User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finland's universal basic income trial for unemployed reduces stress levels, says off

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 81,521x in 55,042 Posts
    Mentioned
    2014 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Oh for heaven's sake, you are the one that brought up the topic of minimum income an all that it entails. You are the one who focused on this woman's fear of being forced to get a job in view of her obligations. If you didn't want to discuss how it might impact the decisions that people make, you shouldn't have introduced the topic to begin with.

Once again, I forgot and responded in one of your threads. If I don't agree with you I am being distracting or off topic or anything else that you can toss in the road. Meh. If you want to talk about force, that's you. Don't introduce a topic broadly and then decide how people should answer your topic narrowly. Perhaps you haven't noticed, but I don't agree with your economic theories - Hayek, Friedman or Hans Herman Hoppe, whose theories by the way, have not stood the test of time. Macro economics have been proven to be unable to predict actual behavior. Big surprise.

I don't think that the state is inherently evil so my responses are not going to support such a theory and never will. I think that a completely anarchistic society would regress humanity by hundreds of years and leave it open to predation by those who don't embrace anarchy, with big armies and big ambitions. Short of the catastrophic collapse of all civilization and major population contraction, the only way anarchism could exist is within the protection of a state. Outside of it, it would very shortly be overcome. America will never become what you envision because no one wants the aggravation of having to contract for every possible infrastructure service and have to fight over contributions to national roads and services. It's just unrealistic and impractical. The state evolved in part because of practical issues. Small populations have simple issues. Big populations have complex issues. What works for small populations does not work for big populations. Places like Zomia are no example of anything other than people who are hiding out from governments as best they can. They are not examples of anything in particular other than maintaining a low profile. They are necessarily primitive for that reason.

For the same reason, the free market will never be free because the entire world will not buy into anarchism and eventually anarchism will invariably lead to capitalism, statism and everything that you hate, because... human nature.

I have thus addressed every topic that you have ever posted on the forum.

You did it again, quoted me but did not repond at all to what you quoted.

What I mean by this is easily seen above. We're discussing this woman who's stress was relieved by UBI. Fine, discuss. So you raise an argument about circumstances. I counter that regardless of circumstances we make choices and those should not be imposed on others. You quoted that and merely repeated your argument about circumstances, you replied not at all about choices and those being forced on others.

Here I say you're not reponding to what you quote and you go off on what the topic is, no connection to what you quoted, and given no connection it cannot be said you're arguing with me or disagreeing with me or anything. Basically, you're blogging.

I then make a point about the cost of medical care and once again you fail to respond to that and wander off into your canned response about the state and anarchy and complexity.

Suggestion: Quote yourself and reply to yourself instead of pretending to reply to me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Kalkin (05-10-2017)

+ Reply to Thread