eninn's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39x in 35 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People use a Lunar (Moon/Hijri) calendar, and a Solar (Georgian) calendar The lunar calendar considers a full round of the moon phases as one month, which becomes either 29 or 30 days.

The lunar year is 12 months. The 9th month is Ramadan, according to Hijri calendar

Some nations are also using the lunar calendar, like China, Japan, Korea, Nepal & Vietnam; where it is used mainly to determine traditional holidays. The country which uses it as the official calendar is Saudi Arabia.

In Ramadan, adult Muslims do not eat or drink during daylight (i.e. from dawn until sunset). The action of not eating & drinking is called ‘fasting’ (단식). Again, we fast during the daylight ONLY, people eat normally after sunset.

Q: Why Ramadan?

Well, since you are reading this page, then you have an electronic device and internet connection. There is a good chance you never actually starved. Whenever you feel hungry, you always respond. Do you know how does the poor feel, feeling the hunger but finding nothing? You can imagine, you can try skipping meals, but how about trying to fast for one day, during summer, winter, fall and spring? Each season usually brings a bit longer or a bit shorter hours of daylight. This way, you will really feel it.

I know how does it feel. I experienced Ramadan in all seasons.

Hence, many Muslims respond to this solidarity by donating to the poor with money and food. Most neighborhoods in Muslim countries will have group meals every day during Ramadan for everyone. For this reason, people greet each other when Ramadan starts by saying “Ramadan Kareem”; literally “Ramadan is generous”.

Also, it has health benefits. You may search: health benefits of fasting.

Q: Sounds difficult to do, isn’t it?

At the end of the first and maybe second day, you might feel dizzy or have a headache, especially @the end of the first day (I do!). This is your body adjusting to the new diet, especially due to stopping your regular consumables during the day, like coffee. Yet the rest of the month will go smoothly.

Of course if the person will be affected negatively by fasting, like patients and the elderly, then they should not fast; if they do, then it is considered a sin! Islam tells people to take care of their bodies and conscience, hence avoiding alcohol and other narcotics.
    عودة المسيح عيسى عليه السلام يوشع ايفانز مترجم

خير الاعمال #مترجم | EARN THE MOST REWARDS BY DOING THIS JOB

WHY DO MUSLIMS FOLLOW THE LUNAR CALENDAR ...

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39x in 35 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The health benefits of fasting include detoxification, faster healing, radiant skin, and secretion of growth and anti-aging hormones. It is also good for the digestive system as it boosts metabolism, lowers cholesterol levels, and reduces appetite, thereby managing weight and obesity. It provides relief from epilepsy, arthritis, and other diseases.

لمس الكلب محظور بسبب داء الكلب || ذاكر نايك مترجم

هل الله أولاً في حياتك ؟ | #مترجم ?Is Allah the Highest Priority in Your Life

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 530
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 24,503x in 16,030 Posts
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why are you in my country ? Are you perhaps lost ?
    I'm yo.
    This my brother yo
    We yo yo

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39x in 35 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’tikaaf means staying in the mosque for a specific purpose, which is to worship Allah, may He be glorified. It is prescribed in Islam and is mustahabb according to the consensus of the scholars. Imam Ahmad said, as was narrated from him by Abu Dawood: “I have not heard from any of the scholars that it is anything other than Sunnah.”

Al-Zuhri, May Allah have mercy on him, said: “How strange the Muslims are! They have given up I’tikaaf, despite the fact that the Prophet, Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him, never abandoned this practice from the time he came to Madeenah until his death.”

The benefits of I’tikaaf

There are many hidden benefits in the acts of worship and much wisdom behind them. The basis of all deeds is the heart, as the Messenger of Allah, Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him, said: “In the body there is an organ which if it is sound, the entire body will be sound, and if it is corrupt, the entire body will be corrupt. That organ is the heart.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 52; Muslim, 1599)

What corrupts the heart most is distractions and preoccupations – such as food, drink, sex, talking too much, sleeping too much and socializing too much, and other distractions – which divert people from turning to Allah and cause the heart to be unfocused and unable to concentrate on worshipping Allah. So Allah has prescribed acts of worship, such as fasting, to protect the heart from the negative effects of these distractions. Fasting deprives a person of food and drink and sex during the day, and this denial of excessive enjoyments is reflected in the heart, which gains more strength for seeking Allah and frees it from the chains of these distractions which distract a person from thinking of the Hereafter by occupying him with worldly concerns.

Just as fasting is a shield which protects the heart from the influences of physical distractions such as excessive indulgence in food, drink and sex, so I’tikaaf offers an immense hidden benefit, which is protection from the effects of excessive socializing. For people may take socializing to extremes, until it has a similar effect on a person to the effects of over-eating, as the poet said:

“Your enemy was once your friend, so do not have too many companions,

For, as you see, most diseases come from food and drink.”

I’tikaaf also offers protection from the evil consequences of talking too much, because a person usually does I’tikaaf on his own, turning to Allah by praying Qiyaam al-Layl, reading Qur'an, making Dhikr, reciting du’aa’, and so on.

It also offers protection from sleeping too much, because when a person makes I’tikaaf in the mosque, he devotes his time to drawing closer to Allah by doing different kinds of acts of worship; he does not stay in the mosque to sleep.

Undoubtedly a person’s success in freeing himself from socializing, talking and sleeping too much will help him to make his heart turn towards Allah, and will protect him from the opposite.
    During the period of I’tikaaf, the Muslim is not allowed to go out except in the case of definite needs which serve to facilitate his staying in the mosque for I’tikaaf. Apart from that, he should not go out, even if it is for a permissible purpose. So – for example – he cannot go out and walk around in the market-place, even for a short time, to buy things that have nothing to do with his I’tikaaf. If he goes out to buy siwaak, this will not affect his I’tikaaf because it is something that is required for his prayer during his I’tikaaf. But if he went out to buy a gift for his wife or for one of his children, that would invalidate his I’tikaaf, because the Messenger, Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him, did not go out except in the case of “human need”, as mentioned above. So how about if the person in I’tikaaf goes out to do something haraam such as smoking cigarettes for example, or to watch a satellite TV show that he usually watches? Undoubtedly this would invalidate his I’tikaaf.

So if he goes out to drink wine or to smoke, this invalidates his I’tikaaf. In general, any going out for any invalid reason invalidates one's I’tikaaf, and more so if the purpose of going out is to commit a sin. Even when he goes out for a legitimate purpose, it is not permissible for him to light a cigarette on the way.

I’tikaaf is an annual opportunity in which a person can get rid of these bad habits by repenting and turning to Allah, and by weaning himself from these sins during the period of I’tikaaf, not giving in to his desires, and getting used to this.

This continual worship of Allah requires continual patience on the part of the person in I’tikaaf, which is a kind of training for a person's will and a kind of self-discipline for the soul which usually tries to escape this worship to turn towards other matters which it desires.

There is also the kind of patience which is required for dealing with the absence of things which a person may be used to, such as different kinds of food that he eats at home but which are not available in the mosque. So he puts up with having little for the sake of earning the pleasure of Allah, may He be exalted and glorified.

And there is the kind of patience which is required for putting up with the place where he is sleeping, for he will not have a bed put in the mosque for him, or a comfortable mattress on which he could sleep. He sleeps on a very modest mattress or even on the carpets in the mosque.

And there is the kind of patience which is required for putting up with the conditions in the mosque, the crowds of people around him, the lack of peace and quiet such as he enjoys at home when he wants to sleep.

And there is the kind of patience which is required for suppressing his desire for his wife, with whom he is not allowed to have sexual relations if he goes home for any purpose; he cannot even kiss her or hug her, even though she is halaal for him. Thus the value of patience, strong will power and self-control is manifested. Through these practices and others, a person can train himself to delay many of the things he desires for the sake of things which are more important, so he puts off these psychological and material needs for the sake of earning the pleasure of Allah, may He be glorified and exalted.

(9) Peace of mind

(10) Reading the Qur'an and completing it

(11) Sincere repentance

(12) Qiyaam al-Layl (praying at night) and getting used to it

(13) Making good use of one's time

(14) Purifying one's soul

(15) Reforming one’s heart and focusing on Allah.

Seeking Laylat al-Qadr

This was the main purpose behind the I’tikaaf of the Prophet, Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him. At first his I’tikaaf lasted for the entire month, then he did I’tikaaf during the middle ten days, seeking Laylat al-Qadr. When he learned that it is in the last ten days of the month of Ramadhan, he limited his I’tikaaf to these blessed ten days.

We ask Allah to help us to remember Him, thank Him and worship Him properly.

And Allah knows best. May Allah bless our Prophet Muhammad
    Meaning of itikaf is farz or sunnah? - YouTube

حكام الاعتكاف؟ مرئيه باللغة الإنجليزية Rulings on i'tikaaf ...

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39x in 35 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    منصور يشرح الإسلام لفتاة مسيحية

حارس سجن غوانتانامو الأمريكي يعتنق الإسلام بعد أن رأى المسلمين يؤدون الصلاة رغم ظروف السجن الصعبة

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39x in 35 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a difference between the true teachings of Islam

And between the different traditions, customs and cultures of the peoples

A true Muslim adheres to the teachings of Islam

And the wonderful principles and values ​​of the Holy Quran

Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him

Talked about all religious and material matters

Because Islam
    Constitution and approach to life

By eating, sleeping and praying, taking a bath and making transactions between people

Religion is not just a ritual

Pray and then go out to lie and drink alcohol and lack of hygiene and adultery

Like other religions
    most christians dont even follow their own faith, they just carry it as a sort of "name" in their ID card or on their facebook status

becoming a muslim, means to "give in to GOD and to honor and obey

There are many people, by the grace of Allah, who have converted to Islam
    They left alcohol, gambling, usury and drugs

But before they converted to Islam, they couldn't leave all of these things

Doctors could not cure their addiction because they returned to addiction each time
    Prisons couldn't keep them away from drugs
    And all the other religions or systems could not help them
    Islam, by the grace of God, is a way to protect and protect these people from bad things
    There are many examples of converts to Islam, relatives and friends in society
    You will be surprised to change their behavior for the better

Islamic religion is really the right religion

من يتهم النبي محمد ﷺ بانه قاتل فهو أكبر كذاب في التأريخ ...

حوار شمسي مع شاب غير مسلم ( لا أدري ) حول الخالق ...

كيف يمكننا إقناع الناس بالإسلام ؛ وهم يقولون كلاما قبيحًا عن الإسلام ؛ وعن الرسول ؟

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,723
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    VeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    gamewell45's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,568x in 4,623 Posts
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Islam is the perfect religion of peace, why is there violence between the Shias and Sunnis? Which is the true faith?
    God Bless America, God Bless our Military and God Bless the Police who defended the country against the insurgents on January 6, 2021

Think 3rd party for 2024 folks. Clean up America.

Once I tell you that we agree to disagree there will be no more discussion between us in the thread so please don't waste your time continuing to argue your points because I will not respond.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gamewell45 For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (04-27-2020),Peter1469 (04-27-2020)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39x in 35 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shia & Sunni what's real ISLAM?

Baha'i, the Shiites and Ismailis
    Have nothing to do with Islam

I say the Holy Qur'an and the Hadith
    Only the truth inside them
    Bukhari is the book the right and the main source of sayings of the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him
    And beyond ranging from Sahih Muslim, Tirmidhi and Nasa'i and Ben Majah, and so on

yes

Exact match between the Holy Qur'an and the Hadith and science
    In all fields of medicine - Astronomy - Heaven - earth - space - self 00000
    And the testimony of scientists

must study Quran and Hadith

Will say allah akbar

Achievements:
    Level