Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 459x in 307 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kizzume View Post
    "Squandering"? Yeah, and some of you think there's a war against Christians because retailers choose to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".
    Perhaps some do, and some of "YOU" are threatening Romney's life while at the same time calling his supporters racists.
    What's your point?

Yeah, "squandering". That's what I call it when the nation that built you puts you in charge and you waste trillions of her tax dollars, set race relations back half a century with small minded division tactics and seek to bring her under the jurisdiction of foreign, world organizations with track records of NOT having America's best interest at heart.
    The fundamental difference between conservatives and liberals is simple.
    Conservatives, like our founders, understand that man has a propensity to do evil. They accept this fact of human nature and have given us the tools to protect ourselves from those who might victimize us.
    Liberals believe that under the right mandates, restrictions and incentives all that potential evil can be bred out of humanity.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,120
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Deadwood's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,752x in 1,198 Posts
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Squandering"? Yeah, and some of you think there's a war against Christians because retailers choose to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

Wow...

seen leaps of logic but that was a $#@!ing moon shot.

From despair over the economy to whining about complaints about what Christians get to call THEIR holiday is beyond latex in stretch......

Have an Atavan and chill Kizz...

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Kizzume's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 185x in 118 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people who think Obama is some evil person intent on destroying the country who wants the UN to dictate US law need to take an Atavan and chill.
    Sorry--but I do not accept the idea that being intolerant of intolerance is THE SAME THING as being intolerant of anything else.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Achievements:
    IGetItAlready's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people who think Obama is some evil person intent on destroying the country who wants the UN to dictate US law need to take an Atavan and chill.
    I think people who claim to know what motivates Obama need to read his books.
    Assuming you voted for him in '08 Kizz, what did you base your support on if you hadn't read his books? And if you had read his books you'd quite simply not be making such claims and yet you do, implying you've NOT read his books.
    So, who do you trust to spoon feed you Obama's motives and intents?
    Conservatives, like our founders, understand that man has a propensity to do evil. They accept this fact of human nature and have given us the tools to protect ourselves from those who might victimize us.
    Liberals believe that under the right mandates, restrictions and incentives all that potential evil can be bred out of humanity.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I go by a combination of what he's done with what he says he'll do.
    Sorry--but I do not accept the idea that being intolerant of intolerance is THE SAME THING as being intolerant of anything else.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I go by a combination of what he's done with what he says he'll do.
    And is that what you did in 2008?

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IGetItAlready View Post
    And is that what you did in 2008?
    In 2008 I voted for him because he's an articulate speaker, talked about the things I don't like about the republican party in a clear and concise manner, he's black, and he wasn't going to repeat the Bush policies quite as badly as McCain--who seemed like he was just going to be a continuation of the policies that brought us in the mess we're still dealing with.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 2008 I voted for him because he's an articulate speaker, talked about the things I don't like about the republican party in a clear and concise manner, he's black, and he wasn't going to repeat the Bush policies quite as badly as McCain--who seemed like he was just going to be a continuation of the policies that brought us in the mess we're still dealing with.
    So you chose to categorically disregard all the claims that he had close ties to radicals along with any and all other questions regarding what he himself admits truly motivates him and blindly step in line due to his ability to market himself? Oh, that and his good fortune in being black?
    Admit it Kizz, you don't want to know the truth...or you in fact DO know the truth but as you're good with it, it's easier to play the, "You're all a bunch of conspiracy nutz" card and hope your Cloward-Piven collapse comes sooner as opposed to later.
    Hmmm...

Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    oceanloverOH's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,745x in 1,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a helluva lot of people did it in 2008 and a helluva lot of people will do it today....but voting for someone based on the color of his skin (and you *did* mention that) is just as inane as voting based on the color of someone's hair or eyes. Makes much more sense to me to vote for the best person for the job. But hey, that's just me.

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,397
    Achievements:
    Social25000 Experience PointsVeteran
    bladimz's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,497x in 1,146 Posts
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He was the best alternative for the job in 2008, and the best choice for the job in 2012.

In 2008, everyone but the family pet was pretty much fed up with the Bush administration's policies and the direction the economy was headed. A Democratic win was not too tough to call. In 2012, the GOP nominated a weak opponent who headed up a rocky and uneven campaign. He may have won 10, 15 years ago when national demographics were different...

It should really be no surprise to anyone who is willing to think objectively about this. The GOP has 4 years now to work on their brand. Good luck to them. The only way this country really wins with this two party system is for both parties to be strong and well-structured.
    Please note: verbage enclosed by < > indicates sarcasm

"There's class war alright. But it's my class that's making the war. And we're winning it." - Warren Buffet

+ Reply to Thread