Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 12,276x in 9,780 Posts
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs up I’m embarrassed for America

America spends a lots of time and tax payer money preaching democracy to the world and dictating voting processes and standards for other countries, yet many Americans have gone out of their way to limit its own citizens voting access. The simple FACT, that for the third Presidential Election in a row, places like Florida has its own citizens standing in lines for more the 5 to 7 hours … not on Election Day, but Early Election Days. This is totally embarrassing and completely unnecessary.

It's sad that a political party can't win an election on its message and merit alone, and has to lower the standards of the entire country and make a complete mockery of the United States Democratic Process.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 1,631
    Overall activity: 0.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    patrickt's Avatar Senior Member
    Living in Oaxaca, Mexico, born in Memphis and worked in Colorado
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 5,009x in 3,481 Posts
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How true. The massive effort to prevent the military from voting is a shame we shouldn't have to live with. And, the election fraud that is supported by this administration and Democrats in general is a shame for a country that prides itself on free elections.

I'm sorry, Cigar, that no one told you that people who want to avoid the lines have options for voting early. There has been a lot of discussion here about the early voting. Even the mentally ill and the elderly with dementia have, with the thoughtful assistance of Democrat thugs, voted early.

I am glad to see you got to work this morning. Is posting here actually your job or is your boss just totally oblivious t what you're doing. Wait, I know, you're in one of those environmentally green businesses that President Obama gave millions to that actually don't do any work.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 462
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    wazi99's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 82x in 54 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Election in a row, places like Florida has its own citizens standing in lines for more the 5 to 7 hours … not on Election Day, but Early Election Days
    Its not a bad thing that there are long lines its a good thing. That means people are voting! Something that has not always been true in the past.

Most people in the world do not have a chance to pick their leaders. Many who have a chance to vote face death if they vote the wrong way. Waiting in line is a far cry from people who face death if they vote the wrong way.

But sadly there are many people who truely try to scare people from voting. It comes in the form of letter sent to Republicans in Florida and out right threats.

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Cigar's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    How true. The massive effort to prevent the military from voting is a shame we shouldn't have to live with. And, the election fraud that is supported by this administration and Democrats in general is a shame for a country that prides itself on free elections.

I'm sorry, Cigar, that no one told you that people who want to avoid the lines have options for voting early. There has been a lot of discussion here about the early voting. Even the mentally ill and the elderly with dementia have, with the thoughtful assistance of Democrat thugs, voted early.

I am glad to see you got to work this morning. Is posting here actually your job or is your boss just totally oblivious t what you're doing. Wait, I know, you're in one of those environmentally green businesses that President Obama gave millions to that actually don't do any work.

Obviously you didn't read the post before entered your canned response.

Those lines are for early voting.

Try again.

Achievements:
    Cigar's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wazi99 View Post
    Its not a bad thing that there are long lines its a good thing. That means people are voting! Something that has not always been true in the past.

Most people in the world do not have a chance to pick their leaders. Many who have a chance to vote face death if they vote the wrong way. Waiting in line is a far cry from people who face death if they vote the wrong way.

But sadly there are many people who truely try to scare people from voting. It comes in the form of letter sent to Republicans in Florida and out right threats.

I believe this entire Voter Suppression thing is going to backfire big-time on the Republicans Party. After this election, all the excuses will be taken cared of and Republicans will still have the same problem, Demographics and their tent Size.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 82x in 54 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe this entire Voter Suppression thing is going to backfire big-time on the Republicans Party. After this election, all the excuses will be taken cared of and Republicans will still have the same problem, Demographics and their tent Size.
    But you forget the lines in Florida are in largely counties run by Democrats. How are republicans creating these long lines in areas run by democrats. You forget polling locations are run by county boards in FL not state.

Lets not make up things here but stick to facts. Do you have any evidence that republicans are making lines this long?

Achievements:
    Cigar's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But you forget the lines in Florida are in largely counties run by Democrats. How are republicans creating these long lines in areas run by democrats. You forget polling locations are run by county boards in FL not state.

Lets not make up things here but stick to facts. Do you have any evidence that republicans are making lines this long?
    I don't know if the letters are too close together or someone needs it translated for you guys ...

FACT - Those Nationally televised pictures show Humans (not Democrats or Republicans), but Humans standing in line to Vote. Just like it did in 2008 and the four years before that. No where did Post #1 did I mention Democrat or Republican. The FACT that Americans have to stand in lines for several hours to Vote is wrong and embarrassing for American.

Do you have "ANY" proof that every person in those lines are Voting Democratic?

This Thread is about Americans have to stand in line for several hours for Vote .. That's Americans.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 82x in 54 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if the letters are too close together or someone needs it translated for you guys ...

FACT - Those Nationally televised pictures show Humans (not Democrats or Republicans), but Humans standing in line to Vote. Just like it did in 2008 and the four years before that. No where did Post #1 did I mention Democrat or Republican. The FACT that Americans have to stand in lines for several hours to Vote is wrong and embarrassing for American.

Do you have "ANY" proof that every person in those lines are Voting Democratic?

This Thread is about Americans have to stand in line for several hours for Vote .. That's Americans.
    Nice doge but again do you have any evidence that Republicans are creating long lines in a democratic run county?

You did say republicans are suppressing the vote. If they are suppressing it who are they suppressing if not Democrats are you saying they are suppressing Republican votes? You are sounding silly and are talking in circles.
    Last edited by wazi99; 11-05-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Achievements:
    Cigar's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    1541 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice doge but again do you have any evidence that Republicans are creating long lines in a democratic run county?

You did say republicans are suppressing the vote. If they are suppressing it who are they suppressing if not Democrats are you saying they are suppressing Republican votes? You are sounding silly and are talking in circles.
    Look, I'm not going to waist my time playing stupid with the stupid. If you feel there's no suppression effort going on, then that your choice and move on to another Thread. I choose to believe what I see and hear, you can choose to do what ever you want.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,665
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Libhater's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,036x in 767 Posts
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Early voting always favored Democrats as they got out to vote to avoid the long lines on election day. So no one knows where cigar is getting this notion that the voter is being suppressed. Perhaps cigar was referring to the strong arm suppression tactics of his black panther brothers in front of the Philadelphia voting venue back in 2010 when they waved those night sticks in front of white Republican voters.

+ Reply to Thread