User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Conservatives More Negative Than Liberals?

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 704
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Pendragon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21x in 17 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are Conservatives More Negative Than Liberals?

It appears to this author the answer is yes. Liberals tend to be positive, loving, caring individuals while many conservatives tear down the world they observe and offer criticism with very little in the way of offering improvement. However I am willing to admit that my social circles generally include more liberals than conservatives, so I put it to you conservatives here on this board to tell me if I am wrong. In observing the posts here from the more conservative members there appears to be a constant drum beat of negativity, not only against Obama but against the system and even the country. I feel sorry for those of you who have no hope for the future. Remember, even if you do not believe in Obama, YES WE CAN!
    "No one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty or possessions."

~ John Locke

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,583x in 36,517 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Are Conservatives More Negative Than Liberals?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    It appears to this author the answer is yes. Liberals tend to be positive, loving, caring individuals while many conservatives tear down the world they observe and offer criticism with very little in the way of offering improvement. However I am willing to admit that my social circles generally include more liberals than conservatives, so I put it to you conservatives here on this board to tell me if I am wrong. In observing the posts here from the more conservative members there appears to be a constant drum beat of negativity, not only against Obama but against the system and even the country. I feel sorry for those of you who have no hope for the future. Remember, even if you do not believe in Obama, YES WE CAN!
    Could you cite this negativity?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's not a good time in this nation's history. It's not just me saying that. There are facts that bear this out. Unemployment, federal debt, wealth disparity, the price of gold, etc. It goes beyond saying that conservatives are negative and liberals are positive. Liberals think they have an ally in the President, so it makes sense that they would be happier with the path the country is taking. The situation was flipped when George W. Bush was in office. The thing is that if you and other partisans were paying attention no one would be happy with the general actions of either. No one should support government expansion for expansion's sake and further wastes of money. Liberals would admit too that money can be better spent on the social programs they support rather than just flushing it on long shots like the 'jobs' bill.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Conley View Post
    It's not a good time in this nation's history. It's not just me saying that. There are facts that bear this out. Unemployment, federal debt, wealth disparity, the price of gold, etc. It goes beyond saying that conservatives are negative and liberals are positive. Liberals think they have an ally in the President, so it makes sense that they would be happier with the path the country is taking. The situation was flipped when George W. Bush was in office. The thing is that if you and other partisans were paying attention no one would be happy with the general actions of either. No one should support government expansion for expansion's sake and further wastes of money. Liberals would admit too that money can be better spent on the social programs they support rather than just flushing it on long shots like the 'jobs' bill.
    It goes well beyond saying that conservatives are negative and liberals are positive.
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 931
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger Second Class50000 Experience PointsYour first GroupVeteran
    Conley's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,511x in 2,019 Posts
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Definitely.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21x in 17 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    It is all around us. On Fox News, on this forum, and throughout the other various media outlets. Do you not wish to discuss the issue?

~ John Locke

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is all around us. On Fox News, on this forum, and throughout the other various media outlets. Do you not wish to discuss the issue?
    You've asked loaded questions. Again, can you cite some of this negativity for us? especially from this website.

~Alain de Benoist

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 21x in 17 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fine.

This is just the latest example:

Quote Originally Posted by Jay C. View Post
    I'm starting to warm to Romney but I think mostly that's because he sounds intelligent and isn't Obama. That's about 90% of his appeal to me.
    I don't like his smile for some reason. I still have hope that the GOP can be reformed so they will get my vote in 2012.
    You don't like his smile? In your mind this is not only a topic for discussion, but a reason to dislike a candidate?

~ John Locke

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Achievements:
    Elibe's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 23x in 16 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have noticed this too

conservatives are quick to criticize but they dont offer any real solutions

they want tax cuts but still want all their bennies like social security medicare and all the rest of it.

Original Ranter
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fine.

This is just the latest example:

Quote Originally Posted by Jay C. View Post
    I'm starting to warm to Romney but I think mostly that's because he sounds intelligent and isn't Obama. That's about 90% of his appeal to me.
    I don't like his smile for some reason. I still have hope that the GOP can be reformed so they will get my vote in 2012.
    You don't like his smile? In your mind this is not only a topic for discussion, but a reason to dislike a candidate?
    Yu haven't answered my question, Pen,. Where is this negativity? If you don't the fact that I mentioned Romney's smile then you don;t have to respond to it. Please cite this negativity.

~Alain de Benoist

+ Reply to Thread