User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MST3k

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second Class50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteranYour first Group
    Captain Obvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 40,087x in 27,208 Posts
    Mentioned
    1041 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So me and my son, he's 13 now, when he was younger we'd dial old episodes up on Youtube and watch them. I can't tell you how hard we laughed at them. Big fan of the series although some of them got kind of really bad but maybe half of them were pure gold. Pure... gold.

I was kind of so much a fan I asked a buddy of mine to make me an avatar based on the series. He was good with this $#@! and he did, I used it at a couple of places including DCJ before I got banned, a couple times, lol.

my junk is ugly

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Obvious For This Useful Post:

Hal Jordan (05-30-2017)

Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost done watching the "Laserblast" episode. HILARIOUS. Must watch if you have not seen it already. Truly an abysmal movie complete with: detestable characters; purposeless directing and shoddy editing; stilted, awkward dialog; and a nebulous plot that goes nowhere fast. This film has it ALL!
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,268
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Hal Jordan's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,795x in 4,453 Posts
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Almost done watching the "Laserblast" episode. HILARIOUS. Must watch if you have not seen it already. Truly an abysmal movie complete with: detestable characters; purposeless directing and shoddy editing; stilted, awkward dialog; and a nebulous plot that goes nowhere fast. This film has it ALL!
    I haven't seen that one yet. I see similarities with Manos already, though. The worst movies seem to make the best episodes.
    "For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'." John Greenleaf Whittier

"Our minds control our bodies. Our bodies control our enemies. Our enemies control jack shit by the time we're done with them." Stick

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hal Jordan For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (06-01-2017)

tPF Moderator
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 1,268
    Overall activity: 0.3%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Hal Jordan's Avatar tPF Moderator
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 6,795x in 4,453 Posts
    Mentioned
    582 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    So me and my son, he's 13 now, when he was younger we'd dial old episodes up on Youtube and watch them. I can't tell you how hard we laughed at them. Big fan of the series although some of them got kind of really bad but maybe half of them were pure gold. Pure... gold.

I was kind of so much a fan I asked a buddy of mine to make me an avatar based on the series. He was good with this $#@! and he did, I used it at a couple of places including DCJ before I got banned, a couple times, lol.

I haven't seen all of them, but the gold in one great episode more than makes up for all of the worst episodes I've seen combined.

My first exposure was in the late 90s. This was the time I started participating in my first forums, the old sci-fi.com BBoards. I was intrigued by the story writing on the BBoards, so joined in. As I did that, the main site had MST3K Caption This, which took screenshots of what was on the Sci-Fi channel ( before it became Syfy. WTF) and allowed us to give MST3K captions to whatever was going on. As I didn't have cable at the time, it was still years before I could become addicted to the show, but the caption game was a lot of fun. The BBoards died too soon.
    "For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'." John Greenleaf Whittier

"Our minds control our bodies. Our bodies control our enemies. Our enemies control jack shit by the time we're done with them." Stick

Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was watching "MST3K: The Return" and could not stick with it. It lacked the same organic feeling and comedic ease of the original. One of the great things about the original is that it gave you the sense of actually being on this ill fated spaceship with the characters. I don't get the same sense with the new one.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

+ Reply to Thread