point in hearing you justify the failures of our aggression by claiming we were not aggressive enough! Or use war history from a time gone by to justify modern interventionism .
    You're not being asked to listen. You're being asked to answer questions. You can't and we both know why.
    And I seriously doubt ANYBODY has ever "feared being schooled by you" . Or to put it plainly : Get the $#@! over yourself! I'm just tired ransom. I come here for lively debate and interaction and seem to get along with most members most of the time ( definitely not all the time) I felt I had to add that due to your propensity for turning "sometimes" into "always"
    So find someone else to bother, "enlighten" , save or whatever you want to call it. There is no point in addressing your post to or at me any longer.
    "I'm tired Ransom" "find someone else" "I come here for lively debate and get along with most except for you"

Roses are red
    Cheeseburgers have a bun
    I f'n told you so
    donttread will run.

Happy Friday, Predictable.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    We have discussed this in many threads. In short, Saddam blocked Iranian power.
    There are three questions submitted. If you don't mind, thanks.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 148,542x in 94,964 Posts
    Mentioned
    2554 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are three questions submitted. If you don't mind, thanks.
    bin Laden used history and rhetoric in clever ways. He main beef was with the English. But since they lacked any real power he shifted to the US.

Saddam put bin Laden's boys into plastic shredders feet first. bin Laden was no fan of Saddam.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter1469 View Post
    bin Laden used history and rhetoric in clever ways. He main beef was with the English. But since they lacked any real power he shifted to the US.

Saddam put bin Laden's boys into plastic shredders feet first. bin Laden was no fan of Saddam.
    Does this mean you can't answer the questions submitted, or won't?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    496 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @donttread

I might as well wear blue. Major League Umpires wear blue. Often times, the ump is called Blue. I call em like I see em, and I called this one high and outside because that's what it predictably was.

I told you so.

+ Reply to Thread