User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Tips for foreign leaders meeting with Trump: Keep it short - give him a win

  1. #1
    Points: 127,594, Level: 86
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 1,656
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience Points1 year registeredOverdriveRecommendation Second Class
    Bo-4's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    294042
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    31,511
    Points
    127,594
    Level
    86
    Thanks Given
    9,764
    Thanked 9,012x in 7,274 Posts
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Tips for foreign leaders meeting with Trump: Keep it short - give him a win

    So true, our POTUS has the attention span of a Mayfly and needs to be coddled.

    After four months of interactions between Mr. Trump and his counterparts, foreign officials and their Washington consultants say certain rules have emerged:

    1) Keep it short — no 30-minute monologue for a 30-second attention span
    2) Do not assume he knows the history of the country or its major points of contention
    3) Compliment him on his Electoral College victory
    4) Contrast him favorably with President
    Barack Obama
    5) Do not get hung up on whatever was said during the campaign
    6) Stay in regular touch
    7) Do not go in with a shopping list but bring some sort of deal he can call a victory


    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/w...trip.html?_r=0
    Fascism begins with a central argument that the world is broken .. everything is a mess -Unknown

  2. #2
    Points: 13,369, Level: 27
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 181
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Dr. Strangelove's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    17602
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    N. California, Sierra foothills
    Posts
    5,055
    Points
    13,369
    Level
    27
    Thanks Given
    1,821
    Thanked 1,363x in 1,112 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    That's your typical Rethuglican voter today! They always have a bug up their ass about something!
    "When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag, and waving a cross"

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Strangelove For This Useful Post:

    Captain Obvious (05-19-2017)

  4. #3
    Points: 61,947, Level: 60
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocial
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    276734
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Madison
    Posts
    30,887
    Points
    61,947
    Level
    60
    Thanks Given
    20,517
    Thanked 8,091x in 6,464 Posts
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo-4 View Post
    So true, our POTUS has the attention span of a Mayfly and needs to be coddled.

    After four months of interactions between Mr. Trump and his counterparts, foreign officials and their Washington consultants say certain rules have emerged:

    1) Keep it short — no 30-minute monologue for a 30-second attention span
    2) Do not assume he knows the history of the country or its major points of contention
    3) Compliment him on his Electoral College victory
    4) Contrast him favorably with President
    Barack Obama
    5) Do not get hung up on whatever was said during the campaign
    6) Stay in regular touch
    7) Do not go in with a shopping list but bring some sort of deal he can call a victory
    When the pathetic buffoons who write and who believe this nonsense reach their first billion in net worth please let us know won't you, dear?
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterVeritis For This Useful Post:

    resister (05-19-2017)

  6. #4
    Points: 48,310, Level: 53
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 540
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial50000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    resister's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    149672
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Arcadia Fl
    Posts
    18,191
    Points
    48,310
    Level
    53
    Thanks Given
    14,176
    Thanked 5,653x in 4,397 Posts
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Fl. home to 4 million concealed carry permit holders. Enjoy your visit, spend your $ and go home!



  7. #5
    Original Ranter
    V.I.P
    Points: 417,845, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    404089
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    130,093
    Points
    417,845
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    74,957
    Thanked 55,058x in 38,111 Posts
    Mentioned
    2046 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't bow down like previous presidents.

    Tell them what they are going to do if they want what we have.

    Did Obama get that shirt dry-cleaned, or is it in his library?
    Alea iacta est

    Check out the blog.


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1469 For This Useful Post:

    resister (05-19-2017)

  9. #6
    Original Ranter
    Points: 238,532, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    766677
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    69,299
    Points
    238,532
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    24,335
    Thanked 32,816x in 22,371 Posts
    Mentioned
    875 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post


    That's your typical Rethuglican voter today! They always have a bug up their ass about something!
    lol

    No mirrors in your joint?
    my junk is ugly

  10. #7
    V.I.P
    Points: 93,824, Level: 74
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Dr. Who's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    855434
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,219
    Points
    93,824
    Level
    74
    Thanks Given
    21,533
    Thanked 18,690x in 12,816 Posts
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    When the pathetic buffoons who write and who believe this nonsense reach their first billion in net worth please let us know won't you, dear?
    Just an observation, but you seem to be incredibly impressed with the acquisition of money as the be all and end all of human endeavour.

    So, if you were to choose a person with whom to be stranded on a deserted island, would you choose Trump who would make you do all the work or someone who could actually help find food, build a house and wouldn't endlessly talk about himself.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Who For This Useful Post:

    Bo-4 (05-20-2017)

  12. #8
    Points: 61,947, Level: 60
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered50000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassSocial
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    276734
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Madison
    Posts
    30,887
    Points
    61,947
    Level
    60
    Thanks Given
    20,517
    Thanked 8,091x in 6,464 Posts
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Who View Post
    Just an observation, but you seem to be incredibly impressed with the acquisition of money as the be all and end all of human endeavour.

    So, if you were to choose a person with whom to be stranded on a deserted island, would you choose Trump who would make you do all the work or someone who could actually help find food, build a house and wouldn't endlessly talk about himself.
    For those who are not complete idiots, wealth accumulation is a good measure of success.


    Your observation sucks.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

  13. #9
    Original Ranter
    V.I.P
    Points: 417,845, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    404089
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    130,093
    Points
    417,845
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    74,957
    Thanked 55,058x in 38,111 Posts
    Mentioned
    2046 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If all people embraced personal responsibility we would have a much smaller responsibility for social welfare.

    I would just shut it down all together above a very minimal level of support. If you don't work when able, you have zero real need for high speed internet.
    Alea iacta est

    Check out the blog.


  14. #10
    V.I.P
    Points: 93,824, Level: 74
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 926
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Dr. Who's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    855434
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,219
    Points
    93,824
    Level
    74
    Thanks Given
    21,533
    Thanked 18,690x in 12,816 Posts
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterVeritis View Post
    For those who are not complete idiots, wealth accumulation is a good measure of success.


    Your observation sucks.
    No, it's not. Criminals also accumulate wealth - see the Mafia. Vast wealth is never accumulated without moral ambivalence.
    "The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.”
    Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


Critical Acclaim
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO