GrassrootsConservative's Avatar Banned
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,273x in 3,200 Posts
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “The message he was sending,” she said, answering a question about it while traveling to Mentor, Ohio, with reporters on Air Force One, “is if you don’t like the policies, if you don’t like the plan that Gov. Romney is putting forward, if you think that’s a bad deal for the middle class, then you can go to the voting booth and cast your ballot. It’s nothing more complicated than that.”
    That's an excuse. That doesn't answer the question I was asking. He used the word revenge (A word that provokes a GREAT DEAL of emotion in anyone) for a reason, and I want to know who he thinks he is striking revenge upon.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 925
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    WalterSobchak's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 441x in 350 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathaariancode View Post
    Walter, I think what he's trying to say is "The Dude Abides."

LOL. Not likely! But The Dude does indeed abide.
    "Trump is a bit like Gandhi, but without intelligence, without restraint, without humility, without wisdom and without empathy for anyone but himself."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WalterSobchak For This Useful Post:

Deadwood (11-05-2012)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,120
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Deadwood's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,752x in 1,198 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrassrootsConservative View Post
    FAL, do you know who he is talking about? I understand completely that the rhetoric is awful, but who's his target? Is this man (who has made racially-charged statements many times before) telling his supporters to vote for revenge on whites? I can't figure out who else he would be talking about, and it's really starting to take over my brain.

It is clear to me who he is talking about. He mentioned Mitt Romney and the crowd booed. And he interrupted and said "don't boo, vote." The mentioned revenge. The correct assumption to draw there is he is referencing Romney.

I would say it is a stretch to say he is targeting whites.

The right goes ape $#@! when the left plays the race card, correctly so. So it is wrong to do so in reverse. That is what's fueling the racial tension as both sides are reacting to stimuli that simply isn't there. I and the rest who oppose Obama do not oppose him because of his skin color, but because he is an enormous failure.

Having said that, his choice of the word "revenge" was beyond bad taste and proves his attitude of his way or nothing. And that's what has gotten the country into the mess it is in.

He is divisive because he is an egomaniac sociopath, not because he is a racist.

There, you asked. Answered

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deadwood For This Useful Post:

GrassrootsConservative (11-05-2012),Trinnity (11-06-2012),WalterSobchak (11-05-2012)

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not trying to fuel the "race war" if you will call it that, I'm just trying to decide if that's what he meant or not. I guess he could be talking about Romney, if Romney had done anything that needs revenge. Romney hasn't done anything to America, he was never president. That's like in 2008 if McCain had said vote for revenge on Obama, people would be scratching their heads wondering what the bat$#@! bald man was saying.

Why would Obama use that word on someone who hasn't done anything wrong to the American people?

Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kathaariancode View Post
    Well, sound bites can only tell us so much. We heard a pretty damning sound bite, but I'd like to hear more of the speech before I draw conclusions.

I think GRC does as well, which is the reason for this thread.

Sound bites tell us everything. Obama is a master at the 15 second sound bite, one of the best I have ever seen in fact and I spent 25 years chasing sound bites in radio and television. All politicians live and die on them. He knew EXACTLY what he was saying and who he was saying it to. His intent was to stir enough emotion in the listener to anger them enough to get them to the polls.

It needs no more analysis than that. At this point in the campaign Obama has one, just one objective and that is to get his support to the voting booth...period, paragraph. It ain't rocket science at this point.

And again, no I seriously doubt he had any racist intent.

But it was among many war stance, divisive, and antagonistic statements he has made

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deadwood For This Useful Post:

GrassrootsConservative (11-05-2012),Trinnity (11-06-2012)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not trying to fuel the "race war" if you will call it that, I'm just trying to decide if that's what he meant or not. I guess he could be talking about Romney, if Romney had done anything that needs revenge. Romney hasn't done anything to America, he was never president. That's like in 2008 if McCain had said vote for revenge on Obama, people would be scratching their heads wondering what the bat$#@! bald man was saying.

Why would Obama use that word on someone who hasn't done anything bad?

It doesn't matter whether Romney has done anything deserving of revenge. Politics is not what is, but what you can make it appear to be. Negative ads are designed to generate emotion, often hate. The objective is no deeper than the crass, gutter slime orientation of demonizing your opponent enough that you motivate them.

Think professional wrestling -- non scripted.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadwood For This Useful Post:

GrassrootsConservative (11-05-2012)

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see. So he was just using that word to evoke emotions, exactly like I said it did? I guess that makes sense.
    Thanks FAL, if I had known you had the answer I would have just messaged you about it.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
    LOL. Not likely! But The Dude does indeed abide.
    Walter, I am The Dude and I do abide.....

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see. So he was just using that word to evoke emotions, exactly like I said it did? I guess that makes sense.
    Thanks FAL, if I had known you had the answer I would have just messaged you about it.
    Exactly. But not with any racial intent. Look, he might be a lot of things be he ain't stupid. He's not about to walk into flying $#@! tonmight OK.

I see both you and Walter thanked me on a post [thank you] and so you agree on one thing. So, n ow have a big hug, sing a few bars of kumbaya and find something else to square off on..

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 576
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Canadianeye's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 254x in 164 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
    Here you go GRC. First hit on Google.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...e-comment?lite

Took 20 seconds.

Does that answer your question GRC?
    Here is the "excuse", ummm, complete excuse. Inclusive of why it didn't work, and was basically just a lie to blur the "revenge" statement.

As Obama traveled to northern Ohio Saturday morning, campaign official Jen Psaki was asked about the “revenge” remark. According to a White House pool report, Psaki said Obama had been speaking in the context of Romney’s “scare tactics” in Ohio. The Republican is “frightening workers in Ohio into thinking, falsely, that they’re not going to have a job,” Psaki said, according to the pool report. “And the message [Obama] was sending is if you don’t like the policies, if you don’t like the plan that Gov. Romney is putting forward, if you think that’s a bad deal for the middle class, then you can go to the voting booth and cast your ballot. It’s nothing more complicated than that.”

The problem is, the president was actually not speaking in the context of Romney’s highly-controversial ads about bailed-out Chrysler adding production of Jeeps in China. In fact, Obama had not said a word about the Jeep controversy when he said “revenge.” His speech had touched on Hurricane Sandy, on the progress the American economy has made in the last few years, on his national security accomplishments, on the choice Americans will make on November 6, on Bill Clinton’s record — on a lot of things, but not on Jeep.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama-...rticle/2512500

Full text of speech.
    The time for just talk is done. Active recruiting of friends, relatives, co-workers and congregations is now critical. Be the Indy Voter making the difference. 7,501 groups formed. 3.5 million FB. Take back your schools, communities and country.http://www.freedomworks.org/

Yet social and economic alchemists on the progressive left press on, arrogantly believing they, despite overwhelming historical and real time evidence to the contrary..can turn collectivist lead into utopian gold - Webrockk

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canadianeye For This Useful Post:

Deadwood (11-06-2012),GrassrootsConservative (11-05-2012),roadmaster (11-06-2012)

+ Reply to Thread